Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (3rd novel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is more control by Lucasfilm. Like Anzik said, before we got alot of Sci Fi with Star Wars characters, but now I think Lucasfilm is keeping a closer eye on things and making sure the novels work together. Although I will say I just finished Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor and hated it. I'm surprised too because Stover's other SW novels were pretty good.

It's not a coincidence that the only weak aspects of the Darth Bane novels are all ones that Karpyshyn had to use because they came from previous EU stories.

I've said many times that the problem with most EU is that its covered by Sci Fi writers and most sci fi is far too convoluted. Star Wars was always more philosophy with a sci fi setting and most EU is sci fi featuring SW characters.
Clearly the new novels set around the PT are better because the universe was so much more clearly defined than it was in the days before the PT fleshed out the universe.

If you like more philosophical Star Wars novels, read any of the ones by Matthew Stover, specifically Traitor or Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor--best Star Wars books ever

I think it is more control by Lucasfilm. Like Anzik said, before we got alot of Sci Fi with Star Wars characters, but now I think Lucasfilm is keeping a closer eye on things and making sure the novels work together. Although I will say I just finished Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor and hated it. I'm surprised too because Stover's other SW novels were pretty good.

If you like more philosophical Star Wars novels, read any of the ones by Matthew Stover, specifically Traitor or Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor--best Star Wars books ever

:lol To each his own I guess. I understand what you mean about the philosophical side of the story though. That part was good, I liked how Luke was portrayed etc. I just didn't care for the actual plot and events of the story itself.

Just finished Dynasty of Evil about a week ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I love his writing. Of course the first was the best of the three, but I did enjoy this one for sure.

I like it as well, these books were great. I almost wouldn't mind seeing some more continuing the Sith lineage. But I fear that may water down the quality of these.

I like it as well, these books were great. I almost wouldn't mind seeing some more continuing the Sith lineage. But I fear that may water down the quality of these.

Not if Karpyshyn writes them and Lucasfilm gives him time to do them properly (unlike Book 2, which was rushed and shows it... he had less then 2 months to complete that one!).

I think all series start to lose some quality the longer they last. There are only a few book series I've read that I feel the latter books are as good as the first.

I agree. I just mean if the series continues I think it will get weaker. Really it depends on how much time he takes. If he is putting them out just to do it then I think the quality will suffer. If he waits until he has a good idea for a book then starts writing it then I think they'll be good for longer. I just know that I've read alot of series where the first two, three, four books are great, but then you get further into the series and they start going down.

I'm back reading book one now cause of this. Can't decide which is better 1st or 3rd.

Such a great series.

Back