Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's planned, but we'll see
I have no plan on ordering this cap but after watching the movie last weekend I loved it! Sebastian Stan as the winter soldier did a fantastic job. Big bro props after seeing him work on the combat and knife play.

Funny tho, we have 2 thor maquette and 2 captain America but yet no tom hiddleston as loki yet.. Come on sideshow, he's a must buy for me!

I have no plan on ordering this cap but after watching the movie last weekend I loved it! Sebastian Stan as the winter soldier did a fantastic job. Big bro props after seeing him work on the combat and knife play.

Funny tho, we have 2 thor maquette and 2 captain America but yet no tom hiddleston as loki yet.. Come on sideshow, he's a must buy for me!

Your PO list is :panic: You must be loaded mate :)

Maybe he said no

3003771-captain-america-001.jpg

3003771-product-silo.png

THe best part is this line from their pre-order page "With a stunning likeness of award-winning actor Chris Evans, we've captured every aspect of super patriot Steve Rogers as he prepares to battle the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. "

Pretty sure this:3003771-captain-america-001.jpg

doesn't look anywhere stunningly close to this
MV5BMzA2NDkwODAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk5MTgzMTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

If it was just a generic Captain America it actually looks pretty good....

I agree, if this was a generic comic style statue then the portrait would look ok, like something I'd see on a saturday morning avengers cartoon. but given the way they are selling this, a lot of people gonna be pissed.

THe best part is this line from their pre-order page "With a stunning likeness of award-winning actor Chris Evans, we've captured every aspect of super patriot Steve Rogers as he prepares to battle the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. "

Pretty sure this:View attachment 136676

doesn't look anywhere stunningly close to this
View attachment 136677

Yikes! Why does the Gentle Giant version all of a sudden look spectacular now? At least the GG version has a better facial likeness. Even with the mask on. Chris Evans is a lot better looking than that. I don't even think this facial sculpt would be approved by Chris Evans himself.

Damn I wish they made a regular Cap like that. It looks like a "mo-cap of Evans playing Captain Haddock" version Lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

They did not do a particularly good job on the likeness of RDJ for the Iron Man MKXLII either

Whooo boy, this is what they've come up with after all these months? I'm not impressed at all.

I'm glad to finally see some production pics. :D :rock

Despite what is being said about the portrait, this statue is still better than Gentle Giant's offering IMO.

I agree that it is still better than Gentle Giant's offering. Unfortunately that isn't saying much. I'm really quite bummed that SSC thought that this would be an acceptable final offering. On the one hand I still love the pose and as a "generic" TWS Cap it still looks really, really, cool. And I'm probably just a bit of a sucker for "kinda sorta good enough" when it comes to TWS. But I've seen them do very good actor likenesses for some PF's like Keaton Batman and Cavill Superman, even the new Thor is lightyears beyond this. Oh well. For now I'm planning on keeping my order and will just have to appreciate the fact that Hot Toys is at least giving us a "stunning likeness of Chris Evans" on their much smaller action figure.

Back