Your favorite Action Star

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: You're favorite Action Star

cliffhanger and demolition man are two of my favourite stallone films. Never actually been a big rocky or rambo fan.

Arnie has more greats imo. The terminators, conans (i actually like 'destroyer'), predator, total recall, true lies...i even like last action hero.

Don't forget Commando!!

Arnie everyday.

I don't mind Stallone but he's the one trick pony that everyone tries to stamp Arnie with

To my shame I've never seen that in full.

:slap:thwak

Shame on you!

It's pure excellence, cheesy 80s action film all the way. I put it right next to Predator any day.

It comes down to in no particular order:

The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Predator
Commando

The essential Arnold viewings.

Yeh...Arnie!

Bruce was pretty awesome but I'd personally rather sit through an Arnie film.
Like I will be doing tonight.

I think if Bruce wasn't tragically taken from us, he might of been right up there with Arnie.

You also have to take into account, Bruce died long before Arnold's career took off. We might of seen a slew of big Martial Arts films instead of the big action shooters in the 80s. Arnold might have been in Bruce's shadow, we'll never know.

To my shame I've never seen that in full.

aigle_omg_gif.gif

Gotta to see it great 80’s flick.

As far as the modern day action stars I think Liam Neeson would be my choice.

Modern day would be Gerard Butler or Jason Statham for me.

OP, can you change the title to 'your' or I won't be able to sleep tonight :wink1:

Of course the King of Cool, but his 4 years off from 74 to 78 doesn't help. And may be if he'd done A Bridge Too Far instead of An Enemy of the People, his place ahead of Bronson and Eastwood as the #1 movie star of all time would have been sealed.

I disagree. He has one of the best car chase scenes on film, second only to the first two Mad Max films (lumping them together). The fact that he was at the wheel for those scenes just cements him in the genre.

Yeh...Arnie!

Bruce was pretty awesome but I'd personally rather sit through an Arnie film.
Like I will be doing tonight.

I love Arnold, but Enter the Dragon, Fist of Fury, Way of the Dragon are classics. I am a martial arts fan because of Bruce. Hell, he inspired me to take martial arts. And if i had to pick someone other than Bruce, it would probably be Van Damme or Jet Li. I always preferred the martial arts stuff over the guns and explosion stuff. But Arnold is still high on my list.

I'll try to rectify my ignorance of Commando. There's actually a few others of Arnie's that I haven't seen.

As far as the modern day action stars I think Liam Neeson would be my choice.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I would concur. I can watch Neeson in any role but he's great as an action man, he brings such authority.

OP, can you change the title to 'your' or I won't be able to sleep tonight :wink1:

:lol I noticed that aswell.

Back