Keaton Batman- Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Keaton Batman

Nice Coco! I don't mind the urethane suit cuts because it allows for much greater articulation and with his cape hanging is pretty much hidden. One thing about the Sovereign full body suit is that it is much tougher to get those action poses and with the Joker coming, that restricts a lot of display options. One other thing, I believe the Rojas kit belt may be the same as Shawn's but Shawn's paint apps make it look better. Not sure but it appears that way when you compare pics.

Can't wait to see more action pose pics!

No the suit doesn't cover the whole body. When I got it I was a little disappointed that it didn't but then I got to playing around with him and the mixture of black spandex with the rubber armor just glued on in strategic spots really allows for some nice posing.

As you can see in the picture it breaks at each side then it continues in the back. It also goes from rubber gauntlet to spandex elbow to rubber shoulder and from rubber covered thighs(front part only) to spandex knee with a small piece of rubber over the knee cap and then rubber boots. There is also a break in the armor at the waist which allows for some nice articulation. Plus the neck articulation from side to side.

This is not the perfect Batman that it could of been but I ain't complaining about owning this one.:D The dreamntiger's Bats looks awesome too.

I'll get this guy into the photo cube later on for some more action poses.

Nice site! Does he still take commissions for the Batman Beyond figure?

Ask him Rob. I'm sure he does.

Last edited:

Hard to pick a clear winner out of any of them, the dreamntigers one looks pretty solid... but I think I kinda prefer the fully rubber suit of the Soveriegn.

But if we could get something going for group commission I'd be interested in being involved.

dreamntigers is the same as sovereign studios. That's his ebay id.

edit: I own his Keaton and his Dead End Batman figures. They are both great.

Last edited:

Oh, so he has different version? I thought one of the Sovereigns had a full rubber suit... or maybe that was a different version.

I'm getting so confused by these :lol

Oh, so he has different version? I thought one of the Sovereigns had a full rubber suit... or maybe that was a different version.

I'm getting so confused by these :lol

Sovereign has several Batman versions -- Batman, Batman Returns and a Dark Knight style like Batman Dead End.

Sovereign Batman Keaton does NOT have a full "rubber" suit either. The "rubber" parts are fixed to a black lycra suit. His leggings do go all the way around, but there is no back piece. Also there is a shoulder/tricep rubber piece and the gauntlet but the elbow section is exposed lycra for articulation.

Rojas, at least in some pieces I've seen, uses a vinyl undersuit instead of lycra... which looks better in photos...but does tend to wrinkle in weird ways at the joints.

Personally, I don't like the lycra suit so much because it doesn't match the look of the rubber parts, but it does allow for more articulation.

That said, and as an owner of a Sovereign Batman, I believe it to be the best Batman out there currently.

However, as far as I can tell from the photos I've got of both Rojas and Sovereign Batmen, they are very similar and use the same parts/molds from the Billiken model kit. The real difference is minimal and really gets down to the eye of the beholder.

From Shawn @ Sovereign:

I'm having a new site built right now, should be up in the next month. I'm still doing direct sales, though. The Keaton Batmans are $150.00, $8.00 shipping.
Cheers,
Shawn

I asked if he would do a group rate for us.

More from Shawn.

I did the group thing with Indy a few years ago. I suppose I could do it again. The best I could do is $125.00, depending on the size of the group. The way I did it, I made a list. I would charge two or three guys at a time, make the figures, ship them and move down the list in that way. I'm not a member of the any of the boards, so I would let you handle that, if you're up for it. I have new photos of him, too. Let me know if you'd like a few of those to post over there. I would start the list with you, of course.
Cheers,
Shawn

I don't have time for this. Anyone else up for it?

Even more...
Actually, I never did a version with a removable cowl. It was a solid rubber head with a resin logo and face insert. I know it's a cool idea, in theory. But they never look right with a removable cowl. They never fit well, no matter how you do it, and end up looking like a cheap toy.
Cheers,
Shawn

Paul, I'm interested but I'd need to see Shawn's Batman first.

Here ya go Sean. Shawn said he has new pics as well. I also asked him if he could use the "pebbled pleather cape" instead of the cotton cape...

Yeah, that would be cool, we need to get on this...

Shawn's last Keaton ebay listing (sold by dreamntigers)

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150145162347

So, whom we got on the list so far? Chime in..

I see these, may be more...

Creecher
metaphorge ?
Dekdave
sladesuperagent
galacticboy
maulfan
pjam
Coco (pleather cape only)

Last edited:

I'd be interested in one if he could do a pleather cape.

$125 is a great price. Anobody who thinks they might ever want one should jump on this deal.

Thanks Paul, that looks fantastic I'm definitely into this figure. Keep us posted on the cape material situation and new pictures when they're available.

I'd be interested in one if he could do a pleather cape.

$125 is a great price. Anobody who thinks they might ever want one should jump on this deal.

Agreed. Made my decision a whole lot easier. Shawn paints a beautiful high gloss bat emblem too.

Okay Kids, here's the lowdown from Shawn @ Soveriegn

Yeah, plenty for the group rate. With 8 guys, I wouldn't need you to do a lot of PR. Just get me names/email addresses. You can post the pics, or I can email them to the guys. I don't have a site at the moment, so they're not posted anywhere right now.

I can't get that pebbled material anymore. BUT.... I am using vinyl again, thankfully. It's textured but not quite the same. I know, those cotton capes are terrible, aren't they?

Pic of Vinyl Cape...

batkeaton3.jpg

So I guess we have a choice, vinyl or cotton Cape.

I wonder what it would cost for real leather capes? I asked Shawn if he would consider that or pleather. Can't be much more and not too tough finding suitable material.

LMK what you guys think and where you stand.

PM me with your name and email addy if interested.

Dekdave (PM with info Received)
pjam (I'm in)
Coco (PM with info Received)
Creecher (PM with info Received)
metaphorge ?
sladesuperagent
galacticboy
maulfan

Last edited:

I wonder if Shawn will ever do more charcters from '89 Batman.

I want a Bob figure! Heck I'll take them all.

I'm in. The only thing with Shaun is, you have to be patient. I should know, I have been waiting two and a half years for a Pirate (Jack Sparrow) from him. I dare not push it. I have never received an email from him, and have had to be the one to contact him. He always tells me it's almost there. Time frame. That's all I have to say.

Back