Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DVD.

The boy in the striped Pyjamas.
Observe and Report.
A fistful of Dollars.
DeadLine ( a horror I was looking at and after realising it was Brittany Murphy playing the lead I decided to buy it ).

Blu Ray.

Public Enemies
Shifty

:lol

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Jan. 7 said it would release 3D movies on Blu-ray Disc worldwide for the first time, beginning this summer with the animated release, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

The launch is aimed to coincide with the summer arrival of Sony Electronics’ 3D compatible Bravia LCD televisions and 3D compatible Blu-ray disc players.

“3D entertainment on Blu-ray is poised to revolutionize the home viewing experience in much the same way that high-definition televisions and Blu-ray Disc have over the past several years,” said David Bishop, global president of Sony Picture Home Entertainment. “SPHE is proud to lead the way in providing compelling 3D entertainment to complement the new hardware entering the marketplace.”

Why is 3D such a big deal... you spend your entire life in it. :)

:lol

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Jan. 7 said it would release 3D movies on Blu-ray Disc worldwide for the first time, beginning this summer with the animated release, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

The launch is aimed to coincide with the summer arrival of Sony Electronics’ 3D compatible Bravia LCD televisions and 3D compatible Blu-ray disc players.

“3D entertainment on Blu-ray is poised to revolutionize the home viewing experience in much the same way that high-definition televisions and Blu-ray Disc have over the past several years,” said David Bishop, global president of Sony Picture Home Entertainment. “SPHE is proud to lead the way in providing compelling 3D entertainment to complement the new hardware entering the marketplace.”

I can just imagine what all this would cost.

So in order to watch Blu-ray 3D you have to have a TV (compatible with 3D) and a blu-ray player (compatible with 3D). That is crazy :horror I'll pass.

Yea, never heard of that before. Sure, to watch blu-ray you need a hdtv and a blu-ray player...but that's different! :D

I won't be rushing to the technology but I'm going to wait a little while to replace any of my older tv's to see what 3-D standard comes out on top.

So in order to watch Blu-ray 3D you have to have a TV (compatible with 3D) and a blu-ray player (compatible with 3D). That is crazy :horror I'll pass.

Well the PS3 and many late model blu's will be able to play 3D movies. What will be needed are upgraded cables as they will be required to transmit basically two streams of 1080p video data across them.

But, for the full affect, a compatible display device will be required...:sick

Il give 3D a miss i think, just got Blu ray after being lazy for a while..i dont think 3d will be the same outside the cinema anyways unless of course you own a cinema sized televison.
Last DVD i got was Star Trek, Wolverine and some sitcom boxsets...for the winter times!

Il give 3D a miss i think, just got Blu ray after being lazy for a while..i dont think 3d will be the same outside the cinema anyways unless of course you own a cinema sized televison.
Last DVD i got was Star Trek, Wolverine and some sitcom boxsets...for the winter times!

If you could get a 60"+ in your room it would be boss! either way i can't wait to go see one but they'll be way too expensive for a few years.

Yea, but blu isn't much different when it comes to really needing a bigger set to get the full effect. Sure, I can see a difference on my 55" set, even on my 46". But when you have blu on a 120", the difference is so clear, so obvious, so sweet that even my wife comments on it. And any of the married guys here knows how rare THAT is! 3-D is going to be the same way.

And let's not forget that you'll still have to wear the goofy glasses.

so sweet that even my wife comments on it. And any of the married guys here knows how rare THAT is!

I have a 100" projector setup in the basement and the wife still can't see a difference... I just don't get it!?! And she refused to call Blu-ray's anything but DVD's. She says if it's a disc with a movie on it, it's a DVD regardless...

No idea how much the 3D tv's are going to be, but Toshiba also announced the hardware and the MSRP for the new 3D BDP is 'only' $50 more than the non 3-D BDP.

got "Band of Brothers" box set....looking forward to watching it.

Well the PS3 and many late model blu's will be able to play 3D movies. What will be needed are upgraded cables as they will be required to transmit basically two streams of 1080p video data across them.

But, for the full affect, a compatible display device will be required...:sick

WOW...what a headache thats going to be.

Pardon my ignorance b ut why is new hardware needed for Blu-Ray 3-D? We are able to watch DVDs in 3-D on our regular TVs and players. What's the difference?

Luis

Because you still have to get two images on screen somehow, one for each eye. You could do it with the crappy red/blue glasses, but that's not what they're going for here. Here's a decent article by Wired on the subject:

https://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/10/3d-tv-explainer/

Picked up Boondock Saints today for ten bucks. Heard good things about it, and I see there's a '2' coming - anyone here catch it? For a ten spot I couldn't pass it up.

Back