Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand exactly what your saying here but honestly I personally think " The Thing " has all of those. One of the best horror movies ever made imo. Some of the scenes are very tense and the movie has a very edge of your seat vibe to it.
I remember crapping it the first time watching the scene where there testing the blood samples !. :horror
If thats not horror I don't know what is. Sure the gore can be over the top but at the end of the day its a horror about an alien that basically rips you apart and becomes you. :lol

I'm a person who could watch the most horrific thing in a movie ( as long as it isn't real ) and not be phased at all though so I guess its all about what effects you and what doesn't.
Do you not think the gore in RAMBO and maybe even the other two first blood sequels was a little overboard ?.

well that may be all well and fine for you, but i watch movies to enjoy them, not to be disturbed and grossed out to the point of vomiting. the thing to me was just not fun at all, too serious and too gory for me.

as for rambo movies, yeah the only one i really dont like that much is rambo 4. im also not nuts about first blood, only cuz it doesnt fit the rambo mold that the sequels created. i prefer the rambo of the sequels, and im a fan of big OTT action films. i saw rambo 4 twice and while i can tolerate alittle more then the thing, that movie was also just OTT with the blood gore and violence. sure rambo 2 and 3 were very violent but not at all in the same way. those movies knew how to keep the fun and excitment but in a way that a kid could possibly watch it and not be scarred for life lol. you didnt see ppls limbs and heads flying everyone in pools of blood and seeing a closeup of someones arm or head getting cut off and heads on sticks and all that in the first 3 films. il admit though i kinda giggled when the guy shot the sniper rifle and the boat guys head just BLEW OFF lol but the rest of it was too violent for me and just all kinds of nasty. and rambo didnt hardly blow up anything! i hope that if they make a 5th movie they make it in the style of the first 2 sequels.

speaking of which, the rambo sequels look AMAZING on blu ray. and tonight i picked up another stallone series, the Rocky Undisputed Collection on blu ray dvd. started watching Rocky and so far im lovin it! plan to watch the whole series over!

Last edited:
I'll be picking up Zombieland Monday @ midnight @ my local NE Ohio Walmart.....:D

Fo show....I will be getting this.

bluzombielandb.jpg

I'll be getting mine at Best Buy because even the Blu-ray has two discs. :D

well that may be all well and fine for you, but i watch movies to enjoy them, not to be disturbed and grossed out to the point of vomiting. the thing to me was just not fun at all, too serious and too gory for me.

as for rambo movies, yeah the only one i really dont like that much is rambo 4. im also not nuts about first blood, only cuz it doesnt fit the rambo mold that the sequels created. i prefer the rambo of the sequels, and im a fan of big OTT action films. i saw rambo 4 twice and while i can tolerate alittle more then the thing, that movie was also just OTT with the blood gore and violence. sure rambo 2 and 3 were very violent but not at all in the same way. those movies knew how to keep the fun and excitment but in a way that a kid could possibly watch it and not be scarred for life lol. you didnt see ppls limbs and heads flying everyone in pools of blood and seeing a closeup of someones arm or head getting cut off and heads on sticks and all that in the first 3 films. il admit though i kinda giggled when the guy shot the sniper rifle and the boat guys head just BLEW OFF lol but the rest of it was too violent for me and just all kinds of nasty. and rambo didnt hardly blow up anything! i hope that if they make a 5th movie they make it in the style of the first 2 sequels.

speaking of which, the rambo sequels look AMAZING on blu ray. and tonight i picked up another stallone series, the Rocky Undisputed Collection on blu ray dvd. started watching Rocky and so far im lovin it! plan to watch the whole series over!

I'm not a real big horror fan unless it's tongue in cheek. I see what you mean, but for me The Thing was different. It wasn't about some murder who preys on teenagers and kills them in a 100 different ways. Those movies I can do without.

You didn't think the walking head was kinda cool? :lol

that's why I don't watch todays horror movies...all shock & needless gore. give me hitchcock & the rest of the old school movies any day

Here's a link to a free 3 month Amazon Prime trial. Free 2 day shipping and guaranteed day of release delivery on movies. You don't have to purchase anything, just add any textbook to your cart and select "Free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime trial membership." Check the cart and delete whatever book you added....Just remember to either cancel the membership before it ends, or go to "manage Prime membership" and turn off "Auto renewal" in the settings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/signup/textbooks.html

Is the Best Buy Exclusive version worth it, anyone purchased it yet?

:dunno

Is the Best Buy Exclusive version worth it, anyone purchased it yet?

:dunno

At 24.99 it's within a buck of the regular edition Blu anywhere else. And it has 3 discs. I have no idea what's on the 3rd disc. But @ around the same price I bought it anyway.

Meijers has Zombieland for $22.

And I picked up the Godfather I and II at Target today, but it was a chore to get the $10. The system didn't come up with it at first, and they couldn't figure out what to do. Finally, after voiding out the sale and starting all over, it came up correctly.

I just got my copy too, but at the local Best Buy the EX was gone; only 5 per store. :banghead

^^^I had to cancel mine. I was hoping that Amazon would drop the price to $19.99 or less. I'll wait until I can get it for that price.

Nabbed it for $15 off Amazon with a special credit they sent me ! :rock

Meijers has Zombieland for $22.

And I picked up the Godfather I and II at Target today, but it was a chore to get the $10. The system didn't come up with it at first, and they couldn't figure out what to do. Finally, after voiding out the sale and starting all over, it came up correctly.

How much did the Godfather end up being ? And can I still get the coupon ?

Back