Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've also got to factor in that they'll gauge success not only how many new subscribers were bought in because of it but how many will continue to be subscribed - it's not just a one-off payment, but if they see the other content on the platform and consider it worth sticking around for then ZSJL got those subscribers and will factor in to more retention, ie continuous monthly dollar dollar.

I just cancelled my Disney+ because I wanted it for Mandalorian, I kept it for one more month because Wandavision was out soon after, but didn't really like it that much and the first episode of F+WS wasn't that great so I'll watch it all in one go later, but they got two extra months out of me that they wouldn't have gotten had I not signed up for Mando.

And that's ok:clap

I'm with him on that one, it's definitely one of the best comic book movies yet released.

OK, I was a bit harsh there, wasn't I? :lol Unlike our adorable little Duckling, I can be happy for those such as you who really enjoyed this movie. While I found a few scenes quite satisfying on the whole I found that as a cinematic experience it was decidedly less than the some of its parts. You obviously think otherwise and that's fine by me. I'm a champion of democracy, and in a democracy everyone has the right to be wrong! :duff

So many comparisons I’m seeing on YouTube about the differences between 2017 and Synder Cut

Jeez I didn’t realize the bringing back Superman meeting was done so bad on the Whedon cut :horror

I definitely place ZSJL in my top 10 favorite superhero movie list sniffing lady or not.

Yeah it’s interesting all YouTube reviews love the music in the SC..I just couldn’t get into it , especially for 4 hours :dunno

I can’t believe a lot of people thought the hologram of Superman was Supergirl ..boy did Zac really fool people :lol

Last edited:
Snyder Cut getting more debut views on HBO Max (40M subscribers) than F&WS on Disney+ (100M) is an unqualified success in my book. Particularly because of the context about "newness" versus revised, and the overwhelming popularity of the MCU.

It's somewhat surprising, but comparing the opening numbers of a movie (especially one that received the amount of press and had the fan base anticipation that ZSJL did) to that of a streaming show is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. As is obvious just by visiting the F&WS thread here, some people plan to wait and binge the whole thing at once, while others know they're likely not in danger of having anything major spoiled if they drag their feet to watch the first episode. It would be curious to see what the numbers look like as the series progresses. My guess is F&WS viewership will ramp up, while ZSJL's will fall off appreciably (which is the norm for practically every movie). I'm not dismissing the movie's achievement, I just don't think that's a proper yardstick.

I'm curious -- how is this a success? I mean, is it based on weekend downloads? If so, how many were there?

Well, others already answered, but regardless of final numbers (which I do believe will be pretty good for such an endeavour), the buzz and positive critical reception are a success in and of themselves.

It’s unfortunate that F& WS debuted when SC did but it doesn’t surprise me that it placed second in ratings

F & WS theme isn’t that appealing to a lot viewers..( don’t get me wrong..it’s good) but it really its not the type of show that has special meaning unless you like the characters and spy vibe

I think if WandaVision premiered when the SC did I think it would’ve matched the ratings because shows about magic and the supernatural always gain the general public interest.

Can someone explain to me why warner doesnt want to do part 2 or 3 after seeing the reception to zacks JL thus far? Aren't they all for the multiverse, multiple earths and making money?? They have the ****ing flash, he can reset or change reality anytime they want so why not just have him reset this **** once its finished and or just call it earth ****ing 3 once he unlocks the multiverse in his solo movie. I could care less what they do to retcon this universe but people want to see it end, not taking advantage of a sure money maker especially when the majority of people finally like one of their movies seems like the dumbest business decision. They can literally have their cake (their black superman movie et el) and eat (ZS justice league 2-3) it too. ITs like they hate their fans or they hate the fact they were wrong and zack was right. I dont know what the hell is wrong with them. All these movies and characters can coexist in the multiverse especially when you have a character at your disposal that can "change the past, change the future" any time he (WB) wants too.

Sadly, Nobody gives a **** about wonder woman 3 (especially after that horrible sequel), aquaman 2, or sparkling Patman and his lame patmobile, they want to see part 2 of justice league but warner be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO darth vader style.

