Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (3rd novel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw the pooch?....after alot of LFL's decissions of late the Pooch has locked itself in the bathroom with a tube of soothing cream...

I actually didnt know Luceno was writing the Plagueis novel...part of me actually feels releaved that it was canceled now, as i've never found Luceno to be a compitent writer, he seems far to hell bent on trying to kill off the main characters.

But thats just my opinion, when i last read a Luceno novel it was "Millenium Falcon", which didnt sit too well...it was a good novel, and i was glad he FINALLY had gotten over his "must kill Han and Luke" phase, but it just felt like filler...

I have Millenium Falcon sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, but I have to say that its probably the first Star Wars novel that I've had little to no inclination to read.

Did they ever give an explanation why the Plagueis novel was canceled? It's not one I was looking forward to personally because Palpatine being his apprentice is one of the aspects of canon I dislike. Well actually I don't mind that, I don't like the idea of Palpatine being that old. So if Plagueis was set 20 or 30 years before TPM I'd be fine.

I formally request Elvis1976 create a custom Bane.

I'm with you though, Bane needs some love...I'd prefer a PF though.

Awesome book.

End spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Awesome book.

End spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

There won't be a next one, they've said it's done after this

Read this book a couple weeks back, very good.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:hi5:

I hate 95% of all EU novels after ROTJ!

IMO, any novels before and during the prequels are highly recommanded but not all, some is tedious to read thru while those novels of event happens after the OT, I hated it!

I hate 95% of all EU novels after ROTJ!

IMO, any novels before and during the prequels are highly recommanded but not all, some is tedious to read thru while those novels of event happens after the OT, I hated it!

I agree. The only EU I really liked that took place after ROTJ were the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games and Legacy comics. All the other EU I like mainly takes place thousands of years before the movies. I really looking foward to the new TOR novels.

I agree. The only EU I really liked that took place after ROTJ were the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games and Legacy comics. All the other EU I like mainly takes place thousands of years before the movies. I really looking foward to the new TOR novels.

LOL, same here! I like the graphic novels, again, not all! I think the future of Star Wars is KOTOR/TOR. Stories taking place without any movie characters and thousands of years before the movies!

Awesome book.

End spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:hi5:

Tempted but i won't

It was pretty much how I interpreted the ending. However, I liked the way that it was open to different interpretations and each reader could've come to a different fate for the Sith characters.

I've said many times that the problem with most EU is that its covered by Sci Fi writers and most sci fi is far too convoluted. Star Wars was always more philosophy with a sci fi setting and most EU is sci fi featuring SW characters.
Clearly the new novels set around the PT are better because the universe was so much more clearly defined than it was in the days before the PT fleshed out the universe.

Back