Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

Is the movie actually going to be in 4:3 aspect ratio?

All the footage they've shown so far is in that format.

Edit: IMDB lists it as 1:33:1, so I guess so. That's a weird choice for a movie like this.

And the Joker looks like someone that just desperately needs some chapstick and a good night's sleep

Can't say I'm surprised users on the freaks forum would dislike this.

For myself, this new trailer is incredible and is really a testament to how insanely different this is going to be from the 2017 film. I am crazy hyped. Does it look like the movie has a lot crammed into it? Sure, but it's also 4 hours long which I am totally there for. Snyder goes for epic cinema and this looks to be just that.

Though Joker literally saying "We live in a society" is going to be memed to death. I could do without that but it also just adds to the legacy of Leto's Joker. :rotfl

Why is the aspect ratio from a 1955 tv sitcom

This is supposed to be his CINEMATIC magnum opus is it not

Why does Wandavision look more cinematic

What is he up too i?m confused

They added a new playable character to Injustice Gods Amongst Us :yess:

AA264D6F-C0D8-436D-AD2B-A84A45F771C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Wandavision has pretty questionable CG. Visions cape in the last episode was atrocious.

Can you stop ******** on it? We get it already.

Isn?t it the IMax aspect ratio, so there?s more on screen?

I haven?t seen the trailer yet, is it spoilery?

Wandavision has pretty questionable CG. Visions cape in the last episode was atrocious.

I have actually been impressed with the CGI in it so far. It seems on level with the movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Affleck Batman the better. I can't believe a lot of people didn't make a big deal about how bad Affleck looked in the plane scene when he was shaving. And the WW scene fixing his arm. You know he went to battle for Zack's cut at the time and knew Joss would destroy the movie. He obviously didn't take it well.

Just saw this after I asked you to elaborate.

Okay, here's my opinion on this:

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Even good and great ideas. Execution is hard. That's what helps to make great art.

The subtext running through these films isn't exactly subtle but it doesn't need to be, that's not my issue. I think Snyder executed poorly. If it works for you, great, enjoy it.

I actually liked Man Of Steel for a lot of reasons, but for me it failed primarily on Pa Costner's manner of death, and secondarily on the drawn-out boring city-destroying battle that A LOT of superhero films fail with.

Although I read Superman comics from childhood to about the age of 15, I didn't have a big problem with him killing Zod in the film, just the way that fight played out.

And I also understand Snyder was taking risks, but the answer is in the word 'risk' -- sometimes you fail.

Man Of Steel isn't terrible but it's kind of mediocre for me with some high points thrown in.

Thanks for taking the time, and sorry for coming on so aggressively.

I agree with you on ideas vs. execution and clearly I prefer Snyder's execution (and the ideas he's exploring) more than the usual MCU fare, even though I agree that Snyder doesn't always execute his ideas in the best manner possible.

Take for example Iron Man. I think that movie is brilliant, easily among the MCU's best, because it explores a lot of interesting ideas about capitalism, the military-industrial complex and morality in a very overt way, and that makes the movie so much more interesting than, say, Thor: Ragnarok, where slavery and genocide are mostly played for laughs when there are some deep moral issues that could be explored.
Or, staying on the subject of Thor, look at how the MCU completely glosses over the fact of ancient gods being real and how that would have an effect on people's perception of the world, not to speak of extra-terrestrial life. There's not even a hint at that in any of the MCU movies, and I think they are the poorer for that. Again, look at Iron Man: it tackles deep, real world subjects and does it within the friendly MCU format.
Now, I'm not saying the MCU never explores deeper ideas, it does, like in TWS or CW, but they are explored so far removed from "the common man" that they become empty exercises played out in a sort of vacuum. Compare that to Snyder's exploration on what it means to be superhuman in MoS, or the impact it has on the world in BvS, or how constant vigilantism and brutality affects a man in BvS. Does Snyder sometimes go overboard with his bombastic and overly dramatic style? Of course he does, but that's his style, so I guess we're stuck with it :lol

When the MCU takes a chance and decides to really explore deeper ideas, they do it great, like the first half of EG. I loved how the movie explores grief both on a world- and personal level. Unfortunately then it goes into a greatest hits montage but at least they took a serious look at life post-apocalypse for a while.

Anyway, :duff

Can't say I'm surprised users on the freaks forum would dislike this.

For myself, this new trailer is incredible and is really a testament to how insanely different this is going to be from the 2017 film. I am crazy hyped. Does it look like the movie has a lot crammed into it? Sure, but it's also 4 hours long which I am totally there for. Snyder goes for epic cinema and this looks to be just that.

Though Joker literally saying "We live in a society" is going to be memed to death. I could do without that but it also just adds to the legacy of Leto's Joker. :rotfl

Yep, but I would say the majority of folks here also dislike MOS and BvS. I have been pretty stoked since the announcement. I think the trailer was great. I hope it does well enough that we get a JL Darkseid film.

More Affleck Batman the better. I can't believe a lot of people didn't make a big deal about how bad Affleck looked in the plane scene when he was shaving. And the WW scene fixing his arm. You know he went to battle for Zack's cut at the time and knew Joss would destroy the movie. He obviously didn't take it well.

He was drinking heavily at the time. He's back on the mend now though, and currently getting back in shape for the Flash.

Looks very interesting. Joker looks great. Still not convinced it will be a game changer tho

Can you stop ******** on it? We get it already.

Hey I still think the HT BvS Batman posed next to the JW JL Batmobile is the most bad ass superhero related collectible ever made and destroys every HT MCU collectible INCLUDING the HB!

See i’m not that bad lol

Isn?t it the IMax aspect ratio, so there?s more on screen?

I haven?t seen the trailer yet, is it spoilery?

I have actually been impressed with the CGI in it so far. It seems on level with the movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's IMAX.

Save it for the Imax screen it doesn’t work at home on our wide screen tvs

I was fully on board after watching MOS when it came out. I still really like it as a stand alone movie. Too bad we got the current dceu.

I like MOS as well...

In fact, it's the only DCEU movie I've watched multiple times. :lol

I can honestly say I enjoy it. I think Cavil made a great Superman & Clark Kent.

I didn't mind it was dark. It was about Clark finding himself and his place in the world that at the time he feared. It was a dark time for him. But by the end, the final scene was literally him smiling with the sun shining and felt like the traditional Superman we should've had going forward. Clark embracing his human side and choosing to be Earth and it's people's protector.

But then BvS came out and Snyder made him even more mopey than he was in MOS... :slap

Save it for the Imax screen it doesn’t work at home on our wide screen tvs

It'll be 1.66:1 on HBO Max. Black bars are on the side but much less so.

edit: Snyder said this in June. So it might actually be 1.33:1 as in the trailer.

Last edited:

Looks very interesting. Joker looks great.

The only downside to the nightmare Joker scene is that it isn't real, so Batman and Joker having a meaningful conversation or teaming up it really means nothing. :(

Having said that, I think his voice sounds better than it did in SS.

Trailer looks amazing interested to see Snyders full vision.

Back