Keep in mind that the 1.8M viewers for "opening weekend" was for a director's cut of a movie that already had a theatrical release in 2017. Most normies aren't in the know about just how different the Snyder Cut is. So there wouldn't be mass general audience demand for a 4-hour cut of a movie they didn't originally care for.

This isn't anything like WW84, which was a *brand new* follow-up to a movie that had been much better received. If both the Snyder Cut and WW84 were released exclusively in theaters, WW84 would've doubled or tripled the ZSJL opening weekend box office revenue, no matter how awful WW84 ended up being.

Snyder Cut getting more debut views on HBO Max (40M subscribers) than F&WS on Disney+ (100M) is an unqualified success in my book. Particularly because of the context about "newness" versus revised, and the overwhelming popularity of the MCU.

And as GaryPool noted, we're still not sure if that 1.8M number includes European and other markets watching from a platform other than HBO Max.

The streaming industry will be seeing lots of changes. Licensing, ad revenue, subscriber costs and terms . . . these will all be changing as it officially takes over as the dominant media delivery system.

Gonna be tough to truly gauge that number, though. When Warner provides future subscriber numbers, it's gonna be a bit complicated to parse out how many signed up for ZSJL and then cancelled almost immediately thereafter. I don't think I'm the only one who is doing that. :lol

There was going to be some level of continued subscriber growth for the HBO Max platform regardless. How much has the upcoming Godzilla movie added in the same period? How about other upcoming original content? It's tough to separate with any level of certainty.

Agreed.

Although it should be simpler to sort the last part out -- the actual viewership for a single entity. Sign-ups and log in are tracked. Just need an algorithm to discover who watched when, and who of those dropped the service swiftly after. I'm certain they have people that can quantify that for them fairly swiftly, but they'd never express that information to the general public. Its like Facebook's Pavlov inducements -- it won't make the news until someone gets out and tells of the secrets.

At the end of the day, 1.8 million views is not that impressive in a country of 325+ million and many of them with nothing to do because of a pandemic.

One day there will be the Star Wars-sized hit that will get 170 million views in one weekend or more.

I see the benchmarks going like the blockbusters did - first to 10 million views, then 25 million views, then 50... then the big one, 100 million views. And on it will go.

The good money is still in pay-per-view opening weekend, whatever they will call it.

Revenge of the Snyderverse

Snyder Fans: You're with him! You brought him here to kill me! [Begins Force-choking Warner Brothers]

Warner Brothers: No!

Normal DC Fans: Let WB go, Snyder Fans!

Warner Brothers: Snyder Fans...

Normal DC Fans: Let... WB... go!

[Snyder Fans releases WB]

Snyder Fans: You turned them against me!

Normal DC Fans: You have done that yourself.

Snyder Fans: You will not take them from me!

Normal DC Fans: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that. You have allowed this Dark Lord Snyder to twist your mind, until
now- now, you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Snyder Fans: Don't lecture me, Normal DC Fans. I see through the lies of Warner Brothers. I do not fear the Snyderverse as you do! I have brought epicness, art, justice, and quality to my new Franchise!

Normal DC Fans: Your new Franchise?

Snyder Fans: Don't make me retcon you.

Normal DC Fans: Snyder Fans, my allegiance is to DC Comics, to good movies!

Snyder Fans: If you're not with me, then you're my enemy!

Normal DC Fans: Only a Snyder Fan deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

Snyder Fans: You will try.

Normal DC Fans: I have failed you, Snyder Fans. I have failed you.

Snyder Fans: I should have known Warner Brothers were plotting to take over!

Normal DC Fans: Snyder Fans, Director Snyder is evil!

Snyder Fans: From my point of view, Warner Brothers are evil!

Normal DC Fans: Well, then, you are lost!

Normal DC Fans: It's over, Snyder Fans. I hold the IP ground.

Snyder Fans: You underestimate my power!

Normal DC Fans: Don't try it.

