Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one villain he fought was just as much of a threat as thanos and look how much damage thanos caused. He did try to take zod out of the city he tried to fly him out into space (like with doomsday) but zod flew back. I agree maybe the fighting could have been handled differently but if thanos had landed in New York it would have been just as bad as the zod fight- i doubt the avengers would have had time to think about the human casualties with someone that powerful attacking them

The Avengers didn't have to think about it because the writers thought about it for them. :D

They did rush it though. Introducing Flash, Cyborg, Aquamomoa in one movie was a terrible idea. Didn't they force Snyder to have Batman in MOS2 and thus it was changed to BvS?

Flash and Aquamomoa needed their own movies before JL. Same with Batman. Introducing Cyborg would have been fine since his introduction and role played such a huge part of the movie.

It's why The Avengers was such a success. We already knew who Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow were... and to some extent Hawkeye/Hulk.

Right? That's why Guardians of the Galaxy was so unsuccessful as well. You can't just start with a team up movie and introduce everybody in it!

;)

Right? That's why Guardians of the Galaxy was so unsuccessful as well. You can't just start with a team up movie and introduce everybody in it!

;)

Or how bout the prequels. crazy GL just rushed the prequels by throwing in a whole bunch of jedi without properly setting up their characters in solo movies. Shak tii, Qui gon Jin, Mace Windu, Ayala Secura, Baris Offeeeeee who are these jedi and why were they just randomly inserted in a star wars movie. According to Obi wan's own words in the OT Yoda was his master, so where did this Qui gon come from????????????????????????????????????????????

On second thoughts I prefer the original 2017 version

Well I do miss Superman acting with the heroic feats and the Superman puns but I will gladly sacrifice that four times over if it would erase that useless Russian family out of existence..which Zac god bless him..did :hi5:

It's somewhat surprising, but comparing the opening numbers of a movie (especially one that received the amount of press and had the fan base anticipation that ZSJL did) to that of a streaming show is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. As is obvious just by visiting the F&WS thread here, some people plan to wait and binge the whole thing at once, while others know they're likely not in danger of having anything major spoiled if they drag their feet to watch the first episode. It would be curious to see what the numbers look like as the series progresses. My guess is F&WS viewership will ramp up, while ZSJL's will fall off appreciably (which is the norm for practically every movie). I'm not dismissing the movie's achievement, I just don't think that's a proper yardstick.

Well if it's apples to oranges, just let me know what metric you'd like me to use to assess whether or not the ZSJL debut was a success. We're limited when it comes to judging streaming services because of different levels of subscriber bases, company-provided true info coming only when they see fit, and no industry standard ratings system (like Nielsen has been for broadcast and cable).

And please don't misunderstand the comparison to mean that Falcon & Winter Soldier is underperforming. Quite the opposite, in fact! Disney says that F&WS set their streaming debut record for views. It outdrew not only the debut of WandaVision, but also the debuts of Mandalorian Season 1 and Season 2.

So, if Samba TV (providing the viewership metrics in the article I linked) reported that more people watched the Snyder Cut on their digital sets than watched Disney's record-setting debut show, does that not give some indication about whether the Snyder Cut debut was a success or not?

I can't possibly fathom how 1.8 million views over I assume the 4 days (Thursday - Sunday) of opening week is a success. If HBOMax has 40Mil subscribers, that's only 4.5% of HBOMax subscribers watched the Snyder cut. That's it.

Even if we compare the raw number of views at 1.8 million, last week The Equalizer had 11.131 million. So nearly 6x as many people watched Queen Latifah as The Equalizer than people watched the Snyder Cut JL. Queen Latifah!!! :slap

If it was on regular TV, for last week it would've rated 27th behind LA's Finest on FOX. :lol

So, was it really a success? Best comic book movie?? People said the same of BvS. And for me, its pretty low on the list. Bvs is the worst DCEU movie to me that I've seen. I prefered Whedon's JL to BvS.

The 1.8M views is the raw number provided by Samba TV. They gather data directly from their digital sets, which they've got roughly 30-35 million of in households around the world. What I don't know is if that 1.8 million is the raw number of only *their* sets, rather than an extrapolation which would represent the total global audience. I think it is; and if so, the real total raw number would be *much* higher.

Again, though, HBO Max is only available to roughly 40 million subscribers. Even with the other services offering the movie in international markets, it still wasnt as widely available as other content that it's being favorably compared to.

For what its worth

"The #SnyderCut took the worldwide streaming charts by storm!

�� #1 on HBO in 21 countries
�� #1 on iTunes in 24 countries
�� #1 on Google in 25 countries

Also, a huge boost for #BatmanvSuperman, #WonderWoman and even #JusticeLeague (2017) anywhere!"
https://twitter.com/flixpatrol/status/1373397250437709829

Updated as of today see link below
https://flixpatrol.com/title/zack-snyders-justice-league

"Zack Snyder's Justice League streamed 100,000 times in just 3 days
If you thought the hype was restricted to DC fans only, India CLEARLY has a lot of those! Zack Snyder's Justice League has created history on BookMyShow Stream."

