The Rise of Darth Bane - The Project begins....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in conclusion....

Using his fallen apponents as leverage, the duel is short

SDC10391.jpg

a swift kick to the gut, and its all going wrong for the Jedi

SDC10393.jpg

Crushing his enemies internal organs under his feet

SDC10395.jpg

and finally, his final apponents skull crumbles like glass under the Sith Lords crushing heel

SDC10398.jpg

Victorious, the Sith Lord leaves...

SDC10401.jpg

Hope you all like the pics, the final update i do will be of the complete Bane...

I really had a blast doing this one, so much so i was thinking of putting a offer out to do a limited run...if people were interested...

Regards

SJ

Mate you did a great job on Bane. He looks very menacing and evil.

I'm not familiar with the character, but he really looks like one bad sith lord. Can't wait to see this all finished.

Da Bronx you should read the rise of bane. It a really good reading and you will get and idea how awesome this guy is. Also inthe rule of two the final battle against the Jedi it's crazy. One of the best battles I have read.

wow. His bulked up and taller body looks fantastic and very formidable. I love those photos, too.

Ok...

I have good news...Banes boots arrived today. As to honor the asthetic of the Original Trilogy, i chose to give Bane Nazi SS Jackboots from a DiD Nazi SS Commendant, pictured bellow

SDC10405.jpg

And...Bane is now complete, except for his own, custom lightsaber...but that is going to take a long while, so i now classify Bane as complete from body, portrait and costume, his final stats are 13 inches in hieght and he weighs in at just over 1kg...hence the need for the base for pictures...

SDC10402.jpg

And here are the pictures, i did take one of him is just the undershort and his leather pants, but it didnt save...and i dont want to undress him again...or he may kill me!

A breakdown of Banes clothing, combat jacket, outer tunic, leather tabbard straps and hand made belt

SDC10406.jpg

Bane in his combat jacket, pants and boots...amazingly still rather imposing..

SDC10408.jpg

Back of the combat jacket showing the thicker leather spine

SDC10409.jpg

to be Continued

Contiued...

Bane in his complete outfit, angry and imposing

SDC10410.jpg

SDC10412.jpg

And i upset him and he is now trying to kill me!

SDC10415.jpg

Now he was great fun to make, i've learnt alot and had a blast!

I'll be doing one more photo set this evening showing Bane off with those who would inherit his legacy

Stay tuned

That looks awesome. Darth Bane is a killer, I just finish reading how he took over the darth tittle. Are you going to be offering him to the fellow freaks? If so pm me with pricing

Bane DID wear a hooded cloak, but i havent quite got one down i'm truely happy with, so i didnt include it in the finished item...

If/during the production of any that other folks want i finally settle on one, i'll post it up in a progress thread so folks can decide if they want it or not...

Bane is a difficult one to pin down, i never liked the overly cartoony costume design of the images i'd seen prio to the artwork on Drews books...and even then, only books 1 and 3 seemed right...so i gave him a mix up outfit of his past life as a miner and soldier, through to his life as a Sith Lord...

anyways, still doing the calculations for those that are wondering...

What would be a fitting price do you think?..i want your opinions...

Hey there folks,

Firstly thanks for all the feedback and i'm really glad people like my interpritation of Darth Bane...really makes me happy

I'm hoping to have a complete, machienes metal lightsaber hilt for him soon, as well as a custom base (if i can find the blinkin things!) All of which...if all goes to plan, will be part of the finished product

Now, for those who are interested in having a Bane all they're own...i finally have a price.

$125 US total.

This is broken down into;

$25 to secure the headsculpt

$100 left to pay at time of final progress report

I will do weekly progress updates (and i do mean weekly) and will attempt (new to me, but lets give it a try) 1 bi-weekly video update so people will know i am not just recycling old pictures!

Built time estimate is 4-8 Weeks per figure, with each update i'll be alot of confident of the actual build time, 4-8 weeks is only an estimate, but i dont imagine it'll go over that time...

If this is agreeable to you, my fellow freaks..please hit me up with a PM

Regards

SJ

Well...

Its been 6 months since i started this little endevour with a Darth Bane figure, and during that time i have decided to re-do alot of his appearance and also his costume.

In between the other 2 projects i have on the go (one being Killer Croc and the other being Kyle Katarn) and the 2 in planning (Mara Jade Skywalker and Jaina Solo), i have decided to re-do Bane's costume complete, to make him appear like the more ancient Sith.

For the moment i give you two pictures of his re-done paint application, i think its a vast improvement!

SDC10576.jpg

SDC10577.jpg

hey mate, good to see that you are still doing some work.. Bane looks even better then the first one.. Just in time for the new novel that is going to be released soon.. Keep us posted on your other projects... Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade Skywalker and Jaina Solo. I am really interested in these...

hey mate, good to see that you are still doing some work.. Bane looks even better then the first one.. Just in time for the new novel that is going to be released soon.. Keep us posted on your other projects... Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade Skywalker and Jaina Solo. I am really interested in these...

Well Mara and Jaina are really sitting on the hope i can get my hands on two of the soon to be released Hot Toys Female TrueTypes...so they may never see the light of day if i cannot get my hands on a pair of those bodies :(

As for Kyle...here's a little sneaky peaky...

SDC10579.jpg

SJ

And time for an update...

Here we are currently, after 20 different styles i decided on a "long coat" style robe, currently its just pinned in place, and has no sleeves, but just figured i'd give you the update

I will be re-doing his belt again, but the leather tabbard straps are going to remain (unless they dont look right in the final)

SDC10582.jpg

Back