Your Grail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean GRAAAAAALS? I have many. So, so many.

I would feel so much worse about the current price of the Shaak Ti PF if she were wearing her robes and not that weird bikini deal. I'll probably just get the Gentle Giant bust for $100 and then the shakes will go away. Or I could pay someone to sew robes for her. If I were that insane. Which I might be. Thankfully I'm not really interested in Darth Talon, as Twi'leks have creeped me out (and not in the sexy way) ever since I learned that they keep their brains in those things.

For PFs, oh jeez. Storm, green Poison Ivy, this Neytiri (which I don't think is even a PF, but whatever). Thank god there's a new Red Sonja coming out, else you could throw her in there, too.

For Hot Toys, it's Col. Hans Landa, who, last time I checked, was only available on eBay in parts (not that I have the money for him now anyway). Because now I'm officially that guy, who'll pay hundreds of dollars for a Nazi doll. After that, Rescue ver. Cap, General Grievous (who I had to cancel because MONEY), but I'm not sure those count as "graals", since their prices haven't inflated like crazy and they aren't rare.

Now, for other companies...

• This $850 monstermash, which is what I'm currently saving for.
• You don't even know the sounds I made when I realized someone made a Kidagakash Nedakh figure.

But at least those are still being sold retail. Then there's the after market.

• I'm pretty sure this retailed a little over $100. Now it's over $1,000. Thanks, limited runs made before they realized how insanely popular the movie would be.
Tia Dalma, edition size: 200.
• And then a ton of Giuseppe Armani statues that are basically Mucha women made 3D. I don't even want to look up the prices of those.

Don't even ask me about characters I want to see, but don't exist yet. But, OK, just one.

Kuchisake-onna, specifically from the movie where she's a giant woman in a trench coat and basically a hybrid of the unkillable Western slasher villain and the vengeful Asian lady-ghost.

kuchisake-onna-o.gif

Really, a whole line of Japanese (or better, general Asian) horror icons/folkloric oogity-boogities would be the cat's pajamas.

Still wishing that the Iron Man Mark VI Maquette would drop to a reasonable price, absolutely love it but can't justify that price people are asking for it...but want it so bad!

Sideshow-Weta Gandalf in bronze, now Thats a Grail! *dreaming*

Oh wait, I forgot!

THIS GUY:
901071_press11-001.jpg

I've seen the black variant (which is actually had a smaller edition size) up on eBay-- 3 at the same time, even, all for crazy money (naturally), but never the red. I don't know why.

All I know is that I'd totally slide into someone's ankles over and over until they died in order to get one.

Oh wait, I forgot!

THIS GUY:
View attachment 238091

I've seen the black variant (which is actually had a smaller edition size) up on eBay-- 3 at the same time, even, all for crazy money (naturally), but never the red. I don't know why.

All I know is that I'd totally slide into someone's ankles over and over until they died in order to get one.

I remember playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo back in the day and the Boxer was called M Bison and the this guy the last Boss was called Vega.

I've got two grails right now that'd be truly on topic in this place! The first is hopefully just a matter of waiting; I'm impatiently hoping that the prototype Paul McGann that was glimpsed at the Big Chief stand recently will actually be released.

The second is a more complicated affair - in that it's a kitbash that may involve either commissioning a head once I've got that sort of cash/know-how of 1/6 scale commissioning, or working out where on this place to ask for sculpt recommendations.

...I'm a bit of a Highlander fan, but to clarify, and to utterly sully my nonexistent nerd-cred - my favourite character in the entire franchise is Methos. Who sadly never got anything resembling an official release, or even any attention from the writers of the TV show.

So I'm currently hunting for 1/6 scale heads that all have a vague resemblance to Peter Wingfield, though not one of the ones on my list is quite close-enough to satisfy (most easily identifiable amongst them - a Hot Toys Royce, and a Triad Toys John Carter may very well appear in my collection come the next paycheck!) given that my other hobby allows me to be far more hands-on with likenesses, and... tends to semi regularly produce minimee style heads.

Back