You favorite childhood toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
So what was it? We all loved the Kenner stuff, GI Joe, He-man....

How about something more obscure? Pictures a plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are 3 of mine....wasted countless hours with these.

ece406466c310b81e5c90b0462be1b15.jpeg

392e15be2a7bc6e1d3f196733279e36b.jpg

a52e2e31fde3761063dd66aa352cd97a.jpeg

My eldest brother had a Creepy Crawlers maker but his was a much older model. I remember playing with it for years until the goop got too expensive. He also had a Vacuform which I also inherited later but it wasn't long before I ran out of the plastic sheets and you couldn't get them anymore.

Most of the toys I played with were hand me downs.

Not necessarily my fav toys, but without any doubt the ones that made me the happiest.

When I was a kid, I was into Ghosbusters, Transformers, TMNT... Well, that sort of things. My parents had agreed to get me the Ghostbusters and TMNT Panini albums, but that was all. When I asked for a He-man figure, I ended up with She-ra, and when I begged them to get me a Donatello figure for Christmas, I found Barbie Totally Hair under the tree... :slap

(They were already gutted I refused to wear skirts and dresses so I guess that was too much to ask! :lol )

So when my dad once came home with two small Gobots (yes, they weren't Transformers, but they were still better than Barbie!), a black submarine and a white motorbike, it was a small victory and I was overjoyed.

a8bdb08797dd791bed06c73bdf7bcb65.jpg NightRangerWhiLoose1b.jpg

(these are not my pics, I found them on internet. I still have my Gobots though!)

|The irony of that is that I started collecting dolls -mostly vintage Strawberry Shortcake- in my twenties :lol And my son is 8 now and into Lego and Marvel, but when he was a couple years younger, I had gotten him Transformers and all, and all he wanted was Playmobil princesses and Hello Kitty doll's tea sets, and his favourite colour was pink :lol I didn't follow my parents steps though. I got him what he wanted because I knew how frustrated it could be wanting Something so much and being told "no, you can't have it, it's for boys/girls"... )

Otherwise I loved anything Playmobil, electronic games (still have some of them like Nintendo Greenhouse), board games (I had none but my neighbour had all sorts of cool games like Operation, Garbage Pail Kids board game, The Mysteries of Peking, Hotel, Mouse Trap, oh, and that one, I don't remember the name but you had to build monsters with violet dough) and I collected plushed toys (i especially loved Popples)

Oh, and I guess it doesn't count as "toys", but my dad had built me terrariums so that I could breed ants and woodlouses and I would just spend hours looking at them.

I also spent many hours playing this:

742f9de2a8e83cbfbba251bc067e3239b6185fa3aeacc728ff678ce4a5bb.jpg

And that, at least when my bro let me!

thomson-to7-70-1.jpg

Holy cow! I had tricky billy also....

That thing was awesome! I eventually worked on being able to do it with my eyes closed....

I had a bunch of Mego Marvel figures that I loved. Also loved my 12' magnetic Batman and Robin figures by Mego. Those were my faves as a kid.

1. Coleco Force of Freedom Rambo.

sAoPh1N.jpg
zRZs1vM.jpg

2. Kenner Real Ghostbusters Firehouse.

VvgtsPC.jpg

3. Super Nintendo...my brother bought it, but we all played with it.

wPNgqcN.jpg

4. Kenner Robocop

tvarPpE.jpg

5. Playmates TMNT...no specific character, just the group.

VRl6Y3L.jpg

6. Toy Biz Hulk

fStivJG.jpg

7. Cap toys Stretch Armstrong

uU7rZGL.jpg

Honorable mentions

Kenner Jurassic Park T-Rex.

Kenner Batman Sky Escape Joker.

The Flintstones movie toy line.

Great list, clown.

Thanks. :hi5:

For me, the Super Nintendo outlasted all those other toys...including the Atari and the original Nintendo, until the N64 came out, but I think I enjoyed the SNES a bit more. I lost the Rambo figure in 1991, so his reign ended prematurely when I left him outside a hardware store near some bushes. Ironically, I left him behind like in the damn movie. :monkey2 :lol

Back