Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shredder in this was bad ass, he actually seemed like a legitimate threat and fear for the Turtles. The villain in the others were laughable at best.

Did the Bay footsoldiers beat one of the turtles into a near coma? The 1990 movie built up Shredder to the point that they couldn't defeat him without tricking him off the roof. Admittedly that was lame, but he was not overcome by their fighting skills.

It's funny cause it's true

5113778_gal.jpg
Untitled_zps7ef72808.png

She was pretty enough for Casey Jones, that's good enough for me :lol

Did the Bay footsoldiers beat one of the turtles into a near coma? The 1990 movie built up Shredder to the point that they couldn't defeat him without tricking him off the roof. Admittedly that was lame, but he was not overcome by their fighting skills.

:goodpost: Not to mention the Bay Turtles had the same plot and ending from the Amazing Spiderman with the tower falling and the gas contaminating the city :lol

Well, now that sounds like totally the opposite of convoluted! :wacky

Hey look! It's a chick that hasn't posed nude to advance her career... she must be a man! :horror :panic:

As opposed to the foot clan poisoning the youth of America by having them stay up past their bedtimes, lie, cheat, and disobey their parents. Ooooo scary.

As opposed to the foot clan poisoning the youth of America by having them stay up past their bedtimes, lie, cheat, and disobey their parents. Ooooo scary.

Children are the future, man :lol Besides, isn't that what gangs do? Or those warlords in Africa...taking the kids like in Blood Diamond (film) ? That's still better than, lets poison the people of New York so that we can cure them and then be rich...even though we are already super rich...what? :lol

Ok I'll be as specific as possible

The turtles in this movie were believable as teenagers because they personified youth. They are arrogant, naive, curious, blissfully unaware of the evils of the world but they still have each other's back. The original was a lame one liner pizza commercial and I hated them all. There was no character development. Bay's Turtles are clearly distinguished their personalities came off better in this film.

The plot was not convoluted it's actually simple and more realistic in today's era. Biological warfare and the love of money. It makes more sense than having a children of the corn scenario in the most populated city in the country.

I liked the epiphany Raphael has towards the end, Michaelango is funny in this and not a one liner ****** bag,Donatello is insecure yet smart, Leonardo is diplomatic but also a strong leader

Splinter doesnt say stupid **** like "I made a funny, hahahahaha"

Splinter doesnt say stupid **** like "I made a funny, hahahahaha"

That's kind of **** up...I'll give you that. But at least he's cute and he actually sounds Japanese. The new Splinter looks disgusting...seriously. And why the **** does he wear a Japanese costume, hair style and mustache, when he isn't even Japanese, he's just some NY rat? He's like Steven Seagal :lol

All I know is I'm buying this on Bluray and I had a blast watching this with my friends last night.

how did Megan Fox's thumbs come across in this film. did they need any hand doubles?

Just got back from seeing the Turtles movie! I was more entertained than I thought I was going to be, nothing amazing but perfect for a summer popcorn flick.

Few things I didn't really like:
1) Shredder's armor. No real reason to have robotic upgrades.
2) No Casey Jones...

Other than that, not upset at all. I'll probably buy the blu-ray which is more I can say for the Transformer movies...

Just got back from seeing the Turtles movie! I was more entertained than I thought I was going to be, nothing amazing but perfect for a summer popcorn flick.

Few things I didn't really like:
1) Shredder's armor. No real reason to have robotic upgrades.
2) No Casey Jones...

Other than that, not upset at all. I'll probably buy the blu-ray which is more I can say for the Transformer movies...

I agree, except about Shredder not needing the robotic armor. Even though I'm not a fan of it, he needed it because the new turtles look are as big and strong as hulk :lol

So I saw this a little earlier today and I will be the first to admit that it wasn't perfect. Far from it. It was not the deep, dark and gritty reboot I know a lot of you guys wanted. I hope that one day we get that version. I truly do. That said...

I sincerely had a blast. This was in the 'fun' category of movies. It moves quickly, the plot is very straight forward. No twists, no turns, very few questions are asked. Yes there are dumb moments. Yes there are plot holes (though only one bugged me). But it's nowhere near the mess the critics are making it out to be.

FX were very solid with very few weak spots. I didn't really like Splinter...he was kind of a **** to be honest. LOVED his fight scene though. They brought something new that I wasn't expecting.

Shredder...was alright. I agree that it was wrong they cut the origin ties. That was missed for sure. His fight scenes were brutal, and the mech suit is glossed over. Not sure what he needed it for before the Turtles came along... Seems like it was just there already. Again...there are a few plot holes.

It wasn't the hack job I was expecting. I think there's definite room for expansion with Shredder in terms of WHO he is, as that's also glossed over. I'm hoping they find a way to retcon Splinters origins and tie them back to each other somehow.

The Turtles.... awesome.

I loved Mikey. I didn't find him creepy at all. He came off as the over-confident teenager type, which I think is what they were going for. Needed more 'chuck scenes though. Even just one bad-ass standout nunchuck moment would have been nice.

