Yavin Luke 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The headsculpt is...

• Total voters
I would love to see the sculpt in its unpainted form. Btw, I posted the pics strictly for comparison. There is no intentional criticism.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I'll be passing on this. I'm sure many will disagree with me on this, but this figure looks like a Hasbro figure with a better headsculpt. The jacket looks more like a winter coat, and the medal is oversized. Certainly not worth the price.

yeah i think so too

JustinLuck said:
Btw, I posted the pics strictly for comparison. There is no intentional criticism.

No, I dont think you did. I was just making a point based on those pics.

Anyone know how much more tomorrow's non-attende will be? $60 or $65? $60 seems fair to me. He isn't worth $65. $55 is the perfect price but I under stand the price increase for non-attendees, yahda, yahda. At least I make up for it this year by going to SDCC again.

There was only a $5 difference for Vader last year and there was more to him than this Luke.

jlcmsu said:
There was only a $5 difference for Vader last year and there was more to him than this Luke.

That is what I thought too, but with both the others being $10 jumps I'm a bit worried. Were any of last years non-12" figures a $10 increase or were they all just $5?

jlcmsu said:

But I think ALL the exclusives last year were a uniform $5 difference, and this year the uniform difference has been $10 so far. I really think we'll see a $65 price tag on this figure for Non-Attendees, which is overpriced IMO. Heck, $55 is overpriced when more intricate figures were less (Bespin Han, Obi-Wan, Jedi Luke, etc.).

I do agree though that the sculpt is getting a bad rep because of the harsh lighting. Nearly every SSC sculpt looks much better in person because of the not-so-great photography on the product images. The paint apps may need tinkering, but I think the sculpt will be dead-on.

Yeah, everything was $5 looking at the SDCC page on SS site from last year. So I don't know we may see $5 but it may be $10.

At least with 6000 we will probably be able to get one for those who dont attend. It just sucks that GG wouldnt take a look at SS when it comes to stuff like this they are the best.

jason2885 said:
At least with 6000 we will probably be able to get one for those who dont attend. It just sucks that GG wouldnt take a look at SS when it comes to stuff like this they are the best.

GG is too busy sniffing it's own ass to notice.

If he's $10 over or $5 it doesn't matter too much to me. I figure either way I'll be getting him so a $5 difference doesn't make a huge difference.

But since the prices are kinda creeping up (in general) I hope Sideshow will be getting to the updated body soon.

jlcmsu said:
I agree. I think the lighting isn't helping. Given the chance to look over it with our own eyes I think people will be pleased.
Luke ... just once ... let me look on you ... with my own eyes ...!

Last edited:
Darthrazz said:
I didn't notice any monkey arms, but then again, now that I look at it....... :monkey3

monkey.jpg

Holy crap, that is hilarious! I about shot Coke out of my nose when I saw that.

Well there is one thing I think we can all agree on: Down the road we can all get him for probably less than retail, so to me it makes no difference whether its a $5 or a $10 mark up. (Tho I'm with Josh on this one. It'll only be a $5 mark up).

Sorry if this was mentioned already. Did Luke have a blaster like Han Or Leia at the ceremony? I seem to remember a Han type blaster at his side.

Back