Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HBO/MAX decides to take over the snyderverse I’m fine with it. I’m not going back to the theaters for probably another couple of years :lecture

You need to accept this as a gift, that you even got to see the movie as it was originally intended by Snyder.

I'm sure Snyder fans, and Snyder himself, are grateful for the opportunity. It's actually turned out better than it otherwise would have, with two versions to choose from.

...said absolutely no one except you. :D

Said me too (but you already knew that... ;) )

And said nearly 100% of RT respondents (I know those figures are rubbery, but hey...)

I'm sure Snyder fans, and Snyder himself, are grateful for the opportunity. It's actually turned out better than it otherwise would have, with two versions to choose from.

Said me too (but you already knew that... ;) )

And said nearly 100% of RT respondents (I know those figures are rubbery, but hey...)

You have to remember this movie isn't being reviewed solely on its own merits, but to the merits of another film. They are comparing **** to a polished turd. Of course the polished turd is going to be better.

Remove the Josstice League film in 2017 and those reviews aren't near as high as they currently are.

You have to remember this movie isn't being reviewed solely on its own merits, but to the merits of another film. They are comparing **** to a polished turd. Of course the polished turd is going to be better.

Remove the Josstice League film in 2017 and those reviews aren't near as high as they currently are.

You can say that about all DC films except instead of being compared to another DC movie they are compared to Marvel- which is why critics started lambasting the universe from the get go. It was too dark it wasn't popcorn fun like marvel, they rushed it ect. ectl blah blah blah.

Just a small example of the bias

Man of Steel - Critics lambast movie for too much carnage to a fake city invoking nightmares of 911

Avengers- Avengers battle alien invaders in actual New York city which is destroyed in the process but it received virtually no criticism from critics for invoking such imagery in the city where said event actually happened

You can say that about all DC films except instead of being compared to another DC movie they are compared to Marvel. This why critics started lambasting the universe from the get go. It was too dark it wasn't popcorn fun like marvel, they rushed it ect. ectl blah blah blah.

They did rush it though. Introducing Flash, Cyborg, Aquamomoa in one movie was a terrible idea. Didn't they force Snyder to have Batman in MOS2 and thus it was changed to BvS?

Flash and Aquamomoa needed their own movies before JL. Same with Batman. Introducing Cyborg would have been fine since his introduction and role played such a huge part of the movie.

It's why The Avengers was such a success. We already knew who Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow were... and to some extent Hawkeye/Hulk.

Man of Steel - Critics lambast movie for too much carnage to a fake city invoking nightmares of 911

Avengers- Avengers battle kree in actual New York city which is destroyed in the process but it received virtually no criticism from critics for invoking such imagery in the city where the event actually happened

I don't think you can really compare the two equally. Avengers was an alien invasion taking place over the city. An entire Alien Armada, the Chitauri, which Iron Man finally stopped and nearly sacrificed himself before an entire second wave came through.

Superman fought one villain, Zod. Equal in power and abilities. He could've somehow tried to take the fight out of the city, but he didn't. 2 people destroyed buildings and caused casualties, vs a mass alien invasion rampaging through out the city involving maybe thousands...

Two very different scenarios.

They did rush it though. Introducing Flash, Cyborg, Aquamomoa in one movie was a terrible idea. Didn't they force Snyder to have Batman in MOS2 and thus it was changed to BvS?

Flash and Aquamomoa needed their own movies before JL. Same with Batman. Introducing Cyborg would have been fine since his introduction and role played such a huge part of the movie.

It's why The Avengers was such a success. We already knew who Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow were... and to some extent Hawkeye/Hulk.

You cannot say something is being rushed if you do not give it a chance to fully grow before you pull the plug. Its pretty obvious zack had a huge story mapped out but we only got to his 2nd movie (not even fully through it cause they started meddling) before they started interfering and eventually pulled the plug. How can you say it wouldnt have been successful when we only got 2 movies. The first thor movie wasnt that good, if disney pulled the plug on the universe after thor then we wouldnt have gotton to know any of these characters besides cap and iron man. You have to give this **** time to breath and stick with the story you mapped out and not jump ship so fast. Morever, everyone already knows who batman and superman are its not like marvel characters that werent really known by the GP until the MCU took off

Can someone explain to me why warner doesnt want to do part 2 or 3 after seeing the reception to zacks JL thus far? Aren't they all for the multiverse, multiple earths and making money?? They have the ****ing flash, he can reset or change reality anytime they want so why not just have him reset this **** once its finished and or just call it earth ****ing 3 once he unlocks the multiverse in his solo movie. I could care less what they do to retcon this universe but people want to see it end, not taking advantage of a sure money maker especially when the majority of people finally like one of their movies seems like the dumbest business decision. They can literally have their cake (their black superman movie et el) and eat (ZS justice league 2-3) it too. ITs like they hate their fans or they hate the fact they were wrong and zack was right. I dont know what the hell is wrong with them. All these movies and characters can coexist in the multiverse especially when you have a character at your disposal that can "change the past, change the future" any time he (WB) wants too.

