Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just shave Big Boss's head already, you know you want to.

BtbWJ11CAAEDZ4d.jpg

https://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-s...troversy-was-told-hayter-is-still-solid-snake

Ever since it was announced that David Hayter won’t be reprising his role as Big Boss/Snake in Metal Gear Solid 5, there has been a feeling that this is yet another classical ruse by Hideo Kojima. Fans believe that there will be a time jump in The Phantom Pain and Hayter will return as Solid Snake.
Hayter has denied any sort of involvement with the game on multiple occasions but according to information revealed to Raiden’s VO Quinton Flynn, Hayter is still Solid Snake. “More information has been revealed to me. I did not understand it in the beginning, I thought that Kiefer will be replacing David as [Solid] Snake which is not true but as Big Boss and then I was perplexed about the whole thing. Later it was explained to me that Kiefer will be replacing him as Big Boss and David will still be [Solid] Snake,” he said in an interview with AfterBuzz TV.
“I don’t really know what to feel about it. I saw an interview with David and he said he loved what Kiefer did, so if he is okay with it then I guess am okay with it. When I got this petition online from fans, I said David is not only a friend but he is an incredible [guy] and I would lobby to petition to keep his job. You know as well as I do, that there must be more to the story that none of us really know. There is management, there is agents, there is money…so who knows what it comes down to.”
Calling it now, are you guys ready for Kojima’s classical ruse cruise?

Read more at https://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-s...yter-is-still-solid-snake#MRiW50h1vwYzXRyq.99

Quinton Flynn is out of the loop on the joke, hence he was the only MGS actor to call out Konami on the role replacement. Even Hayter's bff Christopher Randolph kept quite because he knows what's going on. And Tara Strong too.

I was thinking that myself, it's glaringly clear how everybody wants "dark&gritty" these days, so playing that angle is actually a clever marketing strategy to turn some extra heads to MGSV.

I thought everybody wanted "britecolourz&humourz". :dunno

@Sachiel People don't know what they want! Do you really want those kind of people to make the decisions in this world? Come join the Patriots!

David Hayter need to be Solid Snake. His performance was okay as Big Boss, it's just I don't think they should have had the same voice actor, and it drives me crazy that they had the same voice! Still absolutely love Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3 to death. I think Snake's story ended perfectly in MGS4, so I have to disagree with those wanting it to be redone. I think it's incredible, and I am blown away how Kojima was able to bring together all that wackiness from the previous games, and make it pretty cohesive.

Is what's going on in MGS V contradicting what we learned about Big Boss' journey to villainy in MGS4?

@FSLAR If you come on this board, I have to take back what I said on the collectibles board. I really liked the sillier elements of MGS4. They provided some great levity.

I've been replaying MGS2 and that game had some pretty damn childish crap going on in it too. Fatman skating around drinking is up there with the most ridiculous stuff to happen in the series, throw in a bisexual Vampire and and the whole Octacon family subplot, and you have one of the weirdest games of all time. It was as if Kojima was tapping into his inner Tim Burton when making MGS2. Overall the game is great, and I commend Kojima in what he was trying to convey to us gamers at the times, but the execution could have been better.

Unlike the story and themes though MGS2's characters and gameplay were pretty straightforward and the boss' and the boss battles are the worst in the series (not counting Peace Walker). Raiden vs Solidus lacked any sort of creativity.

From a gameplay perspective, MGS4 is better in everyway, the controls were tighter, most of the boss battles were epic and actually felt like Kojima put some thought into them, and you're actually playing as Snake the whole game, which made for a much more fun experience.

Still though, nothing in MGS2 is as cringeworthy as the Pirates of the Caribbean rip off proposal scene, and pretty much every scene with Akiba. Also Drebin's damn soda drinking Monkey was annoying as hell would have loved to kill him in a boss battle.

MGS2 is definitely better written and the themes and subplots are truly unique and is what really sets it apart from almost any other game I’ve ever played, MGS4 has the better gameplay, main character, and it's also one of the best directed games I've ever played in my life.

I thought everybody wanted “britecolourz&humourz". :dunno

:lecture :goodpost:

Last edited:
Bane what comment of mine are you referring too...?

Also Otacon's family sub plot was only weird in regards to his step-mother because it's never explained why she seduced him. And it is weirder now knowing about his father in PW :lol

Bane what comment of mine are you referring too...?

