Your First Sideshow Collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine was a lot of Sideshow Weta LOTR pieces, that was the beginning. I remember looking on Ebay and seeing how much some pieces cost and I thought to myself, "I'll never pay that much for a piece." :lol:lol:lol

AmazingLukedoll.jpg

First Sideshow product: Witchking and Mouth of Sauron helms
First PF: Lurtz
First statue: Gandalf on Shadowfax and Gothmog on Warg
First figure: The Highlander exclusive figures (I bought the whole set)
First bust: Mouth of Sauron and Ringwraith

I had the helms for about 2 days and loved them so much I bought the PFs and statues and busts the same week.

P2120423.JPG

...unfortunately he's long gone too.. I would love to have him again to put in the office at work.

First one for me was a Xander 1/6th figure from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I got it cheap from Entertainment Earth. The first item I actually bought direct from Sideshow was
Star Wars 12-inch Figures Qui-Gon Jinn - Sideshow Exclusive (1)

on 3/17/2006.

(Sorry, I had to go back in my order history on SSC's website to remember what it was, heh)

First PF: Lurtz

That was my first PF too. opening that thing was incredible, I still remember how surprised at how amazing it looked. This was way before I knew much about sideshow, sideshow freaks, or this hobby even; I just like LOTR.

I just started collecting, so my first SS piece was the Gandalf The White PF. I decided to make it my first despite the bad rap it got, and I'm very happy I did, I'm very satisfied with it.

X-Files John Doggett 12" last July. A year later I now have 5. Woo.

(uh, not 5 John Doggett figures.)

Back