Marvel Comics makes Thor a thunder goddess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's supposed to be the new Cap above? That's a weird ass mask if so. I'd be totally fine with Sam Wilson inheriting the role. Heck Falcon was Cap's partner for more issues than Bucky. He's earned it. I'd even be fine if that meant Mackie got to don the suit on screen at some point after Evans steps down.

Can't wait for Marvel to turn Tony Stark into a transgender character.

Your forgetting Natasha Stark

https://marvel.wikia.com/Natasha_Stark_(Earth-3490)

Natasha_Stark_%28Earth-3490%29.jpg

IW.jpg

I was tempted a few weeks ago to buy a few Deadpool TPBs, but stuff like this makes me glad that I quit buying comics 3-4 years ago. It feels like DC & Marvel are just ping-ponging the whole 'shock factor, retcon, character death & resurrection, PC social progressivism' stories back and forth instead of focusing good writing. This is seriously a stupid idea and I see a retcon for it before the next Avengers movie.

the House of Ideas went out of the window about 15 years ago

I thought Planet Hulk/World War Hulk, Civil War, and Dark Reign were great. The Iron Fist series that came out in 2007 (?) was pretty good before they cancelled it. The X-Universe has really suffered from garbage storylines which kills me because that is what I grew up on.

To be fair, Marvel's Thor originally wasn't even the god himself. Donald Blake was a crippled physician who only inherited Thor's powers and physique when he touched the hammer (get your head out of the gutter!) Kind of like Captain Marvel/Shazam. It seems like giving a lady Thor's powers is a return to that original concept.

That's supposed to be the new Cap above? That's a weird ass mask if so. I'd be totally fine with Sam Wilson inheriting the role. Heck Falcon was Cap's partner for more issues than Bucky. He's earned it. I'd even be fine if that meant Mackie got to don the suit on screen at some point after Evans steps down.

I wouldn't be shocked if (and this is a big if) this concept turns out to be popular that you wouldn't see Marvel Studios figuring away to have Sam Wilson don the suit within the confines of a Captain America movie. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't write one where Evans, Mackie and Stan were running around as their perspective Caps for some reason.

Can't wait for Marvel to turn Tony Stark into a transgender character.

Apparently according to the solicits Tony gets to move to San Francisco and becomes completely unlikable so he gets off light, for now.

To be fair, Marvel's Thor originally wasn't even the god himself. Donald Blake was a crippled physician who only inherited Thor's powers and physique when he touched the hammer (get your head out of the gutter!) Kind of like Captain Marvel/Shazam. It seems like giving a lady Thor's powers is a return to that original concept.

Maybe although it seems like Man-Thor loses the "worthiness" of being able to be Thor and Thor is needed so the new Lady Thor fills the role. He will still be around trying to atone so it'd be like someone running around as Shazam while Billy is trying to figure out why it won't work for him for a while. They all scream temporary and publicity stunt but let's see how long it lasts.

They should have just made Falcon worthy. Then he can wield Thor's hammer, Cap's shield, and still fly. Maybe all the new powers go to his head and he becomes a prick who takes up shop in San Francisco.

Back