Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The demand curve doesn't work for most modern retail business and Hot Toys doesn't need supply constraints to set nor maintain their pricing. Hot toys pricing is predicated on their quality and brand primarily.

Limiting supply to a fixed number of units, versus constraining and controlling supply on an ongoing basis to affect price, is generally a bad business practice - I can't imagine anyone being taught otherwise in any school. Hot toys has no more units to sell, yet there are plenty more buyers. This is called leaving money on the table.

Limiting supply to a fixed number of units, versus constraining and controlling supply on an ongoing basis to affect price, is generally a bad business practice - I can't imagine anyone being taught otherwise in any school. Hot toys has no more units to sell, yet there are plenty more buyers. This is called leaving money on the table.

Bingo.

Anyone know when the next release is?

Does anyone know some sort of basic measurements for a average HT true type body? Preferably, a narrow?
I know there's all kinds of bodies but I just need the basic, average measurement.

Chest:
Shoulder:
Length of Arms

Would really appreciate it.

I remember when this thread used to get daily updates… I can't imagine Hot Toys have any basic bodies for 2014 - it's already too late to both announce and release. Maybe in 2015, but maybe we've seen the end of basic bodies as there are now so many knock-offs.

I'm not a fan of the knock offs, I'll take a quality truetype over them every time, hopefully a new batch is in development.

Does anyone know what body would be the best for a Captain America Steve Rogers in Leather Jacket, Shirt and Jeans? TTM 20 or TTM 21? I just don't want to buy a body, then buy an outfit and then the outfit not fit. But I also want to get the buff look of Chris Evans. Any help I would appreciate it, thanks!

Does anyone know what body would be the best for a Captain America Steve Rogers in Leather Jacket, Shirt and Jeans? TTM 20 or TTM 21? I just don't want to buy a body, then buy an outfit and then the outfit not fit. But I also want to get the buff look of Chris Evans. Any help I would appreciate it, thanks!

I used a TTM19 for mine. It's bulky without being too big. Pics below(Sorry, my collection is on a shelf at work right now, so the pics below are from my archive, and all the pics i have of him are standing with other figures). When i get my new display cabinet built, i will have my collection home again and can take more pics.

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

null_zps80ee8887.jpg

5C193F9B-CD89-49CD-BFDD-59896C31BE44.jpg

wow thanks for all the pics and showing off your collection! Quite impressive! Yes the TTM 19 would be ideal but it seems to be an a crazy amount of money on eBay close to $150.00 or more from what I saw. In your opinion then would the TTM 21 be a close compromise if it can be found? Thanks!

wow thanks for all the pics and showing off your collection! Quite impressive! Yes the TTM 19 would be ideal but it seems to be an a crazy amount of money on eBay close to $150.00 or more from what I saw. In your opinion then would the TTM 21 be a close compromise if it can be found? Thanks!

Yeah, sorry, i should have said. 21 will be best out of the two you mentioned. But if you are going with a shirt and a leather jacket, just get this one if you want an attached neck:

Custom Narrow Shoulder Body with Neck 1 6 for Hot Toys Head Sculpt TTM21 | eBay

Or this one if you want to a separate neck:

1 6 Scale Male Body Series w Highly Cost Effective Edge MX02 A Caucasian Skin | eBay

Once you have a t shirt, and a shirt, and a leather jacket on the body, the lack of bulk won't show.

Cool thanks! Yeah I might go that route just considering the price is so much less than the HT replacements. The whole reason I am considering this kitbash is because I ended up buying a nice head sculpt from One Sixth Kit for the upcoming STRIKE Suit Cap without know that the final product had an attached head. So now I have a head that won't work properly with that. Do you happen to know if you can attach a head without a molded on neck to a body that has no neck with a neck adapter plug. I linked the head I bought with the neck adapter that's for sale.

Custom 1 6 Scale Chris Evan 2 0 Head Sculpt for Hot Toys Figure Body | eBay

^Head Sculpt I bought

1 6 Scale Hot Toys True Type Figure Neck Joint Free Shipping w Tracking No | eBay

^Compatible Neck Peg

Cool thanks! Yeah I might go that route just considering the price is so much less than the HT replacements. The whole reason I am considering this kitbash is because I ended up buying a nice head sculpt from One Sixth Kit for the upcoming STRIKE Suit Cap without know that the final product had an attached head. So now I have a head that won't work properly with that. Do you happen to know if you can attach a head without a molded on neck to a body that has no neck with a neck adapter plug. I linked the head I bought with the neck adapter that's for sale.

Custom 1 6 Scale Chris Evan 2 0 Head Sculpt for Hot Toys Figure Body | eBay

^Head Sculpt I bought

1 6 Scale Hot Toys True Type Figure Neck Joint Free Shipping w Tracking No | eBay

^Compatible Neck Peg

That neck *should work fine. In case it turns out not to be long enough, you might need to track down an Avengers/TFA/Rescue Cap/TDW Loki neck. It's about a quarter longer than the neck you linked to, a little thicker, and works well with almost any headsculpt. But only worry about it if the neck looks too small when it's attached.

Hot Toys The First Avenger Captain America Rescue Uniform Ver Figure 1 6 Neck | eBay

Hot Toys The Avengers Captain America Figure 1 6 Neck Post | eBay

I used a TTM19 for mine. It's bulky without being too big. Pics below(Sorry, my collection is on a shelf at work right now, so the pics below are from my archive, and all the pics i have of him are standing with other figures). When i get my new display cabinet built, i will have my collection home again and can take more pics.

IMG_5658.jpg

Sorry, can help me? What body you used for the Loki in Midgard (earth) suit? I can not find a suitable body so that it was not great for him in the shoulder.
-61022619_327391660.jpg
Can I use this body?
New Custom 1 6 Scale Narrow Shoulder Body V4 for Hot Toys Muscular Club TTM21 | eBay
Or is it?
Hot Figure 1 6 Scale Action Figure Bodies Three Kinds of Color of Skin Platform | eBay

Or they do not fit?:panic: :confused:

Sorry, can help me? What body you used for the Loki in Midgard (earth) suit? I can not find a suitable body so that it was not great for him in the shoulder.
View attachment 157441
Can I use this body?
******** New Custom 1 6 Scale Narrow Shoulder Body V4 for Hot Toys Muscular Club TTM21 | eBay ********
Or is it?
Hot Figure 1 6 Scale Action Figure Bodies Three Kinds of Color of Skin Platform | eBay

Or they do not fit?:panic: :confused:

The first one is the one i used.
I bought a stack of those for customs.
Although the body doesn't look all that bulky, once you add a shirt, the waistcoat, jacket and overcoat, the original thin stature of the figure is gone. If you take a body too large and start adding layers, it will look like He-Man is under the suit.

On TTM19 he looks in it as an inflatable balloon ((Seller advised to take the body "HOT FIGURE 1/6 scale action figure bodies Narrow Shoulders." I'll buy it and check))
Question rented))

Back