Raph was pretty much the Turtle Hulk you guys were anticipating. I don't recall him actually using his Sai's for anything purposeful. He has some cool moments, but he's no Ninja. His speech at the end does come up a little flat as it's a case of 'told not shown' (also one of my knocks on GoTG) but the performance won me over. After watching Alan Ritchson on BMS over the last few weeks on Netflix I gotta give him Props. He's more than just Angry Stifler in this. ;)

Leo was handled pretty well. Knoxville did an alright job. After his first few lines I stopped picturing him and saw just Leo instead. He actually used his Katana's which is nice. He had his moments of trying to lead, be the man with the plan.

Donnie got the short end of the stick to be expected. He had his hero moment(s), actually more than any of the other turtles, but didn't get much screen time. And he looks SO much better without his glasses.

The family bond was strong though. They really focused on that. It was very much an ensemble when the four of them were on screen together.

Megan as April was better than I expected. Not much for her to do honestly, but she wasn't a weak point.

Overall though the sum is greater than it's parts. Again, I'm not one to pick things apart when it comes to my movies (not just TMNT). I was entertained. It moved fast and I was left wanting more. A little more time with JUST the Turtles would have been nice. Some of them just passing time playing video games in the lair or something. I'd love to have heard Mikey and Raph recording some of their hip-hop Christmas Album...

It is definitely not better than the 90's flick. It is a different movie for a different time. This was not based on the Mirage Comics. This is not THAT movie that you guys (rightfully) want. Once you get passed that is was not the movie you are begging for, if you give it a shot and not LOOK for the flaws, I think some of you 'haters' will find at least something redeemable.

Just got back and boy was this movie packed. This isn't the best movie and the 1990 movie still kicks it's ass but this was still a very fun movie and had awesome action. It was like a ride. Shredder was pretty badass in this movie and the turtles were awesome and they fought fluidly.

It's not a horrid dreadful movie like critics say ands it's not the end all be all turtle film but it's a good film that feels like a long drawn out episode of the old cartoons. 6/10 from me.

the mech suit is glossed over. Not sure what he needed it for before the Turtles came along... Seems like it was just there already.

A little more time with JUST the Turtles would have been nice. Some of them just passing time playing video games in the lair or something. I'd love to have heard Mikey and Raph recording some of their hip-hop Christmas Album...

It is definitely not better than the 90's flick. It is a different movie for a different time. This was not based on the Mirage Comics. This is not THAT movie that you guys (rightfully) want. Once you get passed that is was not the movie you are begging for, if you give it a shot and not LOOK for the flaws, I think some of you 'haters' will find at least something redeemable.

Well, I believe the other bad guy (forgot his name) made the suit for Shredder so that he could fight the turtles, so I think this was his first time using the robot suit. And I agree that the film needed more non action scenes with the turtles just hanging out in their home, eating pizza, watching tv or maybe another scene with Splinter teaching them something.

Well, I believe the other bad guy (forgot his name) made the suit for Shredder so that he could fight the turtles, so I think this was his first time using the robot suit. And I agree that the film needed more non action scenes with the turtles just hanging out in their home, eating pizza, watching tv or maybe another scene with Splinter teaching them something.

Sacks made the suit for sure. There was a throwaway line about his company working in Robotics at some point in the movie. But...what was Shredder's suit like before, and why did he have one? lol Like...what was the plan with Shredder. Project Renaissance 'died in that fire' with Aprils father. Shredder's just been chilling in his basement Dojo for 15 yrs waiting for Sacks to make a breakthrough?

Just got back and boy was this movie packed. This isn't the best movie and the 1990 movie still kicks it's ass but this was still a very fun movie and had awesome action. It was like a ride. Shredder was pretty badass in this movie and the turtles were awesome and they fought fluidly.

It's not a horrid dreadful movie like critics say ands it's not the end all be all turtle film but it's a good film that feels like a long drawn out episode of the old cartoons. 6/10 from me.

:goodpost:

If I'm putting a number on it, I'd go with a 7/10.

Can someone PLEASE tell me...

Spoiler Spoiler:

[/QUOTE]
Sacks made the suit for sure. There was a throwaway line about his company working in Robotics at some point in the movie. But...what was Shredder's suit like before, and why did he have one? lol Like...what was the plan with Shredder. Project Renaissance 'died in that fire' with Aprils father. Shredder's just been chilling in his basement Dojo for 15 yrs waiting for Sacks to make a breakthrough?

Can someone PLEASE tell me...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, he wore a suit because that's his thing :lol That's why they call him shredder. I don't think he was just waiting, his foot clan was doing stuff in the meantime, right? What were they doing in the beginning? Stealing something? I guess that's what Shredder was doing :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, he wore a suit because that's his thing :lol That's why they call him shredder. I don't think he was just waiting, his foot clan was doing stuff in the meantime, right? What were they doing in the beginning? Stealing something? I guess that's what Shredder was doing :lol[/QUOTE]
Stealing chemicals I'm assuming so Sacks could try to recreate the mutagen. He's persistent that Sack/Shredder. After 15 years you think he's find another angle. lol

And re: spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back