Keaton Batman- Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Keaton Batman

I have one of Alex's earlier Keaton Bats and this one in the auction doesn't even compare. And I agree with others about the neck articulation, Keaton didn't have it in the movie so it's no big deal if the figure doesn't have it either.

As a side note: The only thing I really don't like about my Rojas' Batman is the belt. It's just a flat, urethane belt:monkey2 so if someone knows of anybody who has or can make a nice, sculpted belt for this guy I'm in desperate need of one. Please help!!!!

Re: Alex' Keaton Batman

Something about the face I am not digging.Are there not any better options out there?

Looks nice. But I agree with Miles. There is something about the face I am not digging. It just looks kinda of squished like those puppets that were popular in the 80's... what were those called?.... Spitting Image. Thats what it was called.

Hey P, you ever try that Armor All on your rubber (sic I know)? All I can find is the stuff for cars. I'm not even going to try putting that stuff on mine until I know it won't cause a chemical reaction.

Haven't tried it yet D. But I will be using it, either the wipes or spray. And D, this stuff is made for rubber and vinyl... the brand I'll be using is called "Happy Ending All Purpose Wipes" and is made in the USA by Axis Chemical.

Having seen Les' and other Batman customs, I can say this one isn't so hot. I've seen others with a nice leather/pleather cape that really holds the 89 Keaton Batman look, but this one looks like some floppy generic cape that's mediocre looking to me, if you're going to spend more than $50, I say hold out for top notch.

Like I've mentioned, Alex can make a urethane kit Keaton. I was wondering about the cowl piece he uses for an articulated neck. And you guys are right, the emblem was part of the cowl in the film.

Here is Coco's Rojas...

Been working on my '89 Batman display this morning. I built this little enclosed display case witha plexi glass front months ago but never bothered to put anything in it til now.

Last edited:

Here's a better picture Bats by himself...

Thanks for your comments on the Joker thread Coco. I'll post it here. It answers all my questions so I may go for this. As far as the belt, I would contact Shawn at Soveriegn Studios. His Keaton belt is perfect, nice mold, casting and has a perfect metallic look to it. I'm sure he'll work with you. That is what I plan on doing if I get a Rojas, replace the belt. :D

Yes, mine has neck articulation but when you turn his head the whole cowl moves. So if you want him looking a little to the left or right then the bat symbol gets moved off center like in the picture.

The cape is the pleather and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's of course a bit stiffer than fabric and it's takes a little persuasion in the form of pinching some creases in it to hang closer to the body but it looks awesome.

Other than a slightly sub par paint aps on the face and especially the bat symbol on mine (I repainted it a brighter yellow) and the figure being slightly on the small side (but so was Keaton :D) my biggest gripe about him is the belt. It looks nothing like the one on his web site and has an incredibly cheap look to it in person. The head sculpt however is the best out there IMHO.

I haven't seen the sovereign Bats in person but just judging from the pictures I like Rojas' Batman better, especially the length of the cape and head sculpt.

Last edited:

Thanks for your comments on the Joker thread Coco. I'll post it here. It answers all my questions so I may go for this. As far as the belt, I would contact Shawn at Soveriegn Studios. His Keaton belt is perfect, nice mold, casting and has a perfect metallic look to it. I'm sure he'll work with you. That is what I plan on doing if I get a Rojas, replace the belt. :D

Your welcome! How do I get a hold of Shawn and what is Soveriegn Studios web site? Is it the same as AOT?

Your welcome! How do I get a hold of Shawn and what is Soveriegn Studios web site? Is it the same as AOT?

No, NOT AOT. Don't know site addy. I think they're called dreamntigers on ebay.

Last edited:

I also got Soveriegn Studios 89 & Returns Batman and they are excellent.
I really hope Shawn will produce other movie versions as well.

batman717

If Shawn is willing to do a run of group commissions I'd be down for one.

I'm comparing prices, contacted both Alex and Shawn, but I prefer Coco's Rojas with a better belt... head articulation is important to me, even with the emblem off center issue I think it can look better if shoulders or hips are turned too so it won't be so off center. The Soveriegn is limited with battle poses but is a beautiful figure, but he can only look straight ahead...

I have usually kept up with Shawn and his many sites -- his sites for some reason keep shutting down. The most recent one I had worked until I just checked it for Pjam. It's gone now!

I have no idea how to find him now. Best to contact him via ebay -- dreamintigers.

If I recall, his Batman Keatons were about $125-$150... originally $175.

When I last contacted Rojas, a long time ago granted, he only sold his Batman on ebay and didn't do commission work. That may have changed since.

Certainly if you guys do a group order, I would think you could get some kind of deal -- assuming Shawn or Alex has enough parts to accommodate.

Incidently, I just checked my photo log of Shawn/Sovereign stuff, and he did make an all-rubber cowl back in 2005... meaning a flexible cowl that fit over a Keaton headsculpt. I do remember this on ebay at one time.

Now a flexible removable cowl would be pretty ultimate. Not sure it allows for much neck articulation though -- neck joints just aren't strong enough to hold back a rubber mold that wants to return to its original shape. Still, neat idea.

No the suit doesn't cover the whole body. When I got it I was a little disappointed that it didn't but then I got to playing around with him and the mixture of black spandex with the rubber armor just glued on in strategic spots really allows for some nice posing.

As you can see in the picture it breaks at each side then it continues in the back. It also goes from rubber gauntlet to spandex elbow to rubber shoulder and from rubber covered thighs(front part only) to spandex knee with a small piece of rubber over the knee cap and then rubber boots. There is also a break in the armor at the waist which allows for some nice articulation. Plus the neck articulation from side to side.

This is not the perfect Batman that it could of been but I ain't complaining about owning this one.:D The dreamntiger's Bats looks awesome too.

I'll get this guy into the photo cube later on for some more action poses.

Back