NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, are these boxes a new thing? I noticed All these companies are basing their packaging off of Hasbro's Black Series figures. The Gamr of Thrones line did the same thing.

I really dig em.

Monkey Monday.
B1ZEGfE.jpg

Loving the box! Very pumped to get Series 1 in. :clap

Hello everyone, brand new here and I am very very very excited about these new POTA figures (both classic and modern). I now have all 3 of the Dawn figures and I love them all but I'm even more pumped for the Classic Series to be released. NECA is being very hush hush about the next few line-ups. I know Zira are Ursus coming out for S2 and the Mutant Leader has been said by NECA to be coming around S4 or S5.

So what characters are you all thinking we will be seeing int he next few waves? My thoughts are...

CLASSIC
- Taylor ("Bright Eyes" outfit)
- Nova
- Brent
- Classic Caesar (in prisoner outfit)
- Aldo

MODERN
- Rocket
- Cornelia
- River
- A Gorilla
- Malcom
- Dreyfus
- Ellie
- Alexander

Finally got a "Maurice" so now I've got all three of the "Dawn" figures. The only one I've opened so far is Caesar...really well done. poses and stands well.

The only thing with Kobe is....where are those Uzi's? No gun accessories with these apes?

And finally...REALLY like that packaging for Cornelius! Very classy...

Here's a couple shots of Caesar in the wild...

NECA does a good job....

Last edited:
Awesome pics! No denying those figures are great. I can't wait to get the classic ones, though.

Yes, those "classics" look real good...I know Zaius, Cornelius and a Gorilla Soldier are a given....sure hope they produce a "General Ursus", a classic (McDowell) Caesar and a General Aldo too....

Hey all! I got a review up on the king himself. Caesar! I hope to take some pics of him this week in anticipation of the film opening this weekend. Enjoy!

Ryan

Yes, those "classics" look real good...I know Zaius, Cornelius and a Gorilla Soldier are a given....sure hope they produce a "General Ursus", a classic (McDowell) Caesar and a General Aldo too....

Ursula is in series 2. They've shown his proto on Twitter some time back.

Ursula is in series 2. They've shown his proto on Twitter some time back.

I'm pretty sure Ursula is Disney. :lol

Yes General Ursus has had a sneak peak revealed but as another member has posted, Neca sure has been quiet regarding upcoming figures or waves.

I'm pretty sure Ursula is Disney. :lol

Yes General Ursus has had a sneak peak revealed but as another member has posted, Neca sure has been quiet regarding upcoming figures or waves.

And every time they go quiet, I wonder if they're going under... :panic:

ApeManRyan, thanks for the video review.

Neca is having a good year, all the reviews I have read are positive. I hope they pour some of their profit into this line. I truly hope we get a horse or two.:pray: I saw pictures of Neca's horses for the Lone Ranger line and they looked great but due to such poor sales they were never released. Maybe we'll get them.:monkey3

Also, the gorilla 2pack should be ready. I hope we get some pictures of Zira soon, I would love to see how she is expected to look.

This line needs Taylor to truly blow it up.

Last edited:
I really liked Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so might get the NECA figures. Big Bad Toy Store is sold out of Caesar though and Maurice isn't even listed. Too bad Hot Toys or some company wouldn't do 1/6th versions of the new characters. I guess it might be too hard making a figure with all real fur though.

Toysrus.com still has all three Dawn figures and free shipping on orders of $50 or more (which all three would give you). Having seen the film today too, I had to grab the figures. Best film of the year so far! Seriously!

I really liked Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so might get the NECA figures. Big Bad Toy Store is sold out of Caesar though and Maurice isn't even listed. Too bad Hot Toys or some company wouldn't do 1/6th versions of the new characters. I guess it might be too hard making a figure with all real fur though.

I've thought about the same thing! A Hot Toys flocked Caesar would probably be one of the best things ever!

Considering neither HT or SS has figured out how to make a Chewbacca yet, I don't think we'll be seeing Apes anytime either. Plus they aren't Marvel, so even if they did pick up the license, they'd never make them :lol

Loved the film myself. An eBay seller has him on sale and with priority shipping, I couldn't pass him up. Agree it would be cool to see these done in 1/6 high end.

Back