Darth Bane: Rule of Two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the Holidays and all of the other SW (and other) stuff coming out I figured I would start a thread on this so it's not overlooked by those who might be interested.

51-J84Tc1xL._SS500_.jpg

Basically, it's a sequel to the DARTH BANE: PATH OF DESTRUCTION novel (also by Drew Karpyshyn) which I thought absolutely rocked... and I'm not a big EU guy at all. In fact, that and the James Luceno novels are pretty much the only EU books I've ever really liked.

Anyway, this one comes out December 26th and picks up directly where the last one left off, with Bane putting the Sith "rule of two" into place and training his new apprentice, the young Zannah.

https://www.amazon.com/Rule-Two-Sta...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196427689&sr=8-2

Incidentally, Karpyshyn is one of the lead writers at Bioware and was hugely reponsible for the original KOTOR game as well as Mass Effect. :rock

Anyway, heads up...

Hmmm.. THe Luceno books and the ROTS novelization are the only SW books I have really enjoyed. I might need to pick up the first one.

This still won't compensate for the loss of the Darth Palgueus novel that was supposed to be coming out. Man how I was looking forward to that read. :emperor

LOVED the first one, I can't wait for this one to come out. A little disappointed by the cover art, but we know the old saying, can't judge a book...

I sat and read the first one in 2 days, so this one is definitely a must have for me. Did anybody read Death Star yet? Hows that one?

Yeah, would have liked to see that come out too. Don't remember reading why they gave that the axe.

I need to pick up the first book so this one makes sense. Gives me something to read over the x-mas break.

I'm really deep into the Legacy of the Force novels, but will have to pick up those Darth Bane books. I've always been interested in his story.

Yeah, would have liked to see that come out too. Don't remember reading why they gave that the axe.

I need to pick up the first book so this one makes sense. Gives me something to read over the x-mas break.

They wanted to maintain the mystery of Palpatine and Plageous' background from what I can remember.

Hmmm.. THe Luceno books and the ROTS novelization are the only SW books I have really enjoyed. I might need to pick up the first one.

This still won't compensate for the loss of the Darth Palgueus novel that was supposed to be coming out. Man how I was looking forward to that read. :emperor

Gotta try Legacy of the Force. It's on book 7 this week and it's great.

Count me in too with the Legacy books and the Darth Bane books. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the reason for cancelling the Plagueous (sp?) book is the backlash when they announced he was a Muun. Or whatever it was.

i like the idea of Darth Plageuis being a Muun... the perfect species to justify a Sith pacifist

i bought the first Darth Bane novel but haven't gotten to it yet... this will be my cue!

Has anyone seen the Darth Bane on ebay? It looks pretty detailed, but I have no idea if that is an accurate representation.

Check it out: https://https://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-CUSTOM-12-INCH-DARTH-BANE-1-6-SITH-LORD_W0QQitemZ140184424916QQihZ004QQcategoryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Other than the clunky and unnecessarily rehashed Vader armor I'd say that looks pretty darn good. And it's a heck of a lot better than that dumb armor made from the crustaceans or whatever from the comics. :monkey4

Wow.... he does some pretty nice stuff, that Bane is pretty sweet looking and very creative. His Thawn I think is a tad too dark, but still very nice as well. I like his take on the Yslamari. (bad spelling probably)

His zombies are pretty nice too.

I dont know much of the story but judging from the pic on the book and that custom, it dont look like same costume.

:lecture :lecture

Hell yeah, I agree. Legacy of the Force stuff is great. Loved every one so far. :rock

Yeah, it is a great series. I'm at the end of book 2 about to go into book 3 and each one just gets better and better. Everything I had started to think I knew about Jacen got turned on its head. Really insane how far they are going with it. The books are getting a lot more risky with the characters and pushing the boundaries, which I really like.

Back