Attention SW alien fans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anzik

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had suggested to our member Callous that there would be a lot of interest in casts of background aliens for Cantina scenes, Senate floor scenes, even EU scenes. If you haven't seen his sculpts check them out here :
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29086

Just for fun who would be interested in head and hand sculpts of some generic SW aliens? You would have to get them painted, find a body and clothes, but imagine your own snaggletooth, or weequay, Klaatu, Barada, Nikto etc.

Good idea! Background aliens would be cool, because I doubt SSC will ever get around to those.

Heck, we don't even have any of the "core" aliens yet. I don't really care, which (though I'd prefer mainstays like Tusken Raiders and Greedo first). All I know is that aliens and creatures would be a zillion times more interesting to me than stuff like Endor Rebels and Commander Praji. :monkey1

Bring on the creatures, Sideshow! :tap

What I'm saying is that there was a lot of complaining over ANH Luke at $70+ and its an iconic version of a core character.
Look at the complaining about Praji and how obscure he was.
We know SSC will make the figures they think they can sell enough of to make a good profit but that will leave the majority of species unrepresented.

Obscure is one thing. Boring and uninspired is another matter. At least for me. That's the main issue I had with the Endor Rebels and Praji.

Creatures are at least visually interesting and different.

Yes, I would! It's looking great. Plus, I am a sucker for both Jedi and cool-looking aliens. He's a one-two punch.

I wouldn't mind Jediesque Aliens because they'd be easier to kitbash but everything would depend on pricepoint

This does bring up the issue that we are seeing too little aliens from SSC... and Droids too.

This does bring up the issue that we are seeing too little aliens from SSC... and Droids too.

And Medicom won't bother because they have too much of a boner for repaints of armored figures. As for alien sculpts I'd be intrested in buying,

Admiral Ackbar
Greedo
Hammerhead
Squid Head
Ree Yees

Weequay and Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead) would be sweet! Outfitting Weequay could be a little difficult though.

What about Lak Sirvak, he could be dressed up as both Cantina Alien and the Jedi of the same species.

I realised many fans do have a special thing for Weequay.

When I was 8 years old, it was background creatures like Weequay that first drew me to Star Wars.

SSC ought to mix things up a bit, the last 10 releases have pretty much been humans, I wonder when can we see some scums again.

Depends on the price, but yes I would be interested.

My first suggestion, and I know many would not be interested, would be Prune Face.

The reasoning is simple, aside from the cape, he can be made from any of the already existing and easy to find Endor troopers.

Hammerhead would be awesome, but in all honesty let me tell you that every single person that has been so bold to try to do a project as ambitious as this on RebelScum and Freaks have always failed to follow through. Remember the guy offering Amanamans? Over the last 10 years I have seen a good half dozen or more people claim to be able to mass produce these complex aliens and it doesn't happen.

I say lets test the waters with an easier "head only" project and build from that.

Back