"The Snyder Cut, which premiered on HBO Max, was simultaneously released on BookMyShow Stream on March 18, and the film has already surpassed all previous streaming records on the platform, including the total streams for Tenet."

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tv/...-000-times-in-just-3-days-71616396352297.html

?A thousand or so fans.? :rotfl

How did you come to that conclusion? So you mean to tell me that out of the 1.9 million that have watched the Snyder cut that only a thousand or so were Snyder ?fans?? The other 1,899,000 people are just your casual 4 hour movie going audience? That logic just doesn?t make sense.

Lol this kid.... just cause 1.9 million watched it doesn?t mean they are fans or in the Snyder cult. They could of watched it for the first time or been a regular DC fan. The Snyder cut was a event amoung DC fans. Yes the fanbase isn?t that big like it or not.
The 1.9 million could of easily been of been of people like JYE who watched it just to see how it holds up. Also 1.9 million isn?t even that big in terms of box office numbers.

Have several seats buddy

It doesnt help my opinion of him that he refused to bulk up for the role, i am sure the director regrets casting him but he will never publically say this. He has gone on record a few time questioning why batman has to be fit Lol when he just uses gadgets and tech. Not only that but he shut down production for a few months cause he wasnt careful and caught the covid. So we will have a skinny, scrawny batman as long as patman owns the part. I think he will do fine as bruce wayne but as batman not so much-good thing his stunt double will be doing all the work

Bale wasn?t big either. Also that was a rumor. Batman isn?t some hulking beast. He?s supposed to be an acrobatic ninja. Most iterations were him being not so buff. I hate when they try to make Batman this big huge buff guy. It?s stupid.

Lol this kid.... just cause 1.9 million watched it doesn?t mean they are fans or in the Snyder cult. They could of watched it for the first time or been a regular DC fan. The Snyder cut was a event amoung DC fans. Yes the fanbase isn?t that big like it or not.
The 1.9 million could of easily been of been of people like JYE who watched it just to see how it holds up. Also 1.9 million isn?t even that big in terms of box office numbers.

Have several seats buddy

Are you considered a Snyder Zealot if you only like his dc movies, dawn of the dead remake, and 300 but hate his other movies including Owls, sucker punch and watchmen? Is it possible your just a fan of DC characters, sword and sandal and or well made zombie flicks and not a snyder zealot/fan per say?? I am very confused by this people just love snyder more than then the subject of the movie he makes thought process. I dont know anyone that is so obsessed with a director that they will watch the director's movies even if the subject matter/genre is of no interest to them- the director isnt even in the movie to fawn at so what would be the point of doing that??

;)

Because Drax the Destroyer has the same prestige as The Flash....

GOTG have mostly been characters that existed within the team. You don?t have 70+ years of comic history with each of them carrying their own brand. The brand is the team. That isn?t the Justice League, these heroes exist without one another. They are A Tier heroes. To throw in a minute introduction scene for each of them was dumb, especially for Flash. At least Cyborg it made sense.

Or how bout the prequels. crazy GL just rushed the prequels by throwing in a whole bunch of jedi without properly setting up their characters in solo movies. Shak tii, Qui gon Jin, Mace Windu, Ayala Secura, Baris Offeeeeee who are these jedi and why were they just randomly inserted in a star wars movie. According to Obi wan's own words in the OT Yoda was his master, so where did this Qui gon come from????????????????????????????????????????????

What a stupid freaking troll bait argument. How sad the levels you stoop too.

For what its worth

"The #SnyderCut took the worldwide streaming charts by storm!

�� #1 on HBO in 21 countries
�� #1 on iTunes in 24 countries
�� #1 on Google in 25 countries

Also, a huge boost for #BatmanvSuperman, #WonderWoman and even #JusticeLeague (2017) anywhere!"
https://twitter.com/flixpatrol/status/1373397250437709829

Updated as of today see link below
https://flixpatrol.com/title/zack-snyders-justice-league

"Zack Snyder's Justice League streamed 100,000 times in just 3 days
If you thought the hype was restricted to DC fans only, India CLEARLY has a lot of those! Zack Snyder's Justice League has created history on BookMyShow Stream."

"The Snyder Cut, which premiered on HBO Max, was simultaneously released on BookMyShow Stream on March 18, and the film has already surpassed all previous streaming records on the platform, including the total streams for Tenet."

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tv/...-000-times-in-just-3-days-71616396352297.html

Makes sense India likes it. This is the same quality as Bollywood?s top hits! :lol

Have several seats buddy

Or like me who hate watched it with a sliver of hope of it actually being good.

Are you considered a Snyder Zealot if you only like his dc movies, dawn of the dead remake, and 300 but hate his other movies including Owls, sucker punch and watchmen? Is it possible your just a fan of DC characters, sword and sandal and or well made zombie flicks and not a snyder zealot/fan per say?? I am very confused by this people just love snyder more than then the subject of the movie he makes thought process. I dont know anyone that is so obsessed with a director they watch movies just cause they are obsessed or in love with the director regardless oif subject matter of said or genre interests them- the director isnt even in the movie to fawn at so what would be the point of that??

