12" scale Vehicles & Creatures:Who would buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcm77

Super Freak
Reaction score
Though the majority of Hasbro 12" stuff was IMO poor,they did produce a few items that were fantastic,most notably the vehicles (Speeder Bike & Maul's Sith Speeder) and also the creatures (Dewback,Tauntaun & Kaadu). I've been pondering getting a few of these to put the relevant figures on whenever Sideshow make them,but it occurred to me that since Sideshow have raised the bar so high with regular figures that they could do an equally awesome job with larger scale items like vehicles and creatures. They probably wouldn't be cheap but it would be cool to see Sideshow have a crack at something like a Bantha or an Eopie. What do others think?

I think I'm going to build, actually mostly have built, Luke's Speeder. I'd be much happier if SS would save me the trouble and expense. All the smaller vehicles would end up in my collection. Heck, I'd probably buy an X-Wing and a Tie-Fighter if they were of high quality and priced on the correct side of a thousand bucks. I have some pretty big stuff now.

I think Maul on Sith Speeder, Gungan on Kaadu, and the like would be presented much better coming from GG's 7" diorama line. I like how the 12" action figures have turned out, but those would be better served coming from GG's diorama line.

I'd love some 1/6 scale stuff, but I'm not entirely sure that the figures would work in a vehicle or on an animal. Could Luke move his legs to straddle a Tauntaun? Can you fit a figure into a fighter cockpit? The figures weren't really tailored for exact scale so it's possible if there were 1/6 vehicles that they wouldn't work. But I would really like some, like an EP2 hotrod speeder would be awesome (I love that speeder, it is the coolest thing EVER). But some things could end up looking really bad, or just be too expensive.

How bloody big would a 1/6 X-wing? Five feet or so? That'd be impressive to have, but unless it would convert into a bed I'd have to pass, some of the smaller vehicles would be cool. Creatures would be awesome too. If (when! must think positive!) when they perfect chewie...could we get a wookie army?

BTW what's an Eopie?

I think as soon as they figure out how to do Chewie, they should make a Wampa. They could also make a Bigfoot and Yeti while they are at it. I don't know about larger vehicles or animals though. Hasbro did a fairly decent job on those.

I actually liked the Tauntauns. Han and Luke were able to sit on them without looking too bad. The Dewback, on the other hand, didn't look like a Dewback. The head was all wrong and, as big as it was, it wasn't to scale with the Sandtrooper. I think the best 12" accessories were Maul's speeder and the Speeder bikes from ROTJ.

I would love to see a 1/6 Bantha!

The SSC figures are far more articulated than the Hasbro ones, so if they do large scale animals/vehicles then the SSC figures will sit in/on them much better than Hasbro ones. But I can't see SSC doing these - I'd like to see some environments, backdrops for display and such, but I don't know that I'd get a 1/6 Tauntaun or landspeeder.

An X-Wing cockpit on the other hand...BBi did an F-14 which was pretty cool...

I would love to see them - given Hasbro's half arsed approach to the 12" line most of the time, Sideshow would make one hell of a 1:6 scale Tauntaun and Wampa - I would be all over it. :rock2

I would be all over these vehicles and creatures. If Sideshow would never consider it, perhaps another company would, pleaaaassssse!!!!!

Cool thread. I'd be all over some environments or beasts. Would also love some larger characters like a Destroyer Droid, Probot, Jabba, ect.

It would be hard to beat the Hasbro Speederbike for detailing and price-point. Maul's speeder was sharp as well. I have both Han/Tauntaun and Capt. Tarpals/Kaadu and both are very well done. The Dewback is definitely out of scale and it shows.

As for ships, I think a 1/6th scale A-Wing would be feasible, being the smallest ship designed.

But I'd love for SS to release some environments, similar to their WWI line.

Would be very cool, but probably unrealistic. The cost for these things would be astronomical in any scale... Maybe a speeder or Tauntaun could be made.. but...

As cool as it would be to have them on the shelf, I doubt it will ever happen.

But that being said, I would still love a Rancor monster in any size!! Funny little bit of info... when I was a kid I had the Hasbro Rancor monster and I used to call it "The Butt Monkey", for obvious reasons... because he looked like a monster that crawled out of someone's rectum. :D

That toy reappeared in several short films I made in High school, when I seemed to pepper my little movies with every Star Wars reference I could manage..

I'd love to see what they could do with these kinds of items. Obviously, cost could be a factor. I'd think if they were to do something like this, they'd have to cut back the number of regular figures released that year.

Darklord Dave said:
The SSC figures are far more articulated than the Hasbro ones, so if they do large scale animals/vehicles then the SSC figures will sit in/on them much better than Hasbro ones. But I can't see SSC doing these - I'd like to see some environments, backdrops for display and such, but I don't know that I'd get a 1/6 Tauntaun or landspeeder.

An X-Wing cockpit on the other hand...BBi did an F-14 which was pretty cool...

Great idea. An X-Wing cockpit with a working targeting computer and all the relevant lights and sounds would probably be a more realistic expectation than a whole ship.

I've got both the Hasbro tauntaun and speeder bike, and I love them.

I'm sure SS could surpass them, but they'd probably end up being too expensive for me to buy.

bcm77 said:
Great idea. An X-Wing cockpit with a working targeting computer and all the relevant lights and sounds would probably be a more realistic expectation than a whole ship.

You would definitely need the R2 unit in the back!

I don't have the room for all these 12" figures, let alone a Fighter or Luke's Speeder...

However, I would like a light-up PROBOT... or a SPEEDER BIKE with sounds.

Vader's MEDITATION CHAMBER would be nice too :naughty

Back