Star Wars: homage or stealing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
You make the call:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_F0zLZLJCg"]Star Wars & The Dam Busters - Homage or Stealing: Rotten Tomatoes Show - YouTube[/ame]

I'd like to point out, it's well documented that Lucas referenced old WWII movies for a lot of the space battles and ship designs because he dug them. So, I'm calling this one homage. But, these are some amusing videos.

George may have stole, but he stole very effectively. We've seen his original work in the prequel trilogy, and considering that, I think I'll choose Lucas the wanton thief.

Just Reservoir Dogs

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUeuB0ndQIc"]Reservoir Dogs - Homage or Stealing? Rotten Tomatoes Show - YouTube[/ame]

George may have stole, but he stole very effectively. We've seen his original work in the prequel trilogy, and considering that, I think I'll choose Lucas the wanton thief.

This was a sophisticated joke, but I like it. :rotfl

But, let's not forget his other homages/theft

Frankenstein:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE"]darth vader says NOOOOOOO - YouTube[/ame]

And, Indiana Jones's Mutt Williams swinging through trees like Tarzan. I think Lucas has simply lost it, and can afford not to find it.

Star Wars: Homage or Stealing

richbeeyotch.jpg

Was Avatar a good movie like the others?
I thought it was a'aight, but a lesser Cameron movie. I actually got a bit bored with it at a certain point, as it felt more drawn out than it needed to be. Probably because Cameron spent so much time showing off his 3D world, with people standing around, mouth agape, admiring the CG trees and bugs.

I thought it was a'aight, but a lesser Cameron movie. I actually got a bit bored with it at a certain point, as it felt more drawn out than it needed to be. Probably because Cameron spent so much time showing off his 3D world, with people standing around, mouth agape, admiring the CG trees and bugs.

It's very overrated, but I liked the theatrical and director's cuts. Not the movie you want to watch more than maybe once a year, if that, though.

No, I can't stand stories based on that premise and no amount of pretty space forest could entice me to endure it.

Premise as in someone mixing with the natives and joining them against the oppressors? Hell, that plot/premise is in many movies. You could even say that Star Wars was a "fish out of water" tale with a bright eyed farmer worker living with pacifist relatives and meets the rebellion through Obi-Wan and Princess Leia (which could be the Indians in Dances with Wolves or Nav'i in Avatar) and then Luke kind of falls for the "native" girl, Leia (it's not known she is his sister of course) and they fight the Empire (which could be the army in Dances with Wolves or the army in Avatar).

Star Wars, at least ANH anyway, borrowed form a bunch of stuff. The old Flash Gordon serials, WWII flicks and most notably Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. With Flash Gordon and the WWII flicks, I would definitely say homage. The Hidden fortress, he just flat out took the basic plot from that.

Back