Your first NIGHTMARE! Which horror film started it all?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dad took me to see salems lot when i was 4, that was my 1st horror movie and it scared the crap outta me. i rewatched it again when i was about 17 or 18 and it wasnt scarry at all........who takes a 4 year old to a horror movie?? :lol

Wasn't Salem's Lot a TV movie... 1979 David Jansen and Lance Kerwin...

An American werewolf in London, only saw a quarter of it and we to scared to watch any more...
A nightmare on elm street 2 gave me nightmares for years.....

I saw "Phenomina" (a 1985 horror flick starring a young Jennifer Connelly) in 1996 when I was 9 years old. I couldn't sleep normally for months, and I always felt the killer was lurking around the corner of my bedroom...

YouTube happens to have the full movie! :lol

Never had nightmares, but The Fly remake left me pretty disturbed after the first viewing.

I saw the original Amityville Horror when I was 10 at the theatre. That really freaked me out, and slept with my head under the covers for the next couple years!

The exorcist to me was the worst, remember watching it when I was 7 still don't like it :monkey3 and anything freddy, but now I even have the freddy movies and a couple of figures:lol

Me and my brother one summer when I was 10 and our parents were two friday nights out having dinner with neighbors in the house next to ours, watched in the tv The Thing one night and another night Dawn of the Dead. After watching the thing we were terrified that our parents could be the thing when they came home so we couldnt sleep that night. About Dawn, there was a cemetery next to our place so we were terrified night and day about them coming out from their graves.

Jaws is another one, to day when I am swimming in open water far from the coast I dont stay in the water for too long and I am thinking about what could be below my feet. Damn you Spielberg!!!!!!

Bela Lugosi's Dracula. I saw it very young and THOSE EYES! I had to sleep with a night light for a long time. :lol

The secrets of the yaya sisterhood. Joking. Misery was the movie for me. I remember going to the movies and having to sit in the very first row. I knew at that time what a pissed off woman could do with a sledgehammer.

I don't think I've had nightmares from horror movies. But "Unsolved Mysteries" with its creepy music, Robert Stack's creepy monotone voice, and the announcement saying if I have any information of the suspect's whereabouts as they're at large were terrifying to me as a five, six, or seven year old.

I was a ***** as a kid so I can name a few.

Michael Myers freaked me out because living in Illinois I assumed he'd come and **** me up. I barely wanted to go Trick or Treating.

Nightmare on Elm Street. I mainly saw superhero or anime as a kid. So seeing this disfigured dude at 9 years old had me freaking out.

Child's Play, I was left alone with my brother a lot and my sisters were always asleep. Having a ton of toys, that scared me haha.

These 2 ****ed up my life. To this day I still can't see Scarface because I walked in on my sisters seeing it and it was right on the chainsaw scene. Still get a fast heart rate when I see it on the TV Guide.

I also walked in during the shower scene of Psycho, and I never wanted to take a shower again lol.

Mind you all of these took place until I was like 10. Now I can watch all these things and not be bothered. Except for Hostel. That ****ed me up at 16 haha.

Back