Your most anticipated movie of 2012?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your most anticipated movie of 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Easy pick for me. The Avengers is my most anticipated, followed by The Hobbit, then Prometheus.
However, I'll see them all.

I said Rises but I'm actually equally excited for the Hobbit but I couldn't pick both so I went for Rises purely because it's coming 1st. Avengers is a very very close 2nd. I'm not excited about Spidey for some reason but hopefully it'll suprise me & be a great film.
When's Superman coming?

The only reason I can't get excited for the Avengers is because I felt Captain America and Thor felt cheap and rushed, there hasn't been a Hulk movie with the Hulk in the Avengers and black widow and Hawkeye were both side characters in average movies imo.
The only thing that gives me slight faith that it wont suck is the first Iron man and looking at the trailers out for The Avengers they're really trying to put Iron Man as the front runner for the marketing which isn't surprising. Time will tell I suppose.

Mine will definitely be Batman. Loved the Bane storyline from when I was younger so I hope that the movie can pull it off. Nolan has some big shoes to fill after Dark Knight.

1. THE HOBBIT
2. The Avengers
3. Batman movie thing.
4. Teh Amazing Spideydude.

We've already seen the Hobbit though. It was called Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, Return of the King. How many more hours of little people walking do you want?

Well we've already seen The Dark Knight Rises though. It was called Batman Begins & The Dark Knight. How many more hours of man-in-a-bat-costume do you want?

:lol

We've already seen the Hobbit though. It was called Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, Return of the King. How many more hours of little people walking do you want?

I don't know why but your post made me think of this :lol:

[ame]https://youtu.be/xKbyWSwd7hk[/ame]

1) TDKR (my expectations aren't high; I'm miffed about a lot of things I see/hear but am not going to dismiss it yet)
2) The Hobbit (the trailer had me pumped; never have read the book but love the original trilogy)
3) Skyfall (Daniel Craig IS Bond)
4) The Bourne Legacy (very intrigued by the lack of Damon as Bourne; love the original trilogy!)
5) The Avengers (hardly excited but I've invested money/time into the rest of the series so far, might as well see this right?)

While my gut feeling is telling me that TDKR with definately be the "better" of the 2 movies than Avengers, there's still the big excitement of seeing a new movie property vs a part 3 in a series.

New property? This is the sixth movie in the series! IM, Hulk, IM 2, Thor, and Captain America all preceded it.

No it's not. They were all stand alones. While hinting to this film, they're their own films.

Hinting? Nick Fury's in all of the movies! And not just after the credits. He and Black Widow are in IM2 pointlessly and I'd argue it ruined the movie by cluttering it up needlessly. He's at the end of Captain America and gives the movie absolutely no closure and left my dad (who had only seen IM1 up until the end credits) leaving the theater with a huge WTF feeling. Tony Stark is in the Hulk and would leave you scratching your head if you didn't know who he was.

The only real cameo that worked for me and was a nice nod for comic fans was Hawkeye in Thor. I didn't know who he was. I was confused as hell why in the pouring rain a man would choose a bow and arrow as a weapon but went with a Marvel fan and he told me it was Hawkeye. It worked for me. The rest works for me viewing it as a series. But individually? A one and done film? No. Certainly not enough closure for my liking in Captain America to call it a good film and the weird elements of SHIELD aren't seamlessly blended as you might like to think.

And all of these characters are not a new property. All of these heroes (and villain) are from other movies. I guarantee you if I started with just the Avengers, I'd likely think less of the film because I highly doubt there will be enough character development for all the characters for me to care for all of them or to keep easy track of who's who and what each one does. I love the idea of building up the universe in solo films but at the same time underwhelmed by some of it all feeling it was just a 2 hour commercial for "The Avengers."

I liked IM and liked Hulk even more. I LOVE Thor. I did not care for Captain America and liked IM2 even less. I hope after this the solo films are SHIELDless and focus on their respective character.

But they easily work without each other. They are stand alone, but they connect as one universe.

I don't think they work WELL without eachother. Like I pointed out, the SHIELD thing can clutter up the plots and it'd be better as solo films without it. Especially in the case of IM2 and the conclusion of Hulk and Captain America.

I think the SHIELD thing worked fine in Thor and could be understood just to be a secret government agency out to cover up secrets.

No particular order

Taken 2
Amazing Spider-Man
World War Z
Django Unchained
Gravity
TDKR
Prometheus
Great Gatsby
Lincoln

I don't think they work WELL without eachother. Like I pointed out, the SHIELD thing can clutter up the plots and it'd be better as solo films without it. Especially in the case of IM2 and the conclusion of Hulk and Captain America.

I think the SHIELD thing worked fine in Thor and could be understood just to be a secret government agency out to cover up secrets.

Iron Man, the only real SHIELD thing was after the end credits. Agent Collson helped out Pepper to track down Stain.

Incredible Hulk...only at the end.

Thor, like you said.

Iron Man 2 was the only real mess up here. They put too much in the film.

And Captain America's worked because he needed SHIELD to wake him up.

Back