The Next Kruger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger there’s no doubt. Just as there’s nothing wrong with the Nightmare on Elm street series as it is. It’s not that I wouldn’t be interested in a new take on the franchise, but I would rather just have another sequel with Englund as Freddy. But that’s not going to happen because Hollywood's greed and lack of originality will just regurgitate a remake. I just hope to God that Hollywood doesn’t make a new look for Freddy that ends up looking as horrible as the new Jason.

I guess we should be glad that we had 8 Nightmares with Englud donning the bladed glove.

I know for a fact I will not like this movie.
This movie is being remade for a generation of movie goers who don't know much or haven't seen the original series. After seeing Englund in all the Freddy movies countless times I can't watch another one where it isn't him but its supposed it be.

It like having Brendan Frasier as Indiana Jones , it just doesn't work.
I can see kids who like to watch horrors loving this and maybe movie fans who aren't too bothered. For me though this is just taking the piss out of the original.

Why the hell when the last movie was made in 1994 plus freddy vs jason in 2003 do we need a complete redo !?.
Surely this should be a sequel , its probably not becasue they want to glam freddy up new and fresh. The texas chainsaw massacre the begging was a horrible movie , some people like Rob Zombies Halloween but alot of people ( including me ) hated it.

If there going to take characters like this who have been in horror for generations and are legends in the movie world they have to do it correct.
No name actors ( and usually no name directors ) seem to take over and destroy these movies.

The point what I'm trying to say is :

If the movie is horrible here is what most would say ( and this already goes for Leatherface and Halloween quite often )...

A nightmare on elm street is awesome but the new movie was terrible and should have never been made.

If they want to use such classics they should be very careful and respectful.

When I look at this guys face I'm not going to see Freddy.

Also if they wanted to do a younger Freddy but still burnt how is that possible when in the other movies they have shown him being burnt by the parents and looking how he does except burn then ?.
He basically looks the exact same when hes a real guy straight to when hes Freddy.

I presume they will just completely disregard that .

Johnny Depp ?.
johnny_depp1_300_400.jpg

no way !.

This is the one and only Freddy !.
250px-Fredkruegermoviefirst.png

and changing that is a bad move and movie imo.

Fingers crossed though I guess...

Englund will always be Freddy to me.... But if they must recast.. I will only reiterate what EVILFACE said and ask that they cast Ben Foster. He really is a good young actor and I think he would nail the character.

It's just a lot harder to have someone step into Englund's shoes here, his face is so much a part of Freddy that it's harder to detach from it. But, if the story was right and it was done with respect... could be ok.

Back