Idk where your getting at. Lol. My thing is that people think he?s deeper than he really is. He?s a good visual director but people act like he makes very deep films. Heard someone say BVS was ahead of its time. In what way? How? It did nothing new nor was it groundbreaking . His other movies are ok but they aren?t like amazing .

The Snyder cut is a good movie but it didn?t have me questioning things or thinking about it in the end . It?s just a well made movie. I see many Snyder fanboys act like the dude broke new ground in cinema and if you don?t understand it your an mcu fanboy. Huh?

Well if it's apples to oranges, just let me know what metric you'd like me to use to assess whether or not the ZSJL debut was a success. We're limited when it comes to judging streaming services because of different levels of subscriber bases, company-provided true info coming only when they see fit, and no industry standard ratings system (like Nielsen has been for broadcast and cable).

And please don't misunderstand the comparison to mean that Falcon & Winter Soldier is underperforming. Quite the opposite, in fact! Disney says that F&WS set their streaming debut record for views. It outdrew not only the debut of WandaVision, but also the debuts of Mandalorian Season 1 and Season 2.

I guess I'd compare it to the numbers for WW84 and Godzilla vs. Kong, as like those two it'll only be available on HBO Max for a limited time (a month I believe) before it's pulled, then it won't return until sometime after they've made it available to purchase on digital & Blu-ray. Given that, fans are likely making sure to watch it multiple times and others are catching it while they can, otherwise they'll be waiting until July (I think) before they can purchase a physical copy. I was going to give WW84 a 2nd viewing back in early February, only to discover it was already off HBO Max. It was probably a blessing :)lol), but I was surprised it was gone. On the other hand, the Disney+ shows aren't going anywhere so there's not the same urgency to watch them ASAP. These new movies coming to streaming services during the pandemic are really in their own vary narrow category.

If this was a big success, it would be all over the Media. This is the problem with streaming, no one knows how to accurately measure it's success based on different metrics than mainstream tv. Broadcast TV wants numbers out in full force. The more viewers, the more advertising dollars they generate based on the ratings. TV shows make money on advertising dollars. Streaming services make money on subscribers and new subscriptions based on exclusive content.

Here's another article...

https://cosmicbook.news/snyder-cut-fails-deliver-hbo-max-worse-wonder-woman-1984

Samba TV, a company that claims to be able to measure TV audiences, says (via Twitter) 1.8 million households tuned in for the Snyder Cut, while Wonder Woman 1984 netted 2.2 million. While the numbers might not exactly be right, what they do estimate is that the Snyder Cut was watched less than WW84.

Again, if WB wasn't happy with WW84's numbers judging by not releasing or promoting anything, how happy could they be about the Snyder Cut numbers?

Also, the article has an update that

WB has rethought its strategy and will now release 2022 movies in theaters first and not on HBO Max at the same time.

On "The Batman" issue, I just don't like Pattinson. I don't think he will be either a good Batman or young Bruce Wayne. But, as far as Batman, he shouldn't be a body builder. Affleck went overboard and was waaaay too big. Batman should be in great peak physical condition, like an olympic gymnast or Martial Artist. Not a bruiser Body Builder. Big muscles lead to minimal flexibility for most. There are exceptions like Michael Jai White. But he was an actual Martial Artist. Affleck was terrible in the fighting scenes. You could tell by his movements. In the beginning of the Theatrical JL when he fought the Parademon, he could'nt even lift his leg above his waste.

Hmmm Wow... Let me think that one through.

Off the top of my head and in no order

1. Avengers
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight
6. Batman Begins
7. Iron Man
8. Wonder Woman
9. Superman: The Movie
10. GOTG
11. Blade 1
12. Blade 2
13. The First Avenger
14. Spider-man Home Coming
15. Spider-Man Far from Home
16. Spider-Man 2
17. The Incredible Hulk
18. The Dark Knight Rises
19. GOTG 2
20. Howard the Duck

Nope does not even make my top 20 :lol

Jk.. I would put it there at the bottom somewhere.. Maybe.. Not in my top 15 but probably would break my top 20.

I say top 10

You gotta say top 20

You wouldn?t hit a guy with glasses would you

1. TWS
2. IW/EG (really one movie)
3. Avengers
4. CW
5. TDK
6. ZSJL
7. IM1
8. STM
9. Blade 1
10. Spiderman 2

That article's source is a Tweet, but the way I understood that Tweet was that Nielsen had not released its numbers, that Tweet thread continued:

As @THR's ratings guy, I've made a decision not to report on these things without at least some data or real points of comparison. "X was bigger than Y," when neither X or Y is known, won't cut it.

He then follows up:

HBO/Warners also won't put numbers to JL, and Nielsen unfortunately doesn't include HBO Max in its weekly streaming report.

So in short, are those numbers even trustworthy? I think Samba TV was analytics software that came with some smart TVs. Does that even cover a wide enough reach to provide reliable numbers?

Have several seats buddy

I just want to know where you got that number from or what you base your “logic” on. If you seriously think that there’s only a thousand or so Snyder fans out there then your out of your mind. Is this coming from the same place in your brain that thinks Puerto Rico is a continent? What constitutes someone as a Snyder fan anyway?

Back