Sadly, Nobody gives a **** about wonder woman 3 (especially after that horrible sequel), aquaman 2, or sparkling Patman and his lame patmobile, they want to see part 2 of justice league but warner be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO darth vader style.

Actually people are excited about the Batman . The trailer garnered lots of views and attention. See this is the thing. You don?t speak for all DC fans. Most DC fans want a fresh start. Not all DC fans are Snyder fans.
Like it or not the Snyder fanbase is small and niche. It doesn?t have billions or millions it has about a thousand or so fans.

The people who aren?t Snyder fans I?ve seen like the movie but don?t think it?s some masterpiece like a lot of u say. It?s just a meh to good movie and they move on.

I don?t know where you got people aren?t excited about the Batman or other DC projects when people loved the trailer and wanted more and it?s probably the most anticipated movie of next year.

Again not every DC fan is a Snyder fan. They don?t mind a change or they didn?t like his vision .

Hmmm Wow... Let me think that one through.

Off the top of my head and in no order

1. Avengers
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight
6. Batman Begins
7. Iron Man
8. Wonder Woman
9. Superman: The Movie
10. GOTG
11. Blade 1
12. Blade 2
13. The First Avenger
14. Spider-man Home Coming
15. Spider-Man Far from Home
16. Spider-Man 2
17. The Incredible Hulk
18. The Dark Knight Rises
19. GOTG 2
20. Howard the Duck

Nope does not even make my top 20 :lol

Jk.. I would put it there at the bottom somewhere.. Maybe.. Not in my top 15 but probably would break my top 20.

I don?t know where it lands for me but definitely thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it and thought it was better than most mcu trash that try and be funny all the time. But it?s no masterpiece or greatest comic book film of all time. Far from it actually. Still a well made movie

People said the same about Keaton. Also, the new music in '89 threw everybody... now, its hard to imagine Batman in your head without that Elfman score in there somewhere.

I'm like you, I'm not expecting too much... but history has a way of repeating itself when you least expect it.

One thing I do like -- this Seven style take on the Riddler. Really creepy, really cool. Hope it plays. I also like the new Batmobile... I like that its a car again, not a tank or moonbuggy or crazy Hot Wheels toy.

I really dont like Pattinson from the twighlight days, maybe he will surprise me but ya i dont like the new batmobile either- but that is just a mater of taste, i'm sure some like the look of it

Have u seen his movies outside of twilight? And the bat mobile is ok. It?s not supposed to be a fancy looking death machine but a muscle car.

tenor.gif

Oh dear... so much for intelligent discussion. Why doesn't it surprise me.
I suppose the clever nuances of that gif escape me.

Actually people are excited about the Batman . The trailer garnered lots of views and attention. See this is the thing. You don?t speak for all DC fans. Most DC fans want a fresh start. Not all DC fans are Snyder fans.
Like it or not the Snyder fanbase is small and niche. It doesn?t have billions or millions it has about a thousand or so fans.

The people who aren?t Snyder fans I?ve seen like the movie but don?t think it?s some masterpiece like a lot of u say. It?s just a meh to good movie and they move on.

I don?t know where you got people aren?t excited about the Batman or other DC projects when people loved the trailer and wanted more and it?s probably the most anticipated movie of next year.

Again not every DC fan is a Snyder fan. They don?t mind a change or they didn?t like his vision .

Agreed. I like Snyder's take on the DC heroes and I'm still very much looking forward to Pattinson's Batman.

It doesnt help my opinion of him that he refused to bulk up for the role, i am sure the director regrets casting him but he will never publically say this. He has gone on record a few time questioning why batman has to be fit Lol when he just uses gadgets and tech. Not only that but he shut down production for a few months cause he wasnt careful and caught the covid. So we will have a skinny, scrawny batman as long as patman owns the part. I think he will do fine as bruce wayne but as batman not so much-good thing his stunt double will be doing all the work

Is it better than Batman '89, Batman Returns and Batman Forever since those didn't make your list, JAWS?

