Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now your just being mean :monkey2

Besides, i don't "collect" collect them. I just have to have the slipcover if i know a movie comes with one.

I was just playing with ya, buddy! :1-1:
I am the same way. :rotfl:rotfl

I think I should have put the "wink" smiley at the end. Doh! :(

I was just playing with ya, buddy! :1-1:
I am the same way. :rotfl:rotfl

I think I should have put the "wink" smiley at the end. Doh! :(

I know :1-1:

I just wish that Jon guy would reply to my e-mails so i can get my replacement cases and cover and maybe slipcover.

Maybe one day we'll get a good one. My DVD will have to suffice for now.

Hope so. The one i got doesnt even have subtitles on or special features (i think).

I want Tree of Life, but I know it will be less down the line, my Best Buy had it for $22.99 when I swung by today, but...

I did pick up:

Scream 5-Film Set
Scream 4

Wow, this guys review annoys the hell outta me. Admittedly, I've been a fan since I saw this flik in theaters when I was a teenager in 1994, but the reviewer here doesn't sound like he wanted to watch this movie, let alone care to actually pay attention to it.

"The story in fact is (no skeletal pun intended) bare bones. Musician Eric Draven (Lee) and his fiancée Shelly (Sofia Shinas) are viciously murdered by a gang of thugs who are celebrating (if that's the right word) Devil's Night, October 30, the night before Hallowe'en, which is of course All Hallow's Eve. Why these thugs have targeted Eric and Shelly is never adequately explained, just one of The Crow's weaknesses in terms of providing context and backstory."

Both the police officer and the main villain explain why Eric and Shelley were killed at two separate times!

"Eric returns to the site of his and Shelly's murder, and remembers what happened to them. He applies grotesque, Joker-esque makeup to his face and dons positively Gothic black clothing and sets about avenging the deaths of a year prior. That, in a nutshell, is all there is to The Crow, and despite its visual virtuosity courtesy of Proyas' sweeping, swooping camera moves, may not be enough."

The original comic book was entrenched with rock music and influnces. James O'Barr has stated that he based Eric Draven's muscular look on Iggy Pop and the face paint from Alice Cooper's classic make up.

As a vengeance flick, The Crow is fine. One can't help but think, though, that it could have been so much more.

I can let this one kinda slide a little because you'd have to of been a fan who looked into the production of the flik and all the behind the scenes stuff. But honestly this reviewer comes off as some kind of ****** who doesn't care about this flik and doesn't care enough to be responsible for his words. The movie had to be edited from its original concept (the "more" part he's looking for) in order for it to be released.

In any case, I'm surprised and happy as hell to see that the Proyas commentary has been included! Thank God whatever studio got over themselves and worked out a deal for this to finally see the light of day. I wonder if any of the other 2-disc extras have been ported over as well.

Wow, this guys review annoys the hell outta me. Admittedly, I've been a fan since I saw this flik in theaters when I was a teenager in 1994, but the reviewer here doesn't sound like he wanted to watch this movie, let alone care to actually pay attention to it.

"The story in fact is (no skeletal pun intended) bare bones. Musician Eric Draven (Lee) and his fiancée Shelly (Sofia Shinas) are viciously murdered by a gang of thugs who are celebrating (if that's the right word) Devil's Night, October 30, the night before Hallowe'en, which is of course All Hallow's Eve. Why these thugs have targeted Eric and Shelly is never adequately explained, just one of The Crow's weaknesses in terms of providing context and backstory."

Both the police officer and the main villain explain why Eric and Shelley were killed at two separate times!

"Eric returns to the site of his and Shelly's murder, and remembers what happened to them. He applies grotesque, Joker-esque makeup to his face and dons positively Gothic black clothing and sets about avenging the deaths of a year prior. That, in a nutshell, is all there is to The Crow, and despite its visual virtuosity courtesy of Proyas' sweeping, swooping camera moves, may not be enough."

The original comic book was entrenched with rock music and influnces. James O'Barr has stated that he based Eric Draven's muscular look on Iggy Pop and the face paint from Alice Cooper's classic make up.

As a vengeance flick, The Crow is fine. One can't help but think, though, that it could have been so much more.

I can let this one kinda slide a little because you'd have to of been a fan who looked into the production of the flik and all the behind the scenes stuff. But honestly this reviewer comes off as some kind of ****** who doesn't care about this flik and doesn't care enough to be responsible for his words. The movie had to be edited from its original concept (the "more" part he's looking for) in order for it to be released.

In any case, I'm surprised and happy as hell to see that the Proyas commentary has been included! Thank God whatever studio got over themselves and worked out a deal for this to finally see the light of day. I wonder if any of the other 2-disc extras have been ported over as well.

I really don't give 2 $#!+$ about his review or anyone's review. I only wanted the transfer to be amazing and guess what. It is ! :yess:

Picked up Monster House yesterday because it's on sale at Meijer for $15, and I had about $12 of bottle return coupons, so for $3 I couldn't pass it up.

Wasn't going to get Green Lantern, but that BB steel book might be too tempting.

I really don't give 2 $#!+$ about his review or anyone's review. I only wanted the transfer to be amazing and guess what. It is ! :yess:

:lecture I concur. I always skip to the A/V ratings portions anyways. Not everyone enjoys the same movies, and most of the time the person reviewing it has some bias to either love the movie or hate it. Too many times have I seen movies that have perfect scores for A/V, but have a one star for the movie itself get recommended as a must buy. And vice versa. So I just skip the technical parts of the review.

Fast Five and Transformers.

Fast Five is the best of the series so far.

Transformers I have to take in bits or I'll be exhausted by the time it's over. :lol

Back