Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

The only downside to the nightmare Joker scene is that it isn't real, so Batman and Joker having a meaningful conversation or teaming up it really means nothing. :(

Having said that, I think his voice sounds better than it did in SS.

The movie also isnt real and everything that happens really means nothing.

The trailer has me sufficiently interested. That's a weird aspect ratio though....

Though Joker literally saying "We live in a society" is going to be memed to death. I could do without that but it also just adds to the legacy of Leto's Joker. :rotfl

Apparently this has been a whole big thing, this ''we live in a society''. I completely missed it :dunno

Thanks for taking the time, and sorry for coming on so aggressively.

Ah, no worries. It's just movie talk. :duff

[...]Take for example Iron Man. I think that movie is brilliant, easily among the MCU's best, because it explores a lot of interesting ideas about capitalism, the military-industrial complex and morality in a very overt way, and that makes the movie so much more interesting than, say, Thor: Ragnarok, where slavery and genocide are mostly played for laughs when there are some deep moral issues that could be explored.

Spot on, Marvel tends to keep things light which is fine, but not all superhero properties need to be that way.

Or, staying on the subject of Thor, look at how the MCU completely glosses over the fact of ancient gods being real and how that would have an effect on people's perception of the world, not to speak of extra-terrestrial life. There's not even a hint at that in any of the MCU movies, and I think they are the poorer for that.

In the MCU humans kind of roll with it; superheroes and god-like beings (and aliens) being treated more or less like celebrities. I'm not sure how they could fit in a deeper dive although at this point, they have enough backstory to use. Maybe it's not out of the question for some future property.

Does Snyder sometimes go overboard with his bombastic and overly dramatic style? Of course he does, but that's his style, so I guess we're stuck with it :lol

Which is kind of where I take issue with him; I feel like he's a grown-ass man that shops at Hot Topic or something. If he dialed it back a little I'd be more forgiving but I'm not sure he has it in him. It seems to be the way he wants to treat comic book properties so -- yeah -- stuck with it.

They might as well just make a live action Batman series on HBO Max. Start with Year One and Year Zero Comic storylines and slowly build the world/introduce the family. Get someone young enough who can grow with the role. Begin introducing members of the league and have movies spin off from the TV show. Would be bigger than The Mandalorian if done properly.

But nah, let’s polish **** from a dying cinematic universe.

Been wanting a live action Batman tv show for years but instead we get Arrow and Gotham and Pennyworth and Titans. Just dancing around what everyone really wants. But if the rumors of Batman the animated series coming back are true, I’ll be content with that.

Ah, no worries. It's just movie talk. :duff

Spot on, Marvel tends to keep things light which is fine, but not all superhero properties need to be that way.

In the MCU humans kind of roll with it; superheroes and god-like beings (and aliens) being treated more or less like celebrities. I'm not sure how they could fit in a deeper dive although at this point, they have enough backstory to use. Maybe it's not out of the question for some future property.

Which is kind of where I take issue with him; I feel like he's a grown-ass man that shops at Hot Topic or something. If he dialed it back a little I'd be more forgiving but I'm not sure he has it in him. It seems to be the way he wants to treat comic book properties so -- yeah -- stuck with it.

Speaking of hot topic you should see the edge lord fanboys on Facebook. They really think cause it?s dark it?s mature and sophisticated and everything that came before was to lighthearted. Snyder isn?t even that damn dark lol

Speaking of hot topic you should see the edge lord fanboys on Facebook. They really think cause it?s dark it?s mature and sophisticated and everything that came before was to lighthearted. Snyder isn?t even that damn dark lol

When I was 15-17 I probably would have thought so too. :lol

Been wanting a live action Batman tv show for years but instead we get Arrow and Gotham and Pennyworth and Titans. Just dancing around what everyone really wants. But if the rumors of Batman the animated series coming back are true, I’ll be content with that.

Wait what? They really bring back BTAS??? Damn that would be amazing!

Can't say I'm surprised users on the freaks forum would dislike this.

For myself, this new trailer is incredible and is really a testament to how insanely different this is going to be from the 2017 film. I am crazy hyped. Does it look like the movie has a lot crammed into it? Sure, but it's also 4 hours long which I am totally there for. Snyder goes for epic cinema and this looks to be just that.

Though Joker literally saying "We live in a society" is going to be memed to death. I could do without that but it also just adds to the legacy of Leto's Joker. :rotfl

Apparently this has been a whole big thing, this ''we live in a society''. I completely missed it :dunno

"We live in a society" was already a Joker meme long before Leto. Snyder is just using it kind like how X Men 3 used the "I'm the Juggernaut b***!" meme. Kind of strange, imo.

Snyder is actually a 15-17 year old who does stuff that he thinks is cool but is actually lame.

I will never forget ZS trash talking Ant-man saying it was shallow fluff for kids that don?t want to think too much during a movie

sigh

"We live in a society" was already a Joker meme long before Leto. Snyder is just using it kind like how X Men 3 used the "I'm the Juggernaut b***!" meme. Kind of strange, imo.

I don't remember anyone ever posting it here. I thought we were the focal point of all popculture trends. :lol

I thought we were the focal point of all popculture trends. :lol

We are!!

DFvd7m5.gif

agmunZq.gif

For myself, this new trailer is incredible and is really a testament to how insanely different this is going to be from the 2017 film. I am crazy hyped. Does it look like the movie has a lot crammed into it? Sure, but it's also 4 hours long which I am totally there for. Snyder goes for epic cinema and this looks to be just that.

I'm not sure how "insanely different" it will be. It will definitely look different and won't have the awkward attempts at humor, but otherwise it seems like it will tell a similar story but with more, more, more - more time establishing Flash & Cyborg, more Batman nightmares, more characters (both good guys & bad guys) thrown into the mix, more CGI battles, etc.. I'm pretty sure I saw mother boxes in the trailer, so it would seem the same macguffin is being utilized. I don't mean to trivialize them with that statement, I'm just saying they're in both versions.

I am curious how this will feel from a viewing standpoint - like a seamless, 4-hour movie or like the two separate movies (Parts 1 & 2) it was originally intended to be? He probably shot something last year to make the transition smoother, but I'm guessing it will still be pretty easy for us to discern where ZS originally planned to end Part 1.

At this point if they are not willing to reinvest in shared universe. I want them to reboot everything with batman.

This so called multiverse approach is a joke 2 different timelines coexisting at the same time is nonsense. If they really want to expand their brand beyond 1 character, batman, the shared universe is the only approach were established characters are leveraged to introduce lesser known ones.

Rebooting the batman, that movie maybe great but it's a copy of noland. I simpliy want I saw in the justice league cartoons brought to life who here does not want to see a darkseid invasion or a watch tower or even green lantern sinestro battle .

But instead we have these small movies made with big characters.

I actually dont really like a shared universe because it can be predictable and individual stories have to work between certain guidelines but it's the only way to get this huge of an ensemble of a cast and characters to work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back