The Next Kruger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael Emerson is a good bad guy and could give a great Kruger performance.
mad0054.gif

How about Robert Englund? He's played an evil guy once...I think...:monkey3

Seriously?

DON'T TOUCH THIS FILM YOU IDIOTS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!

There is NOTHING that needs redoing about A Nightmare on Elm Street, and I would prefer even another sequel to a remake...

When i say nothing, they could take that mattress out of shot in one scene in ANOES 1...

But THAT'S IT...

How about Robert Englund? He's played an evil guy once...I think...:monkey3

Seriously?

DON'T TOUCH THIS FILM YOU IDIOTS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!

There is NOTHING that needs redoing about A Nightmare on Elm Street, and I would prefer even another sequel to a remake...

When i say nothing, they could take that mattress out of shot in one scene in ANOES 1...

But THAT'S IT...

I'm with you man, it's doomed for failure.

I'm intrigued by a re-make, actually. Now, there's no question that money would be better served doing something original in horror, which would be nice. Hell, at least this time they're remaking an American classic instead of a Japanese horror movie.
They can do whatever they like to this, really. If the Nightmare sequels couldn't destroy the original, then I doubt a remake will. Seriously, it survived Freddy's Dead, so I think it's safe. We'll always have the original, so bring on your re-makes, I say.
And in that spirit, yes, I do think Freddy should be totally and utterly different for this. New actor, new look, new attitude. If they can't come up with a new concept for this, at least give us a new spin.

I am so sick of these revisioned classics, if the original was a hit, how does anyone think they can do it better? Besides just like Ford is Indiana Jones, Englund IS Krueger

This is like recasting Lon Chaney, Bela Lugosi, and Glenn Strange as Frankenstein's creature, it just didn't work. Like Frankenstein, Kruger's face let enough of Englund through to make it unique to the actor. Anyone else will seem like an impostor in Freddy's sweater.

So Englund is out ... who would protray a good freddy kruger?

Personally... I want to consider Johnny Depp... since he started his career playing a kid who gets killed by Kruger....

No thanks.

He's a bit young, but I would say Ben Foster.

310ToYuma-BF-big.jpg

I love this suggestion. The guy plays crazy really well and has a lot of presence.

I gave up bashing remakes a while ago when Dawn of the Dead came out. Nothing can deminish the originals, so for me, it's a no-lose situation. If it is awesome, great, if it stinks, shrug and move on. Without remakes, we would not have The Thing, The Fly, Cape Fear, Dawn of the Dead...

I love this suggestion. The guy plays crazy really well and has a lot of presence.

I gave up bashing remakes a while ago when Dawn of the Dead came out. Nothing can diminish the originals, so for me, it's a no-lose situation. If it is awesome, great, if it stinks, shrug and move on. Without remakes, we would not have The Thing, The Fly, Cape Fear, Dawn of the Dead...

None of those are character centered series like Nightmare...

I gave up bashing remakes a while ago when Dawn of the Dead came out. Nothing can deminish the originals, so for me, it's a no-lose situation. If it is awesome, great, if it stinks, shrug and move on. Without remakes, we would not have The Thing, The Fly, Cape Fear, Dawn of the Dead...

I whole heartedly agree! What do we have to lose as movie goers? If it's bad.. it's bad.. it doesn't take anything out of the original.

None of those are character centered series like Nightmare...

How so? The Fly is a complete character centered species, it is about one man slipping into madness after getting infuzed with a fly.

Re: The Next Krueger?

So Englund is out ... who would protray a good freddy krueger?

Personally... I want to consider Johnny Depp... since he started his career playing a kid who gets killed by Kruger....

Johnny Depp , Johnny Depp :monkey4 After what he did to the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... OH , HELL NO !!!!! Of course they can never replace Robert Englund. I am for some unknown actor because any known actor would kill it for me.

Last edited:
Back