Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL @ anyone thinking SS can actually do a proper likeness.

Yup. This is their second time and chance to make Chris Evans, Thor, who else. All don't look like the actor or actresses.

I agree that it is still better than Gentle Giant's offering. Unfortunately that isn't saying much. I'm really quite bummed that SSC thought that this would be an acceptable final offering. On the one hand I still love the pose and as a "generic" TWS Cap it still looks really, really, cool. And I'm probably just a bit of a sucker for "kinda sorta good enough" when it comes to TWS. But I've seen them do very good actor likenesses for some PF's like Keaton Batman and Cavill Superman, even the new Thor is lightyears beyond this. Oh well. For now I'm planning on keeping my order and will just have to appreciate the fact that Hot Toys is at least giving us a "stunning likeness of Chris Evans" on their much smaller action figure.

Agreed.

While I'm underwhelmed at the portrait, it's still a badass PF in my eyes and I look forward to adding this statue to my collection. :yess:

Agreed.

While I'm underwhelmed at the portrait, it's still a badass PF in my eyes and I look forward to adding this statue to my collection. :yess:

Ditto. I like the costume and pose. Not a fan of likenesses, if it remains as is Ill buy but if it looks likes Chris in the end Ill cancel.

Its almost like they designed the portrait based on how they imagined Ron Garney might draw Chris Evans.

37732-2400-42300-1-captain-america.jpg

3003771-product-silo.png

Just cancelled. TFA looks way better for me. Base, suit & portrait.
Dynamic pose is the only thing going for this.

Hope everyone keeping gets a nice finished product :wave

Yeah we need to count our blessings that its not an effeminate pose, he looks ready for business and badass. Now who "he" is is of course anyone's guess because it clearly isn't Chris Evans but what can you do. :lol

:lol @ who "he" is :clap

Serioulsy though, I really like it and the likeness isn't all that bad. Like with their new Thor PF, it's not 100% likeness but it's a heck of a lot better than their previous movie PF's imo :) you just have to pretend that the statue is how they looked like in the movies :lol :lol actually looking forward to adding the Cap and Thor :yess:

5a8esany.jpg

Well I think its safe to say that I'll have another Cap PF on my hands that won't increase in value so much I'll have to sell it. :lol

Honestly though since neither sculpt looks accurate I think the unmasked portrait just looks more determined and badass. The action pose suggests that his headgear got torn or pulled off and he's pissed and about to throw down on someone. My TFA PF has the mask on and so will my HT Strike Suit Cap. So for this PF I'm going maskless.

3003771-product-silo.png
300377-product-silo.png

Back