Hello from Tokyo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FilthyCasual

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I started working at a statue/figure company a while back and have been slowly getting sucked into collecting. I am mostly looking for stuff to accompany my videogames. Recently picked up some silicone figures and may seek tips or advice from time to time.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20240121_193122.jpg
    20240121_193122.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240303_182315.jpg
    20240303_182315.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240104_233135.jpg
    20240104_233135.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230915_211325.jpg
    20230915_211325.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Hello! Hope you enjoy the madness here! We are all toy addicts.

Coincidentally I arrived in Tokyo today for brief break from drama in China. Been to pokemon centre, bandai gashapon store, Kiddyland store etc for toy shopping
Yea I need to figure out where to keep all this stuff!

Oh youkoso bro! You've probably hit the cliche tourist spots but just in case... Akihabara is a whole district of toy stores and arcades!

Yea I need to figure out where to keep all this stuff!

Oh youkoso bro! You've probably hit the cliche tourist spots but just in case... Akihabara is a whole district of toy stores and arcades!
Oh yes, will be headed there shortly. Not sure how many times I have been to Japan, maybe this is my 6th??? 7th???? 8th??? Time visiting (maybe call it 7th time) so have natrowed my toy hunting to a few key places. Akihabara used to have more stores pre-pandemic (sadly) but yes, it is still the best location. Radio Kaikan building and Mandarake especially for me. Nakano Broadway is also one of my top locations. Unfortunately have my wife and toddler with me so less toy shopping than usual, more slow walking, more stopping for food and more sightseeing. Which are nice too of course!

Oh yes, will be headed there shortly. Not sure how many times I have been to Japan, maybe this is my 6th??? 7th???? 8th??? Time visiting (maybe call it 7th time) so have natrowed my toy hunting to a few key places. Akihabara used to have more stores pre-pandemic (sadly) but yes, it is still the best location. Radio Kaikan building and Mandarake especially for me. Nakano Broadway is also one of my top locations. Unfortunately have my wife and toddler with me so less toy shopping than usual, more slow walking, more stopping for food and more sightseeing. Which are nice too of course!
Oh wow you've done more sighseeing here than I have then. Yea, brick and mortars took a hit across the globe from the pandemic. Hopefully the future of collecting won't be NFTs amirite?
I've got my first kid on the way, so my itch for collecting will have to take a back seat as well. But it's good to have people in our lives to keep us in check 😉 Enjoy your stay with the fam!

Back