The Next Kruger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosaicsquare

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Next Krueger?

So Englund is out ... who would protray a good freddy krueger?

Personally... I want to consider Johnny Depp... since he started his career playing a kid who gets killed by Kruger....

Last edited:
So whos a good contender for the role?... I bet someone is going mention Bale somehow.

He's a bit young, but I would say Ben Foster.

310ToYuma-BF-big.jpg

wow ben foster... if you read on imdb, the film could very well be a prequel. So a young kruger could be possible. good suggestion!

I hope they dont completely change the classic look of Freddy, but alter him just a bit for an interesting "New" look.

-CJK

Well nothing is set in stone but

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179056/faq

basically it's going to be a remake... what purpose would it serve if they made it with englund again?

What purpose would it serve remaking A Nightmare on Elm Street its a Classic and its not even that old of a film it will just start deteriorating the series if they bring in a "new" Krueger :monkey4
The only reason it works bringing in different actors for someone such as Jason is because he wears a mask and you won't see his face (except when his mask is off, and he has a full prosthetic make up mask on) :monkey3 Englund having such a distinct look as Freddy would just kill it for me if they bring in someone new

What purpose would it serve remaking A Nightmare on Elm Street its a Classic and its not even that old of a film it will just start deteriorating the series if they bring in a "new" Krueger :monkey4
The only reason it works bringing in different actors for someone such as Jason is because he wears a mask and you won't see his face (except when his mask is off, and he has a full prosthetic make up mask on) :monkey3 Englund having such a distinct look as Freddy would just kill it for me if they bring in someone new

Yeah no doubt, it'd be like watching Robocop III all over again.

It's not going into the series. It's a revision of the film. Did you click the link and read before you started your little rant? It could be a remake or it could be a prequel... we don't know that yet. You're judgments are clouded by your childhood nostalgia for the character which in short is ignorant. Yes, Robert Englund will always be remembered in our hearts as the Krueger in fact it's safe to say his career is basically that character alone but that doesn't automatically make it his property.

James Jude Courtney. He played Der Kinderstod, so he does have that Freddy look at least.

It's not going into the series. It's a revision of the film. Did you click the link and read before you started your little rant? It could be a remake or it could be a prequel... we don't know that yet. You're judgments are clouded by your childhood nostalgia for the character which in short is ignorant. Yes, Robert Englund will always be remembered in our hearts as the Krueger in fact it's safe to say his career is basically that character alone but that doesn't automatically make it his property.

Who are you referring to exactly?

sawyer009 at first.

your robocop 3 comment is really out of place... this movie is not suppose to go into the series as a sequel. it's a different take on the franchise.

I heard that they were talking about Michael Rosenbaum playing Freddy. IMO that would be great. He can play both evil and comical really good.

sawyer009 at first.

your robocop 3 comment is really out of place... this movie is not suppose to go into the series as a sequel. it's a different take on the franchise.

It makes no difference if its a prequel, sequel or complete remake, some in this thread are big fans of Englund and therefore see no need for a whatever they decide to do.

How is my comment about Robo 3 out of place? I too don't care whatever approach they choose to follow, Englund is Freddy because he doesn't wear a mask. So I would see anything new on Freddy without Englund as pointless and similar to Robocop III.

I also don't need to read an article to know that this is just another example of greedy Hollywood. I'm not even against the idea and would probably go see it, its just different from a guy hidden behind a mask.

Dude if your going to have a little ^^^^^ about it go have one with Woodsy you two could talk for hours or "rant" as you like too call it :lol:lol:lol

I was under the intention that people were talking about a suitable actor to play the role of freddy krueger for the next film other than robert englund.

not how much bad of an idea this project is going to be. you guys want to boycott the film? be my guest just do it somewhere else. don't derail my thread.

Back