Name a scene in a film/or just a film that people started clapping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXOTICLEX

Super Freak
Reaction score
at the theater. I remember people clapping at the first Batmobile scene in 89 Batman. People clapped at the end of Avatar too.

The first time I can remember that happening was at Rocky 4. People were applauding and actually chanting "Rocky! Rocky!" I guess I was around 10 or so, and I was just looking around like what the ____ is going on here? Do these people think this is real? I found it very bizarre at the time.

The first time I can remember that happening was at Rocky 4. People were applauding and actually chanting "Rocky! Rocky!" I guess I was around 10 or so, and I was just looking around like what the ____ is going on here? Do these people think this is real? I found it very bizarre at the time.
He ended the Cold War man.:lol:lol:lol

Ep.1 when the SW Titles began to run opening night. Big letdown. :lol

Other then that anytime I go back to see a movie after its release like for a 25th anniversary etc of Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, etc. they get applause.

When Yoda force pulled his saber in Attack of the Clones was the loudest applause I've ever heard in a theater.

When Aragorn chopped off the head of that big Org guy at the end of Fellowship of the Ring was another.

I remember people going nuts during Aliens when Ripley said, "Get away from her, you _____!"

Most recently I remember the whole audience went nuts when Vin Diesel and The Rock had their epic bro moment in Fast Five. I clapped too, on the inside.

The first time can remember a crowd going wild was when I first saw the Empire Strikes Back back in 1980. When Han was shackled and about to be carbon freezed and Leia said "I love you," and Han replied "I know." That was great.

When Yoda force pulled his saber in Attack of the Clones was the loudest applause I've ever heard in a theater.

When Aragorn chopped off the head of that big Org guy at the end of Fellowship of the Ring was another.

When Yoda walked into the hanger on Geonosis. Then when he pulled out his lightsaber, they went wild.

Ditto. That was the first scene that came to my mind. Of course everyone clapped at the begining of all of the SW PT Films, but that was the only time during a film I remember people clapping and cheering. Still the best scene of that film :lol

I saw one of the Star Trek films on opening night, and everyone started cheering when those Klingon women got blown up. . .all the guys dressed as Spock, etc.

In the new King Kong when Kong killed the last T-rex

At Worlds End when Beckett s'ploded.

When a Local theater played a showing of The Big Lebowski everyone applauded The Dude's first appearance.

Also the Yoda scene and LOTR scenes others have mentioned.

I was going to mention the Yoda battle in AOTC, but others beat me to it. But also the moment when the Jedi go rushing into the arena battle against the droids. For the first time on screen, we were seeing an entire army of Jedi rushing into battle with their lightsabers swinging, and the crowd at the midnight premiere started cheering. It was a fun moment.

I may date myself a bit but I remember people used to actually applaud at the credits if it was a really good movie. I remember seeing Raiders, all the original Star Wars films, E.T., and quite a few others. Not only clapping but standing ovation at the end. No one really seems to do that anymore.

Back