Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he wore a suit because that's his thing :lol That's why they call him shredder. I don't think he was just waiting, his foot clan was doing stuff in the meantime, right? What were they doing in the beginning? Stealing something? I guess that's what Shredder was doing :lol
Stealing chemicals I'm assuming so Sacks could try to recreate the mutagen. He's persistent that Sack/Shredder. After 15 years you think he's find another angle. lol

And re: spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler Spoiler:

*spoiler spoiler* (don't read if you haven't seen the film)**

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just came back from a second viewing in a packed theater and enjoyed it even better the second time. It is like a Fun ride. :)

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie 2014 ... Good or Bad

ok so i am a HUGE tmnt fan. Been a fan since i was like 3 years old ( 1989) and like most fans i have been Dying to have a new turtle movie come out. now like most fans COMPLETELY against Michael bay doing the movie but after i found out that they Scrapped the Alien turtle plot i was optimistic that Maybe < just maybe it would still be a good movie. i mean anything turtles is hard to mess up. ninja mutants is always a good recipe lol. plus im big on second chances and i was hoping bay learned from his mistakes with the transformers series but i was dead wrong.

my first hint should have been the 6 foot sterioded out turtles from the trailers. the second thing that should have convinced me is that it didnt follow suit on what made the original 2 movies great. now for the very first 2 movies, the studious kept everything under wraps, no images of turtles what so ever in the trailers. you finally got to see them 2-5 min into the movies as they all jump onto screen. and both movies were great. not saying thats all that made them great but the 3rd movie didnt do the same thing and we all know how that ended up.

So anyway besides all this crap about beef cake turtles who are way to big to be stealthy ninjas, bay as director and all the action scenes being shown on every trailer , i hoped that there would be some substance left. i was wrong. i can honestly say if i was my 3-5 yr old self now and i just saw bays tmnt movie i would NOT be a turtle fan. and thats saying a a lot. i think it is so messed up that the studio went with bay, i mean i know its always about the money but i wish just once it would be for the fans. since we are the money anyway ya kno.

the entire movie was stupid idea after stupid idea. the casting was atrocious. johnny Knoxville as Leonardo? who was smoking meth when that decision was made. and then they chose another actor to play the voice of splinter, now do not take what i am about to say are a racist remark. it is in no way about that but they cast the guy from psych to play splinter. a little soft spoken Jewish guy. now hes a good actor non the less but how does he in any form say splinter? a Asian rat martial art master. omg huge mistake. and as for the other voices and actual actors i don't want to waste any more time on them except to say. bay must be boning fox, because she dam sure wasn't chosen because of here acting skills. key in point. in the first movie the woman playing April acted during a scene when the turtles made a comment on how good looking she was or something along that line, and she acted like she was blushing and smiled well. but fox had the same scene at the end of the movie and she looked like she was trying out for hot re-tarted princess or something.

any way i am Horribly disappointed and i don't think i will ever get to see the turtles return to their big screen glory.ill have to settle for a small time theater playing old movies and hoping one of the films is of the original 2.

oh an we never get to see mickey use his chucks. small tid bit clips. ugh so pissed.

anyway let me know if im alone on this or if there is anyone out there who actually liked the film. im going to go see Hercules now so i can at least get my faith in movies again because yet another bay movie has completely made me sick of all big studios!

As opposed to the foot clan poisoning the youth of America by having them stay up past their bedtimes, lie, cheat, and disobey their parents. Ooooo scary.

They were big on heists and assault. Hence the montage of robberies near the beginning, knocking April out, and nearly killing Raphael. Fairly standard bad guy stuff, although if you wanted to get into drugs that might have boosted it to a PG-13 rating.

Ok I'll be as specific as possible

The turtles in this movie were believable as teenagers because they personified youth. They are arrogant, naive, curious, blissfully unaware of the evils of the world but they still have each other's back. The original was a lame one liner pizza commercial and I hated them all. There was no character development. Bay's Turtles are clearly distinguished their personalities came off better in this film.

Because we all know teenagers normally hate pizza! Raph and Leo had the majority of development, but it was there.

The plot was not convoluted it's actually simple and more realistic in today's era. Biological warfare and the love of money. It makes more sense than having a children of the corn scenario in the most populated city in the country.

