NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca did a great job with the Dawn figures. Got Caesar and noticed he had little holes in the bottom of his feet just begging for a stand of some kind, so I made him one.

14666396091_a6224b909a_c.jpg

14646605246_43b0e36f66_c.jpg

Not only is that stand amazing, that post is equally great. Jay

That stand rocks Matt! :rock

Thanks guys. Glad you guys like it! :D

Very nice stand, where did you get the peg base?

The base itself was just a plain wooden base that I spray painted black. Then, instead of going out and buying clay or some other sculpting material, I ended up making the dirt using some gorilla glue (how appropriate!) since when it dries, it turns white and expands. Before it dried, I threw the moss in there and some gravel/sand stuff that I got at a craft store, and then the pegs which I made by cutting the tips off a couple of plastic brush handles, and let it all set in the glue. After the glue dried enough so that it wasn't sticky, but still a bit pliable, I "sculpted" it a little (basically just poked at it with a stick) to try and give it a more natural dirt/muddy ground look. Finally after it was all dry and hardened, I painted it and krazy glued some twigs on there.

great base!
i saw them at rus but go the neca zilla awhile back now they are sold out, def gotta get a caesar online, looks like a great fig.:clap

btw fellow apes fans a glow in dark tee is up for only $12 here for a limited time- https://www.weeklyshirts.com/

from the slits in her dress/shawl it looks like she might have a cloth dress and be able to sit and pose.

really cannot wait for this line, i pre ordered from 2 different sites incase one messes up.

We are getting very close to having these figures in hand. I saw some weird photos of Dr. Zauis, I hope it is only the camera angle. Also I found this little article regarding the next wave and possible Mego Style for the upcoming con.

https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-making-of-necas-classic-apes-figures/

Thanks for posting that. I haven't bought action figures in quite a while, but am very interested in this line. I already bought Caesar from the new movie.

We're getting George Taylor! But he's in the 8'' retro line. I hope it means we'll get him in the other line, too:
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA23__scaled_600.jpg
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA24__scaled_600.jpg
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA25__scaled_600.jpg
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA26__scaled_600.jpg
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA27__scaled_600.jpg
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA28__scaled_600.jpg
2014_SDCC_Preview_NECA29__scaled_600.jpg

Last edited:
So according to Instagram posts, we are getting this for Series 2 of the Dawn line...

- Regular Caesar
- A Gorilla character
- Regular Koba with a gun

Now, I'm not shocked that NECA would do this, but I have to admit I am disappointed. Like what the hell? TWO repaints/variants in one series? Series 2?! C'mon NECA! I was expecting other big characters like Blue Eyes or Rocket. Not rehashes! What's next, "Battle Damaged Caesar"? Oh well, I will admit that the Koba figure does look bad-ass and I'll probably be picking up the Gorilla figure.

I guess they got the Heston likeness rights...

It looks like a cloth astronaut uniform. Now I'm getting interested in this line...

I guess they got the Heston likeness rights...

It looks like a cloth astronaut uniform. Now I'm getting interested in this line...

:clap Alright Jom.

Very exciting news! Koba looks puny next to Zira. General Ursus looks Awesome!

If they make a standard sculpted 7" Taylor, I'm in.

Until then I'm just watching and enjoying this line from afar.

Wish they made Taylor part of the 7inch figure line. Not much a Mego style fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back