NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange to see this thread see the light of day again. Nice to see people still enjoying the NECA Apes.

Will we see figures from war for the planet of the apes do you think? They haven't done many as it is?

It won't be from NECA. And since the film did lukewarm business in the theaters, I doubt any other company will touch it. We may have to wait until FOX moves forward with another installment of this current timeline or reboot it again altogether.

Last edited:
It won't be from NECA. ANd since the film did luke warm business in the theaters, I doubt any other company will touch it. We may have to wait until FOX moves forward with anothe installment of this current timeline or reboot it again altogether.

I am still surprised the third one did not last long and was not really as big as the first two. Why do you think it tanked ?

I am still surprised the third one did not last long and was not really as big as the first two. Why do you think it tanked ?

It was sandwiched between Spider-Man Homecoming and Dunkirk. Pretty sure those big films all cannibalized each other's box office numbers because they were all released one week after another in July. Had War been released in August, it likely would've performed better. I don't think there was anything big released in August this year.

Just seen the war and again think it was a great film and can easily see another being made as is already on the cards and I certainly hope it happens, surely someone will produce figures of some kind with so many opportunities there??? Still can't understand when these are pretty unique films???

From the advertisements, I don't think War looked different enough from Dawn to get people interested in paying the growing insane prices at the box office to see it. Like many films, people decided early that they were going to wait to see it in the second run houses or on video. Would be interesting to see the revenue from them.

Last edited:
Hi All,

PotA - Gorilla Soldiers 2 in 1 dio.

Recipe

Apes - are from NECA and are 7" scale, I got them into the poses I liked and then glued the joints and puttied them up as well as doing the fur on the heads so that it looked more natural.The figures were painted and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

Bases - are made from the Bandai kits and I used balsa wood for the sides. I used a mix of 40% spakilla and 60% dirt and added it to the base and left it to dry over night. Once dry I drilled holes into the base where the grass was going to be glued, the grass is real grass and I dipped them into some Methylated Spirits and let it dry out for a few hours, once the grass was all dry I then painted them using Vallejo's Medium Olive and the small grass tufts are from a company called miniNatur.

Ron

ebEfjko.jpg

te4mwYd.jpg

rIiduFS.jpg

m4k5RtL.jpg

msrt1Gy.jpg

C4E2EeQ.jpg

3miJHxy.jpg

cnE8UfY.jpg

rAUJ6LF.jpg

u1tdAtR.jpg

Hi All,

Gorilla Soldier.

Recipe

Gorilla Soldier - is from NECA and I glued and covered the joints and then painted and weathered him using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

Base - is foam board and balsa wood and then high density foam was used to add some height and also a little incline to the base. The foilage was done using Woodland Scenics Bushes, Olive Green and the grass tufts are from Army Painter.

Ron

DjvjG3l.jpg

FhlG098.jpg

SnGvCkX.jpg

15xfZ27.jpg

tUrToUk.jpg

6gOrssh.jpg

BTxNL4V.jpg

Hi All,

General Ursus - Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

Recipe

Ursus - is from NECA and his joints have been glued and puttied over and then he was completely repainted with Vallejo Paints and a light weathering using pastel chalks.

Base - is high density foam and the tiled floor was marked out with a ruler and then the underneath of the floor was pulled apart using my fingers.

The columns were made using PVC plumbers pipes and then thin corrugated cardboard was glued and wrapped around them. The base of the column is a piece of balsa wood and the damaged ends of the columns were filled in using spakfilla.

The dirt is a mix of sand 80%, spakfilla 15% and PVA glue 5% and was then mixed all together and then applied to the base. The base was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and pastel chalks.

Ron

1t3Z3v3.jpg

VbCAt8m.jpg

i7jMxo5.jpg

WKF2WDk.jpg

PuMdC4Q.jpg

GPJ4Jc4.jpg

OFaZIp7.jpg

fyoPlS3.jpg

nV2WzeA.jpg

jKAP81T.jpg

Great work Hemble. Enjoyed your work since the Art Asylum board's I believe

Looks great. Nice job with the diorama.

Cheers mate

Amazing stuff!

Geez... I do miss new Ape figures to get excited about.

Thanks heaps mate and I know what you mean, even trying to find some of the older figures like Zira, Cornelius, Ursus, Aldo is getting hard.

Great work Hemble. Enjoyed your work since the Art Asylum board's I believe

Thanks heaps buddy and your right and damn the Asylum days seem like a life time ago.

Ron

Hi All,

POTA - Damn Stinking Humans, 1:10 scale.

Recipe.

Gorilla - is from NECA and I wanted him to have sleeveless arms to show the fur arms like Julius in POTA so I used a pair of Mirror Kirk arms from Art Asylum and cover them and the head in fake fur. Once the fur was glued and dried I then painted and weathered the gorilla with Vallejo Paints. The hose is old computer cable and the nozzle and handle were made using plastic rod and card and the running water was done using Woodland Scenics Water Effects.

Base - is high density foam and the cage was made using plastic rod and strips and the hay is tall grass that you can get from any good railway hobby shop. The flow troughs were done buy cutting the foam using a model knife and the dirty water is Woodland Scenics Realistic Water with a little Vallejo Tan Earth add to give a dirty look to it.

Once the dio was painted and put together I used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and covered the whole base so it gives the feel that the whole area is getting a wash down.

Ron

Attachments

• acc1.JPG
    acc1.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 43
  • acc2.JPG
    acc2.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 43
  • acc3.JPG
    acc3.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 45
  • acc4.JPG
    acc4.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 46
  • acc5.JPG
    acc5.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 44
  • acc6.JPG
    acc6.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 45
  • acc7.JPG
    acc7.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 43
  • acc8.JPG
    acc8.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 44
  • acc9.JPG
    acc9.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 44
  • acc10.JPG
    acc10.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 44
Wow. I love this. How exactly did you apply the hair? And what is it you used? I've seen attempts at adding hair to action figures before, but the results are usually mixed. This guy turned out really well. :)

Looks awesome. Really too bad Julius never got made.

Thanks heaps mate and yeah I totally agree they could have done so much with this line but alas they didn't.

Wow. I love this. How exactly did you apply the hair? And what is it you used? I've seen attempts at adding hair to action figures before, but the results are usually mixed. This guy turned out really well.

Thanks so much and it's just faux fur you can get from any good haberdashery store and all I did was cut the fur off and glued it onto the figure using PVA glue and once dry I painted the fur black as the fur I have is different colour browns.

Ron

Back