Also Otacon's family sub plot was only weird in regards to his step-mother because it's never explained why she seduced him. And it is weirder now knowing about his father in PW :lol

Personally I felt the whole “complicated” sister relationship thing was out of place. I expected his father to show up sooner or later after briefly learning about him in Snake Eater. Kojima really loves adding family drama into all these games :lol

@FSLAR I said something about MGS being really ridiculous, and you asked what I thought about the silliness of the games post MGS4. I said I didn't care for any of it after MGS3.

There's a lot of childish stuff throughout the series, but maybe it helps it from being too pretentious? I'm not sure how much of it is deliberate.

The monkey, Mei Ling, the romantic shootout between Meryl and Johnny, Naomi's periodic table recital were the only things that I can think of that bugged me "silliness-wise" from MGS4. I agree with a lot of the ridiculousness of MGS2, but for me some of the most cringe-worthy parts were the radio chats between Raiden and Rose. Uggghhh.....

I like MGS4 gameplay over MGS2. MGS3 vs MGS4 gameplay? Now that's a tighter match but they're different enough for me to not worry about that.

MGS1, that's classic I won't touch that.

Btw Burton Kojima :lol that was a good way to describe it.

I've been replaying MGS2 and that game had some pretty damn childish crap going on in it too. Fatman skating around drinking is up there with the most ridiculous stuff to happen in the series, throw in a bisexual Vampire and and the whole Octacon family subplot, and you have one of the weirdest games of all time. It was as if Kojima was tapping into his inner Tim Burton when making MGS2. Overall the game is great, and I commend Kojima in what he was trying to convey to us gamers at the times, but the execution could have been better.

Unlike the story and themes though MGS2's characters and gameplay were pretty straightforward and the boss' and the boss battles are the worst in the series (not counting Peace Walker). Raiden vs Solidus lacked any sort of creativity.

From a gameplay perspective, MGS4 is better in everyway, the controls were tighter, most of the boss battles were epic and actually felt like Kojima put some thought into them, and you're actually playing as Snake the whole game, which made for a much more fun experience.

Still though, nothing in MGS2 is as cringeworthy as the Pirates of the Caribbean rip off proposal scene, and pretty much every scene with Akiba. Also Drebin's damn soda drinking Monkey was annoying as hell would have loved to kill him in a boss battle.

MGS2 is definitely better written and the themes and subplots are truly unique and is what really sets it apart from almost any other game I’ve ever played, MGS4 has the better gameplay, main character, and it's also one of the best directed games I've ever played in my life.

:lecture :goodpost:

Awesome post!

@Gaspar It's tough, because I love MGS3 with all my heart, but I think MGS4 is better. They really cleaned it up and expanded upon it.

https://www.computerandvideogames.c...r-solid-5-details-to-be-revealed-at-gamescom/

Konami's Gamescom line-up will be headlined by Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and PES 2015.

The publisher said today that both titles will be on show at its Gamescom stand "and will perfectly demonstrate the versatility and power of Kojima Productions' Fox Engine, whilst delivering a new experience in visual quality and the power of the new wave of console systems".

Konami plans to "present new details" about The Phantom Pain, which is scheduled for release on PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. It's expected to launch in 2015. A 30-minute Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain gameplay demo was released in June.

I might skip out on watching anymore gameplay or trailers, but hopefully we get a release date.

Anybody know when Gamescom is?

@FSLAR I said something about MGS being really ridiculous, and you asked what I thought about the silliness of the games post MGS4. I said I didn't care for any of it after MGS3.

There's a lot of childish stuff throughout the series, but maybe it helps it from being too pretentious? I'm not sure how much of it is deliberate.

The monkey, Mei Ling, the romantic shootout between Meryl and Johnny, Naomi's periodic table recital were the only things that I can think of that bugged me "silliness-wise" from MGS4. I agree with a lot of the ridiculousness of MGS2, but for me some of the most cringe-worthy parts were the radio chats between Raiden and Rose. Uggghhh.....

What about nano-machines as the one-all explanation for all of the mysteries in the series? :lol

Oh that right :lol I think we can agree with Bane that near everything with Rose in MGS 2 was awful. Gah.
What about nano-machines as the one-all explanation for all of the mysteries in the series? :lol
Nano-machines, son :lecture

Back