Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from watching this and I'd give it a solid 7/10. I'm a pretty big fan and the 1st film is definitely still in my heart, but I thought they did the turtles justice in this movie, and Shredder was pretty bad ass. They could've made him into more of a bad ass if he fought the turtles with his bare hands but the fact that they are so big and strong themselves I guess it made it a smidgen more believable he would be able to fight them on a more equal physical level with that amplified suit. Megan Fox was fine with the limited material she was given but her co-worker friend annoyed me like hell. If you're a turtles fan and just watch it because you love TMNT I think you'll definitely enjoy this :rock2

Oh I've watched it enough times to know that she was about as attractive as those turtles. LOL I mean...if you like women that look like Conan O' brien in drag...

11313085_gal.jpg

Nothing against her personally but yeah, she was annoying as **** in that first and only Turtles movie.

Didn't they replace her for the sequels?

The lengths that brand loyalty will push people to say. I'm just not sure if your brand is Bay or TMNT! Fox looks like a typical Hollywood augmentation, the turtles look about as real as Roger Rabbit did almost 30 years ago, and the action sequences look like GI Joe/Transformers on a shortbus. The plot is always the weakest link for these things because they're practically a spoof already.

However, when you guys get the time, explain to me how much better this plot is from the original. As convoluted as you say the original was (which it is because... Ninja Turtles), what kind of lame segue do we get from fighting in the streets/sewers/apartments of New York to some weird ass ski slope Humvee chase scene with rocket skateboards? Spoiler away because I'm never going to watch it! :rotfl

Where is that guy?!

I walked into this with low expectations, I didn't assume much more than what it was meant to be. It's a cheap entertaining escapism. I thought the dialogue involving the turtles was pretty clever. They ACTUALLY act like teenagers.

Why the hell was Raphael all emo in the original movie? God... they all were annoying as ****.

Not cute.

I walked into this with low expectations, I didn't assume much more than what it was meant to be. It's a cheap entertaining escapism. I thought the dialogue involving the turtles was pretty clever. They ACTUALLY act like teenagers.

Why the hell was Raphael all emo in the original movie? God... they all were annoying as ****.

Not cute.

So it was the characterizations that you really had a problem with.

I fell in love with the cartoon but kids aren't dumb, those live action movies insulted the intelligence of youth. If I had kids today I'd prefer they watch the early cartoon and this new film so that they aren't tainted by the hot mess this franchise has become. TMNT I respect, but its lost its flair IMO. It's hard to describe. The first 20mins of watching this new movie I thought it was gonna suck, by the end of it my friends and I were all geeking out. It was refreshing and cool IMO.

I fell in love with the cartoon but kids aren't dumb, those live action movies insulted the intelligence of youth. If I had kids today I'd prefer they watch the early cartoon and this new film so that they aren't tainted by the hot mess this franchise has become. TMNT I respect, but its lost its flair IMO. It's hard to describe. The first 20mins of watching this new movie I thought it was gonna suck, by the end of it my friends and I were all geeking out. It was refreshing and cool IMO.

How exactly did the 1990 movie insult your intelligence if the comic book, cartoon and overall concept didn't?

Bad acting bad plot bad script bad hair

I don't remember the cartoon being so cheesy. There's a point in the movie where it becomes a love story

I hated the dialogue in the movie. I just watched it the other night, I remember feeling like someone just punched me in the stomach after watching the original. Maybe because the anticipation was so high and it ended up being a 2 hr toy commercial.

How exactly did the 1990 movie insult your intelligence if the comic book, cartoon and overall concept didn't?

The 1990 film is more faithful to the comics and the 80's cartoon than the new version. Aside from some cool action scenes and the turtles personality, this film is complete trash. Not only is the origin cliche , Shredder is some generic villain in a robot suit, and the fact that he has no relation to splinter, it makes him even more irrelevant :lol The turtle design still sucks too. The 1990 film might not be perfect, but it is by far the best film adaptation of the TMNT.

shredder in this was bad ass, he actually seemed like a legitimate threat and fear for the Turtles. The villain in the others were laughable at best.

Bad acting bad plot bad script bad hair

I don't remember the cartoon being so cheesy. There's a point in the movie where it becomes a love story

So it was too cheesy because of the romantic theme? Bad hair? Is most of your dislike for this film based off April?

I hated the dialogue in the movie. I just watched it the other night, I remember feeling like someone just punched me in the stomach after watching the original. Maybe because the anticipation was so high and it ended up being a 2 hr toy commercial.

How is the original a toy commercial and the Bay movie not?

Be as specific as you can, what didn't you like about the plot, acting, dialogue as compared to the new one?

For example, how did the 90 turtles fail to be teenagers and how did the Bay turtles succeed in that area?

Back