Snyder Fans: #RestoreTheSnyderVerse

[Normal DC Fans has cut off Snyder?s vision and part of his remaining good movie. Snyder Fans are struggling near the HBO Max Subscriber
screen as Warner Brothers says that there is no more Snyderverse]

Normal DC Fans: [anguished] You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the negative opinions surrounding our cinematic universe, not create more! Bring balance to the DCEU, not leave it in darkness. [picks up Snyder?s Justice League 2 script]

Snyder Fans: I HATE YOU!!!

Normal DC Fans: You were my brother, Snyder Fans... I loved you. [leaves as Snyder Fans, now too close to cancellation screen, screams in anger]

Well, ajp and I did take you up on the discussion and you've ignored us... :dunno

tenor.gif

I definitely place ZSJL in my top 10 favorite superhero movie list sniffing lady or not.

Hmmm Wow... Let me think that one through.

Off the top of my head and in no order

1. Avengers
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight
6. Batman Begins
7. Iron Man
8. Wonder Woman
9. Superman: The Movie
10. GOTG
11. Blade 1
12. Blade 2
13. The First Avenger
14. Spider-man Home Coming
15. Spider-Man Far from Home
16. Spider-Man 2
17. The Incredible Hulk
18. The Dark Knight Rises
19. GOTG 2
20. Howard the Duck

Nope does not even make my top 20 :lol

Jk.. I would put it there at the bottom somewhere.. Maybe.. Not in my top 15 but probably would break my top 20.

So... 1.8 million views equals success. This will be a good measuring tool for the future. Lets see how this changes over time.

I wonder how many NEW subscribers were brought in for Zach's little world? That would be the only genuine way to measure true success.

I can't possibly fathom how 1.8 million views over I assume the 4 days (Thursday - Sunday) of opening week is a success. If HBOMax has 40Mil subscribers, that's only 4.5% of HBOMax subscribers watched the Snyder cut. That's it.

Even if we compare the raw number of views at 1.8 million, last week The Equalizer had 11.131 million. So nearly 6x as many people watched Queen Latifah as The Equalizer than people watched the Snyder Cut JL. Queen Latifah!!! :slap

If it was on regular TV, for last week it would've rated 27th behind LA's Finest on FOX. :lol

So, was it really a success? Best comic book movie?? People said the same of BvS. And for me, its pretty low on the list. Bvs is the worst DCEU movie to me that I've seen. I prefered Whedon's JL to BvS.

Hmmm Wow... Let me think that one through.

Off the top of my head and in no order

1. Avengers
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight
6. Batman Begins
7. Iron Man
8. Wonder Woman
9. Superman: The Movie
10. GOTG
11. Blade 1
12. Blade 2
13. The First Avenger
14. Spider-man Home Coming
15. Spider-Man Far from Home
16. Spider-Man 2
17. The Incredible Hulk
18. The Dark Knight Rises
19. GOTG 2
20. Howard the Duck

Nope does not even make my top 20 :lol

Jk.. I would put it there at the bottom somewhere.. Maybe.. Not in my top 15 but probably would break my top 20.

Sharks don't have favourite films :mad:

This is why they call the fandom toxic, you got the geniuses on the internet complaining and making death threats to executives about continuing the Snyder verse.

HBO is a subdivision of Warner brothers, Warner brothers falls under time Warner media which is owned by ATT, just like their acquisition of Direct tv once again they have no ****ing idea how to manage their licenses and their stock sits at 30 bucks, you got Wall Street firms telling them how to run their business, the company will be like we will take it under consideration but yet at the end of the day nothing changes.

I?ve been a fan of CBM way back when CBM were a niched nerd audience, I give equal love to Marvel or DC I do not discriminate but common the would have and could have beens is what kill me here.

Just like hot toys and their character selection, everyone is playing it comfortable and no one wants to take risks, now I get it WB shot themselves in the foot by moving WW84(it?s estimated that pushing dates back adds another 50 million to their debt) Hollywood at this rate I feel like they won?t ever play it safe.

That?s Disney?s formulas but still, looking at the word in a macro view and the current spikes of covid lockdowns across the world, streaming is their safest bet but still, they could earn more subscribers with that logic since when you think about wandavision/falcon and the winter soldier?s runtimes averages close to a 4 hour movie if you binge but you know [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back