Your 2010 October/Halloween Movie List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kicked off my horror movie watching with The Midnight Meat Train. Well, it wasn't THAT great and I did fast forward through some boring talking. Lots of parts had me screaming...NO ONE WOULD DO THAT! The killing was good. Lots of Oooh, and ouch moments. I liked those. Suspense was pretty good too. All and all, it was an okay film to kick it all off. :D

I kicked off my horror movie watching with The Midnight Meat Train. Well, it wasn't THAT great and I did fast forward through some boring talking. Lots of parts had me screaming...NO ONE WOULD DO THAT! The killing was good. Lots of Oooh, and ouch moments. I liked those. Suspense was pretty good too. All and all, it was an okay film to kick it all off. :D

I need to check that one out.

So far I watched:

Surprisia
Behind the Mask
Candyman
The Crazies (original)
Deadgirl
Let the Right One In

I need to check that one out.

So far I watched:

Surprisia
Behind the Mask
Candyman
The Crazies (original)
Deadgirl
Let the Right One In

I have an idea...why don't we all write the movies we've watched with our ratings so that other members can get an idea of how good/bad they may be. This way, maybe we can check em out, or stay far, far away. :D

The Midnight Meat Train: 6.5/10

Btw SS, I love Candyman!

I have an idea...why don't we all write the movies we've watched with our ratings so that other members can get an idea of how good/bad they may be. This way, maybe we can check em out, or stay far, far away. :D

The Midnight Meat Train: 6.5/10

Btw SS, I love Candyman!

"Be My Victim!!" Love candyman. Need to check out the sequels cos i havent seen them since i was a kid and dont really remember them.

"Be My Victim!!" Love candyman. Need to check out the sequels cos i havent seen them since i was a kid and dont really remember them.

I very dislike the third one. But the 2nd one, Farewell to the Flesh is excellent! It's actually my favorite.

I very dislike the third one. But the 2nd one, Farewell to the Flesh is excellent! It's actually my favorite.

I THINK i remember seeing the second one. Do you see an actual flashback to him being dragged by the crowd of people? And them sawing off his hand and putting covering him in honey? Thats about all i can really remember, was so long ago that i saw it. I'll have to pick it up. I think i've heard a few people say the third one isnt too great. Not sure if i've actually seen that one or not.

I THINK i remember seeing the second one. Do you see an actual flashback to him being dragged by the crowd of people? And them sawing off his hand and putting covering him in honey? Thats about all i can really remember, was so long ago that i saw it. I'll have to pick it up. I think i've heard a few people say the third one isnt too great. Not sure if i've actually seen that one or not.

Yeah, it has the back story stuff in it. Which is why I love it so much. Getting to see/know how it all went down. Excellent stuff!

After some tweaking and conferring with a friend of mine, here's what should be my finalized list for this October:

I'll be kicking things off on Friday with a trip to Cinemark to see Let Me In. And then...

Zombieland

Jaws

Puppet Master

The Blob (1988)

The Gate

Planet Terror

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Day of the Dead (2008)

Shaun of the Dead

The Crazies (2010)

The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

The Birds

They Live

The Wraith

Poltergeist

The Thing (1982)

Creepshow 2

Deadly Friend

Session 9

Wind Chill

Sleepy Hollow

Leviathan

Midnight Meat Train

The Descent

And for the 29th - 31st

Prince of Darkness

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

Night of the Living Dead (Savini, 1990)

Trick 'r Treat

The Fog (1979)

i thought midnight meat train was ok. some of it was pretty cool and creepy. i think i liked the interview with clive barker more than the movie though.

so far...

halloween 2 (zombie version)
resident evil
resident evil apocalypse
resident evil degeneration
survival of the dead (effing awful...what was i thinking)
cujo
swamp thing
levithan
house of wax (remake)
descent
wrong turn
hills have eyes

So far I've watched:

- The Devil's Backbone
- The Creature From the Black Lagoon
- Revenge of The Creature
- The Creature Walks Among Us
- An American Werewolf In London
- Blade II
- Dark Country
- Beetlejuice
- Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Mimic
- The Mist

I should probably slow down... of course, I plan to rewatch some of the greater ones on that list by the 31st.

My list for October, in video form:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kPuRpfd4Pg0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kPuRpfd4Pg0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My List....

The Exorcist
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Night of the Demon
Poltergeist

Last edited:
Just started yesterday with Drag Me to Hell!! :rock!!

From the top of my head, my list this year will include:

• Trick R' Treat
  • Dracula (Universal)
  • Frankestein (Universal)
  • Wolfman
  • American Wolfman in London
  • Nosferatu
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Halloween
  • Friday the 13th series
  • Nightmare on Elm Street series
  • Bram's Stoker Dracula
  • Hellraiser

Will add more later...

Trick R' treat Blur-ray is only 7.99 on amazon dang!

Trick 'r Treat [Blu-ray]
ir

Last edited:
I'm moving in the near future, so my movie list is short this year. I've unfortunately had to pack half of my dvd's. But...the ones I must watch over month
Dracula, both the origional and Chritopher Lee
Hellraiser 1-3 (3 just to see pinhead sans pins)
Frankenstein (origional)
Zombieland
Night of the living dead (b&w)
Dawn of the dead remake
30 days of night
the Thing
Alien
Shaun of the Dead

and I always, always watch the Crow on Devils night.

Attachments

• bee.jpg
    bee.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 4
Any freaks streaming Netflix? It'd be really helpful if you could mention what format you're watching in. It's always hard for me to find something to watch on Netflix unless I know exactly what I'm looking for. :monkey2

Here's my Netflix streaming list so far:

Dr. Phibes Rises Again
Dracula (1931)
Dracula A.D. 1972
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Let the Right One In
Night of the Living Dead
Nosferatu
The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
White Zombie

There's a bunch of others (like Zombieland, or The Exorcist) that I just didn't mention 'cause I have 'em on DVD or blu and don't keep track of their streaming status.

PS: Return of the Living Dead is on Hulu.

Last edited:
I'm moving in the near future, so my movie list is short this year. I've unfortunately had to pack half of my dvd's. But...the ones I must watch over month
Dracula, both the origional and Chritopher Lee
Hellraiser 1-3 (3 just to see pinhead sans pins)
Frankenstein (origional)
Zombieland
Night of the living dead (b&w)
Dawn of the dead remake
30 days of night
the Thing
Alien
Shaun of the Dead

and I always, always watch the Crow on Devils night.

:rock me too dude, and have for probably the last 7 years! Great movie and it never gets old.

Back