2012: The year my Star Wars collection comes to an end :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BS! Check that signature man... you've got 100 pieces right there :lecture

Doh! You're right. I'll also have my Kenner figures. Ironically, they will make nice bookend pieces. The Kenner's started my Star Wars obsession. Maybe the eFX helmets will end it. :lol

ahh makes sense. I think that feeling is becoming common with allot of us who have been collecting for quite a while. I think having those few select efx pieces will make you happier in the long run.

So long as they come out before I get too old. :thud:

:lol I have fewer things I'm planning on buying this year than you, and I have no intention of stopping collecting!

So far for 2012, I'm only planning on getting Boba and Grievous 1:6. But who knows what else will pop up.

I'm just extra choosy because of my limited budget. Lack of space also helps me make some tough decisions.

As far as my collection, I have loads of books, the 1:6 figures, a few 1:4 lightsabers, and some Hasbro 3 3/4", as well as other various little things here and there. But I don't really count anything except the 1:6 figures as part of my "serious" collection since they're the most pricey and are non-mass market.

I decided to focus my collecting habits due to the rising figure prices, but aside from major financial hardship, I don't see how I could just stop collecting at a certain point thinking that I have all that I need in my collection.

I think the past year or so has had some of the best figures released and announced. And there's always going to be something in the future I'll want. Collecting dollies is exciting to me. :yess:

Im only buying one other SW this year and that is the Tie fighter

I already got 2 new SW collectables this year and with the Tie I will be finished for the year. I used to collect way more SW in the years past.

I have a feeling I'm going to buy every single SW figure HT makes. Luckily it doesn't sound like it'll be too many at one per year.

Yep, me too. I hope we dont have to wait until SDCC to find out what's next from them.

Yep, it seems like they're going the one per year route. Unless they pick up steam after Luke is released. But so far it's been since last SDCC since we've heard anything. Is there another event coming up before SDCC where they could do their next big reveal?

Yep, it seems like they're going the one per year route. Unless they pick up steam after Luke is released. But so far it's been since last SDCC since we've heard anything. Is there another event coming up before SDCC where they could do their next big reveal?

Toy Fair is in February, but I don't know if they ever preview anything there.

It's funny as I read this thread I was sort of thinking the same. I ve sold some of my pt and I'm only planning on buying a few select 1/6 star wars now (and a couple of the dr who ) and that me done. I think. Between rising prices and my family commitments I just don't have the money anymore.

Mandible you have the collection i want but will never have. I would be happy with just your MR collection. Buy the way how did the stand go and did you get a plaque. Also do you have any pics of your collection.

Last edited:
Back