The Rise of Darth Bane - The Project begins....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well time for a new update, hectic week now gone, here is Banes current state

SDC10584-2.jpg

He has hand and arm wraps up to his elbows, hands are wrapped seperatly so that they can be removed from the body, and the "wrists" of te wraps overlap the hands to hide the joints :)

I am thinking of doing some embroidary on his robe to make it more ornate...tho i am also playing with the idea of shredding, burning and scuffing areas to make it look worn and old...

as always, opinions and crits are welcome :D

looking good mate... Keep up the excellent work...

The robe looks good, personally I would do the embroidery and make the robe look a little worn. When I think of Bane, I think of a dark, warrior..

Keep in mind I know absolutely nothing about this character :lol

But strictly off appearance, the new paint up for the head is great. Looks way better than the original (which wasn't bad by any means btw) but honestly, I preferred the original costume you had. That looked sick imo (little rough around the edges but still).

SDC10410.jpg

^^^That + the new painted head would've been my personal choice. He just looks absolutely ruthless like that. iunno.. just my two cents. :D

Hey Devil,

Not quite finished with the "new look" just yet, i just found the old style robe a little too akin to the Jedi, needed messing up a bit to make him stand out...

Right now he's somewhere between bath robe and Acient Samurai...just trying to decide on the embroidery...lol

I do know i will be using red and silver thread tho...so thats a gooden...lol

Thanks for the crits tho :)...if the new look doesnt work he may very well end up back in a re-done version of his old robes once more

SJ

LOL!...

Yes...Darth Bane is, infact...Alice Cooper...

Drod where did you find that pic?, i searched the net for near 6 months before i started working on Bane, never found that pic!

The more i see the eye make-up, the less i like it...just doesnt seem to "fit" the character...anyways!

I'll be updating soon with some picks of the Embroidered Belt, did some work on it to make look a little more...ornate, also done some work on the cuff's of his robe..i shall update on Saturday :)

SJ

i think Darth Bane is open to every artists interpretation... with makeup.... without makeup... he is fair game. i prefer a more subtle shading (less Alice Cooper like)...

That design was actually my first choice, with a few slight alterations...but in the end i decided to do my own take on Bane...

I am still doing the embroidery on the robe and belt, sadly i've been delayed by illness, again...but i shall have something to show by weeks end :)

SJ

Ok time for updates...

Sorry its taken so long, who knew over-stitching could take so long...lol

Its actually taken up all my embroidery thread to do just the cuffs and the one side of his robs hem....i need to buy more but the shop i get it from is "having issues", so it wont be till end of next week that i have some more :(

Anyways...here's some pics!

With Flash

SDC10613.jpg

SDC10615.jpg

SDC10616.jpg

Without Flash

SDC10614.jpg

SDC10617.jpg

i really need to build a photo-box :(...lol

SJ

It was the week before christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stiring...except Dr. FeelGood

Yup..i return with another update to Darth Bane...this will be the final update, as i've finally settled on a Robe design for him!

I've actually reverted back to his old style robe, with some modification, a new under-robe and the handwraps have now been extended up the full length of his arm to he shoulder..

Subject 1

SDC10625.jpg

said arm-wraps actually allow the outer robe to hold shape on his arms much better, as well as allowing a slightly stiffer hold of pose in his elbows...

The Materials in the arm-wraps are two different types, one is thinner, gause like which had been dyed, wrapped and then painted in a wash of Gryphon Siena (from GW). The wraps past the fore-arm are actually from the same material as his original robe...i ran out of the gause material and had to improvise...

Subject 2

SDC10627.jpg

New Under and Outer robes, inside one is made of a cotton weave mix, high collar and stitched in a brown, elasticated uppolstery cotton (which at a later date i will replace with a finer color matched cotton). The outer robe is made of a cotton T-shirt material, pure black and fold-stiched at the seem to give the double-layered effect (like Sideshows Jedi and Sith robes).

Subject 3

SDC10628.jpg

As close a shot of the belt as i can get...

Double-layer leatherette belt, black main belt over Dark Brown under-belt, crimson leatherette staps embroidered in red and silver. Embroided Silver lightsaber symbols on all three straps, with silver star and red prostrait figure at the side on the two front straps. Silver embroided belt "clasp", which will be replaced with a plastic regular buckle after christmas. Sculpted belt-pouch or original, will be held in place with a metal pin.

Subject 4

SDC10626.jpg

The leatherette tabbard straps remain from the original, as do the leatherette pants and the Dragon SS Commendant boots. I have re-tooled a set of Leatherette straps to add to this figure hiding the horrible stitching lines, but i havent had time to re-take pictures at the moment...

His lightsaber is still a WIP, i am waitig on its arrive from Hurricane at the moment.

I hope you like...

And the surgery is open!

Back