Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to love this, I do. But that sculpt bores me to tears. I envy all the excited POs :(

200_s.gif

Looking at that pic, I also wonder what version of the Doc they are gonna go with. 80s radiation suit or 50's clothes with trench? Marty works either way.

This is one of those figures that even though it is going to look weird in my collection, I have to have it.

(There's my DX11, DX12, Bane, Mark 1 2.0, BD Mark VII, Iron Whiplash Mark II.......Oh and Marty McFly circa 1985.) :lol

Just a question. It seems that Sideshow are not accepting flex pay waitlist reservations? So if your on the waitlist and it converts they expect payment in full?
Update: Found the answer, no and yes. Nice way to circumvent payment plans on a hot item. Quickly place it on the waitlist. Very clever.

Last edited:
I'm pretty shocked how quickly the waitlist went up for the EX. Forum chatter doesn't always represent mass popularity, but I guess Back to the Future will do it!

I also got my preorder in. :yess:

But you can convert it to flex after it converts.

also, on the delorean, I'm expecting it to be more in line with the tumblr in price, as there is some reuse potential there.

It
l be cheaper than the 89 bat mobile, but not by much.

bottom tier pricing, around 499-549.

upper end pricing 599-650.

I dont see see it being in the 700-1000 range. Not with three of them they can pump out with minor cosmetic differences.

Think I might wait and get the bttf2 version. Gotta have that hover.

Got my PO in for an Exclusive! Very happy to see this line. Need Doc with his dog, and I'll be happy with or without the Delorean!

Well I guess I have a different idea of cost-value. Well $400+ I could see myself paying if I had to have it but any more than that is absurd.

I don't know if i would use the word *absurd*.
They are running a business. It's not about covering their costs and making $5 per item. It's about pricing the final piece as high as they can within reason.
I'd go to $900 for one, but *only* if it was one version with parts for all five versions. Otherwise, I expect it to be $600, with a later re-release.
I am quietly confident they will release it as a one-for-all like the batmobile. But with a premium price.

Still can't believe EX didn't last 24 hours lol. And the Delorean won't be priced less than $699...you're dreaming if you think otherwise. Especially seeing how fast Marty went, HT knows the demand is there. And they'll probably milk two versions of it.

Can totally believe this sold out fast. Kinda knew it would, jumped on that ex right as I saw it.

Back