That's a theme but as far as that children of the corn thing goes, that's lock step with the original comics. So if got you correctly, you like this origin more than the original concept.

I liked the epiphany Raphael has towards the end, Michaelango is funny in this and not a one liner ****** bag,Donatello is insecure yet smart, Leonardo is diplomatic but also a strong leader

Looks like these guys have a similar arc to them. Donatello's and Michaelangelo's personalities remain fairly static leaving all of the character development with Raphael and Leonardo. The original did use Don and Mike for the majority of the laughs. Of course there was the Domino's Pizza thing, but they weren't afraid to joke around about old moldy pizza for comedic effect either.

That's kind of **** up...I'll give you that. But at least he's cute and he actually sounds Japanese. The new Splinter looks disgusting...seriously. And why the **** does he wear a Japanese costume, hair style and mustache, when he isn't even Japanese, he's just some NY rat? He's like Steven Seagal :lol

So no Hamato Yoshi or Oroku Saki? How do they even train to become martial artists?

Re: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie 2014 ... Good or Bad

Hey, thanks for sharing your opinion. I've heard so many more similar reviews, that I think I will wait until RedBox for this one. Saying this breaks my heart as I have been a turtle fan since I was kid, but I'd rather go see Guardians again rather than take the gamble. I adore the first two films and think I might just watch them on blu ray tomorrow.

On another note, I personally don't think Michael Bay deserves the blame entirely for this one. He was the money, yes, but not the director. I don't particularly like the Transformers movies, but Bay has made enough other films that I very much like to earn a little loyalty from me. The film "The Rock" buys him most of it. :)

Oh, and Tony Shalhoub isn't Jewish. He's Lebanese-American. Thanks, again and I hope you enjoy Hercules more! Peace.

Re: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie 2014 ... Good or Bad

Gotta disagree. I thought the movie was fun.

Very different take on the Turtle look but the antics, the fight sequencing, the jokes and the Pizzzza was all there.

If you just wanted a rehash of the '90s flick, I do agree you should just check out the blurays

Saw this last night. It's really bad, awful in fact. It's just wrong in every way, it's not Turtles at all. The 90's movie is 100 times better. I'm sad at how bad this movie is.

I'm sorry for your sadness. It is Turtles. You still have your 90s movie in the $5 bins at Walmart. ;)

Saw this last night. It's really bad, awful in fact. It's just wrong in every way, it's not Turtles at all. The 90's movie is 100 times better. I'm sad at how bad this movie is.

I pretty much loved the movie. Just being open minded when watched it. I know there are some faults but i'm still thrilled that watching it was like being a kid at heart again. I know nothing compare the 90's movie. But as time passes by, the target are the new generation. My nephew loved it and just seeing him smile and laugh while watching the movie is just worth it.

saw this tonight, highly disappointed by it. It's very empty and soulless with very little redeeming qualities to it. I'm actually shocked at how horribly interrupted splinter was. He was ugly, borderline abusive and the extending tail wasn't cool. Mikey was to perverted for my taste and the turtles themselves didn't get alot of time outside of the action scenes which really killed any link I wanted to draw to them. Shredder was weak and you could tell the original cut of the film Sacs was shredder before the reshoots which I feel is part of the problem with the character, Saki felt tacked on, not organic to the original film. This gets filed into the will not watch again category. I came home and actually watched a few of the Nick toon eps to wash the bad taste out of my mouth from the film, just disappointing.

I am sorry you were highly disappointed. So you came home and turned on some cartoons you say?
Gotta love those Toons :)

saw this tonight, highly disappointed by it. It's very empty and soulless with very little redeeming qualities to it. I'm actually shocked at how horribly interrupted splinter was. He was ugly, borderline abusive and the extending tail wasn't cool. Mikey was to perverted for my taste and the turtles themselves didn't get alot of time outside of the action scenes which really killed any link I wanted to draw to them. Shredder was weak and you could tell the original cut of the film Sacs was shredder before the reshoots which I feel is part of the problem with the character, Saki felt tacked on, not organic to the original film. This gets filed into the will not watch again category. I came home and actually watched a few of the Nick toon eps to wash the bad taste out of my mouth from the film, just disappointing.

Back