Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (3rd novel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is on my to be read list. And I totally agree with IJ's assessment of the best EU books. I like more of the EU than he does, but to me that just gives his recommendations more validity.

I would also recommend the Legacy novel series, which is in no way connected to the comic series. Why the hell they are both Legacy is beyond me. There is one downside to the Legacy series, and that is that it builds on alot of the previous books, especially the New Jedi Order series. But that's where Wikipedia and other things are your friend, just look up what's got you confused.

I just finished. Pretty damn interesting ending. I can't say much more without ruining it.

Very, very good read. Karpyshyn has the Darkside/Sith stuff nailed.

got the book for Christmas. The first book was awesome and I can not wait to start on this, but first I need to finish up the last of the Jedi series books.. on book 5 now..

I've read the Zahn novels and loved them, i've read books like "I Jedi", which i enjoyed completely and personally i would love to see Mike Stackpole return to the Star Wars Universe again.

This was the first Star Wars novel I ever read. Great book, and I totally enjoyed the fact that the book focused on someone other than Luke,Han, or any characters from the movies. Corran Horn is still one of my favorite Jedi from the EU

This was the first Star Wars novel I ever read. Great book, and I totally enjoyed the fact that the book focused on someone other than Luke,Han, or any characters from the movies. Corran Horn is still one of my favorite Jedi from the EU

Yea, Corran is one of my fav's too, i actually have Hurricane making me a custom figure of Corran for my collection (i commissioned it long before i started making my own).

I think the major appeal of the book is its more written in the first person, not the third person like most novels. It shook it up a bit...

I'd definatly recommend "I, Jedi" to anyone who wanted to read something less focused on core movie characters

Yea, Corran is one of my fav's too, i actually have Hurricane making me a custom figure of Corran for my collection (i commissioned it long before i started making my own).

I think the major appeal of the book is its more written in the first person, not the third person like most novels. It shook it up a bit...

I'd definatly recommend "I, Jedi" to anyone who wanted to read something less focused on core movie characters

Another thing I liked about the book is how it discussed the subject that certain Jedi have unique force powers that they are stronger with than others. I liked Corran's ability to project thoughts into other's minds.

Finally picked this up yesterday afternoon.

I really hope that they're able to write a Sith Lord Lineage. I really want to find out more about Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious.

I really hope that they're able to write a Sith Lord Lineage. I really want to find out more about Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious.

:rock Yeah. I like reading about the Sith Lords more than Jedi sometimes. Just seems like they have more fun.

The Plagueis book was canceled, hence the rush job of the 2nd Bane book...sadly. I was looking forward to that book, as i was hoping it'd also discuss the training of Sidious and the eventual murder of Plagueis...

ah well *raises glass* to those books that never made it past the planning...

The Plagueis book was canceled, hence the rush job of the 2nd Bane book...sadly. I was looking forward to that book, as i was hoping it'd also discuss the training of Sidious and the eventual murder of Plagueis...

ah well *raises glass* to those books that never made it past the planning...

Actually, it did make it past planning. Luceno was well into completing it when the ax came down... hence the fire drill and Karpyshyn having to rush out BANE Book 2 in just a few weeks. It was lose/lose. We lost out on what would have been an awesome book about Plagueis & Palpatine from one of the Top 3 EU writers... and as a result the 2nd book Bane novel was a weakened rush job. LFL can really screw the pooch sometimes. At least Karpyshyn has held up his end of the bargain. BANE Book 3 is excellent.

Back