Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most recent 4K blu ray I bought was The Green Knight about 3-4 months ago. Interesting film. Seemed to me like a deconstruction of chivalry itself. Pretty brutal in that regard. For me this is a genre where I really do miss the escapism into the ideal and being confronted instead with harsh reality isn’t all that satisfying. Nothing blew me away about the cinematography, which on the other hand was still very good though.

Before that I got the ZSJL 4K blu ray. I have yet to watch the disk because I’m saving it for an attempt at a marathon viewing of MoS, BvS, and ZSJL. (I have all three films on 4K blu ray.) I’ve never tried that. It’s pretty ambitious, I realize. That’s a 9:26 total runtime. Call it roughly 9 hours sans end credits.

Do I really want to do this to myself, lol? Will I even be able to enjoy it? I feel like if I’m in the right place for it psychologically it could be a great experience though. I mean, my wife and I have probably come close to that with some binge watches of TV series. I should probably just think about it in the same way.

As a side note we watched Peter Jackson’s LotR trilogy on 4K blu ray, the extended versions, when it released a couple years ago. And we divided it into three nights and it was wonderful that way. But that’s 11:26 total runtime. And I sense the 9 hour mark for the Snyderverse trilogy might not tire me out as much.

Last edited:
Back