Keaton Batman- Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Keaton Batman

The most recent pic in this thread sold me on it. The vinyl cape actually looks pretty good, that belt is much better than Rojas' belt and plus the fact he's a bit taller than the one I have made it an easy buy.

You're in for another? That's Bat-dication.

You selling the Rojas?

I hope Shawn or somebody makes a Bob figure soon. I'd really like a decent Keaton as Bruce sculpt too.

Everyone interested so far has now provided me Info and I have forwarded it to Shawn. Updated in order of PMs received. Please note this transaction is between you the Buyer and Shawn. Please specify Cape material to him just in case. He's using vinyl pleather now. Paypal recommended.

"I've got some great pleather. That's what I meant when I said vinyl, that's all pleather is. It's nice but has that white furry crap on the back. I'm in the process of "skinning" it now." - Shawn

Sovereign Freaks $125 Plus Shipping Group Rate Order Status
*+1-Dekdave (PM with info Received)
*+2- pjam. Paid.
*+3- Coco Paid.
*4- Creecher (PM with info Received)
*5- maulfan (PM with info Received)
*6 - galacticboy (PM with info Received)
*7- kl241 (PM with info Received) New. DekDave's Friend.
*8- metaphorge (PM with info Received)
*9- sladesuperagent (PM with info Received)
*10- EVILFACE (PM with info Received)
*11- Batman5 (PM with info Received)

* = Info Sent to Shawn.
+ = Contacted by Shawn.

Shawn will do 3 or so at a time.

Last edited:

So what does our timeframe on these look like? I guess I'm in group two.

Can't say, up to Shawn. Coco said he should have his in hand in a couple weeks so I imagine Group 2 will begin well before that.

Paid Shawn today for mine so a couple weeks from now I should have another Keaton Bats in my display.:rock2

Everyone listed so far has now provided me Info and I have forwarded it to Shawn. Updated in order of PMs received. Please note this transaction is between you the Buyer and Shawn. Please specify Cape material to him just in case. He's using vinyl pleather now. Paypal recommended.

"I've got some great pleather. That's what I meant when I said vinyl, that's all pleather is. It's nice but has that white furry crap on the back. I'm in the process of "skinning" it now." - Shawn

Sovereign Freaks $125 Plus Shipping Group Rate Order Status
*+1-Dekdave (PM with info Received)
*+2- pjam. Paid.
*+3- Coco Paid.
*4- Creecher (PM with info Received)
*5- maulfan (PM with info Received)
*6 - galacticboy (PM with info Received)
*7- kl241 (PM with info Received) New. DekDave's Friend.
*8- metaphorge (PM with info Received)
*9- sladesuperagent (PM with info Received)
*10- EVILFACE (PM with info Received)
*11- Batman5 (PM with info Received)
*12 - grangewallis

* = Info Sent to Shawn.
+ = Contacted by Shawn.

Shawn will do 3 or so at a time.

Last edited:

Yeah, Your photo's are awesome and I bet we struggle to tell if they are stills or not! Hopefully you like Batman better than he was in the Movie! :lol

From Shawn: Food for thought...

I just really want this cape thing right. Everyone seems really focused on that.

This is a different vinyl I found yesterday. It's stiffer, but it does have that heave "pebble" texture I feel everyone is looking for. The downside is, this stuff is pretty stiff. It doesn't want to fold back or do anything. What you're looking at is pretty much all it wants to do. It felt really pliable when I was holding the full two yards in my hands, but cut to size, it's stiff. The other stuff that I have to shave is really thin without the fuzzy crap, but doesn't have the thick texture. It still looks like leather, but without that texture. I can go either way, it's up to you. I wanted to know what you preferred before I put him together, and what the other guys might like the best. Let me know.
Cheers,
Shawn

New Stuff

batcape1.jpg

batcape2.jpg

Old Stuff:

batkeaton3.jpg

Personally, the new stuff looks better but the old stuff works better. I prefer material that can hang, drape and and more easily be manipulated for posing.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

I'm with you Paul, the new texture is nicer and closer to the film, but the fuzz material hangs on him more properly, which is the more critical point for me. My vote is the smooth, fuzzy vinyl Shaw first started working with on these for us.

I'm with you Paul, the new texture is nicer and closer to the film, but the fuzz material hangs on him more properly, which is the more critical point for me. My vote is the smooth, fuzzy vinyl Shaw first started working with on these for us.

Yep, that's what I asked for but I want to thank him for making the effort and providing the options for us. Good guy!

Seems Shawn agrees too

Yeah, that's my feeling, too. I think you need something you can work with. If not, might as well not even make figures. Just mount a head and cape on a stick lol

Definitely the OLD STUFF for me. I don't like anything about the "pebbled" material.

Thin vinyl is what I want.

Shawn is the man for going to all this trouble!:rock

Definitely the OLD STUFF for me. I don't like anything about the "pebbled" material.

Thin vinyl is what I want.

Shawn is the man for going to all this trouble!:rock

Agreed Coco, boy it really is a beautiful figure as captured in that second pic, I can't wait for this! :blackbat:cool:

Back