Those films have not aged well... Ive never been a huge fan of 89 though try as I might back in the day.. Batman Returns is the best of those... But yeah.. I think JL is better then all three..

Sharks don't have favourite films :mad:

:lol :lol

Avengers- Avengers battle kree in actual New York city which is destroyed in the process but it received virtually no criticism from critics for invoking such imagery in the city where said event actually happened

The focus of the Avengers team was to save the people. There are many scenes of them doing just that.

In MOS you have Zod throwing a truck at Superman and Superman casual leaps over it and the building behind him blows up and crumbles down...

Superman and Lois kiss in the ashes of the dead.

I thought the first hour of MOS was solid though.. Still needed to give me a reason to care about and identify with Supermen.

B V S has all sorts of issues. The film rushing everything being the main one. Nothing was earned in that film.. Its a mess of a story and the final 15 min are some of the worst stuff in all of Comic films.

I did find enjoyment of it the first time I watched it though.. But it does not hold up. Even the R cut is nothing special to me.

ZS really does not seem to have a handle on these characters...

He was just IMO the wrong man for the job... And WB was just too busy trying to catch up with MCU

Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

"Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it high-brow comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into normal comic books, but I was all like, No one is having sex or killing each other. This isnt really doing it for me. I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, -This is more my scene.

You cannot say something is being rushed if you do not give it a chance to fully grow before you pull the plug. Its pretty obvious zack had a huge story mapped out but we only got to his 2nd movie (not even fully through it cause they started meddling) before they started interfering and eventually pulled the plug. How can you say it wouldnt have been successful when we only got 2 movies. The first thor movie wasnt that good, if disney pulled the plug on the universe after thor then we wouldnt have gotton to know any of these characters besides cap and iron man. You have to give this **** time to breath and stick with the story you mapped out and not jump ship so fast. Morever, everyone already knows who batman and superman are its not like marvel characters that werent really known by the GP until the MCU took off

They rushed it. They pulled the plug because it was rushed. They gave it what four movies and it was a disaster for three of them. The thing about Marvel was that the movies were positively received. No mix or negative reviews. They had a plan and they stuck to it. DC never had a plan.

Yup. Henry Cavill said it was niche too. The Batman is what can save DC's cinematic goals. Not Snyder.

I don?t know where it lands for me but definitely thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it and thought it was better than most mcu trash that try and be funny all the time. But it?s no masterpiece or greatest comic book film of all time. Far from it actually. Still a well made movie

What Marvel movies are below this for you?

Oh dear... so much for intelligent discussion. Why doesn't it surprise me.
I suppose the clever nuances of that gif escape me.

:lol That was a prick reply by me, it made me laugh. I apologize. I'll respond over the weekend when I have more free time and attention to actually think and give a decent reply that you deserve.

It doesnt help my opinion of him that he refused to bulk up for the role, i am sure the director regrets casting him but he will never publically say this. He has gone on record a few time questioning why batman has to be fit Lol when he just uses gadgets and tech. Not only that but he shut down production for a few months cause he wasnt careful and caught the covid. So we will have a skinny, scrawny batman as long as patman owns the part.

Better than chubby cheeks Ben.

I don't think you can really compare the two equally. Avengers was an alien invasion taking place over the city. An entire Alien Armada, the Chitauri, which Iron Man finally stopped and nearly sacrificed himself before an entire second wave came through.

Superman fought one villain, Zod. Equal in power and abilities. He could've somehow tried to take the fight out of the city, but he didn't. 2 people destroyed buildings and caused casualties, vs a mass alien invasion rampaging through out the city involving maybe thousands...

Two very different scenarios.

That one villain he fought was just as much of a threat as thanos and look how much damage thanos caused. He did try to take zod out of the city he tried to fly him out into space (like with doomsday) but zod flew back. I agree maybe the fighting could have been handled differently but if thanos had landed in New York it would have been just as bad as the zod fight- i doubt the avengers would have had time to think about the human casualties with someone that powerful attacking them

“A thousand or so fans.” :rotfl

How did you come to that conclusion? So you mean to tell me that out of the 1.9 million that have watched the Snyder cut that only a thousand or so were Snyder “fans?” The other 1,899,000 people are just your casual 4 hour movie going audience? That logic just doesn’t make sense.

Back