YanToys 1/6 Man of Steel - Zod (Black Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
‘Better’ and ‘an aesthetic point of view’ are subjective terms, making them far more meaningless than ‘dated,’ which has a specific and verifiable meaning- as defined in a post above.

It’s all just preference with no right answers.
Better means quality
Aesthetic means looks/beauty.

I explained Aesthetic above

"Dated," no idea what it implies.

Better means quality
Aesthetic means looks/beauty.

I explained Aesthetic above

"Dated," no idea what it implies.
You’re still using these terms subjectively though.

Better ‘quality’ with regards to which specific criteria and standards, and using what metric to measure its success?

Also, beauty is about as subjective as things get, and claiming a superior ‘look’ again requires a lot of clarification.

You can just google the definition of ‘dated’ if the term baffles you so much.
Hint- it was used in reference to designs from a past era whose aesthetic style does not meet current standards or is no longer considered suitable, stimulating, relatable, or appealing.

You’re still using these terms subjectively though.

Better ‘quality’ with regards to which specific criteria and standards, and using what metric to measure its success?

Also, beauty is about as subjective as things get, and claiming a superior ‘look’ again requires a lot of clarification.

You can just google the definition of ‘dated’ if the term baffles you so much.
Hint- it was used in reference to designs from a past era whose aesthetic style does not meet current standards or is no longer considered suitable, stimulating, relatable, or appealing.
Beauty is NOT subjective. It's a fallacy. It's a cliche people hear and repeat. Cliches are trained responses. It's something people say to make others feel better about their standing in the world and themselves, aka altruism.

Beauty is very much universal. Throughout the world, people tend to agree what is beauty and what is ugly. We see this is love of women, men, colors, statues, architecture and so on.

Hence MOS/ZOD designs will never be universally loved or remembered. Comic artists tend to add straps, belts and bright colors to break up the "blank" canvas. Jim Lee was a master at this, hence his art is universally praised.

Beauty is simply not subjective.

Zod figure from YanToys is a decent Zod...not my cup of tea. I own the Justice League MOS and Reeves Sups and Reeves wins hands down. Better colors and design.

Zod figure from YanToys is a decent Zod...not my cup of tea. I own the Justice League MOS and Reeves Sups and Reeves wins hands down. Better colors and design.
Can't take anyone seriously who claims to love Christopher REEVE so much yet they can't even be bothered to spell his name correctly :lol :ohbfrank: :slap There was a Reeves Superman (George Reeves) who was also an incredible Superman. C'mon man...that's just disgraceful 🤦🏻‍♂️

But, based on your posts throughout this thread, it sounds like you're just in here to incite contention. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the vibe. I’d say at this point most ppl in here understand you’re not a fan of other designs outside of the Reeve films :lol . It's definitely ok that you seem to love the Reeve films above all else and hold them in the highest of high regards--nothing wrong with that. We all like what we like and that's what makes this place interesting.

But, coming into a thread that's NOT about the Reeve films to not only repeatedly mention your disdain for the Snyder designs and their supposed inferiority, but seemingly try to convince anyone interested the Snyder designs that your opinion is the only correct opinion to have on the subject, doesn't appear to be the best approach. It doesn't sound like you're interested in discussion or discourse, but rather stating your opinion as undeniable and irreproachable fact and anyone who disagrees with you is somehow factually wrong.

Last edited:
Beauty is NOT subjective. It's a fallacy. It's a cliche people hear and repeat. Cliches are trained responses. It's something people say to make others feel better about their standing in the world and themselves, aka altruism.

Beauty is very much universal. Throughout the world, people tend to agree what is beauty and what is ugly. We see this is love of women, men, colors, statues, architecture and so on.

Hence MOS/ZOD designs will never be universally loved or remembered. Comic artists tend to add straps, belts and bright colors to break up the "blank" canvas. Jim Lee was a master at this, hence his art is universally praised.

Beauty is simply not subjective.

You have no way to measure which is the most "beautiful" live-action Superman suit.
If there were two distinct beautiful people side by side, the opinion on who is the most beautiful would end up being a subjective process, just like this.

You are biased and probably bursting with nostalgia for the Reeve suit. There is nothing wrong with that but do you really feel that bringing that here to try and teach us we are wrong in what we perceive as the better-looking suit is a worthwhile endeavour for you?

The best news on top of a Zod final battle figure is finally a ko of supes hot toys body.
It's the best super hero body ever.
From what I see ya toys is using a bvs with the add on muscles.
They might be removable to get a leaner zod.
But that silicone printed thing is about the suit or body?

The best news on top of a Zod final battle figure is finally a ko of supes hot toys body.
It's the best super hero body ever.
From what I see ya toys is using a bvs with the add on muscles.
They might be removable to get a leaner zod.
But that silicone printed thing is about the suit or body?
As standard it probably is. I think the Man of Steel one is better as a base body to start with. The BvS/JL one looks weirdly roided out. Ideally a mix of the two.

As standard it probably is. I think the Man of Steel one is better as a base body to start with. The BvS/JL one looks weirdly roided out. Ideally a mix of the two.
Yes MOS is the best one 1s it allows you to add stuff.
With the add on muscles on bvs jla or zsjl versions you have a variety of options.
On my JLA and ZSJL I reshaved the shoulders, removed the forearms add ons for a muscular but lean look. Only on BVS I left everything because he was huge (inart is about too slim for my taste as great as the body is).
But let's hope more ko will be available of that body.

for those interested, check first post of updated, higher res photos

473610-YT-Zod7.jpg

Everyone has their preferences and that’s ok, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Superman 2 is pretty boring to me and I find Terrance Stamp’s Zod boring as a stereotypical mustache twirling villain and hardly find him threatening. The Richard Donner cut is better than the theatrical for sure but still not up to the calibre of Superman 1.

It’s a different version of Zod though than what has been released. One that many ppl were trying to kitbash themselves at the time of release with what little we had. So, it’s not so strange of release and definitely not a waste for ppl who have been either wanting this version or, at the very least, wanting a neautral headsculpt to display on the HT figure as the gritted teeth expression it came with is too scene specific.

I get you don’t like MoS and that’s ok. But, that doesn’t make this release a waste. It’s only a waste to you b/c it’s not a figure you want :lol

The truth is, if the Terrance Stamp Zod was so popular, we’d have gotten more than the 12” Mattel figure by now. Even the HT Reeve Superman took a while to sell out at the time and was even purchasable at discount for a good while before selling out. Like most things, it was only after it finally sold out that it eventually skyrocketed in price. But at the time, anyone who wanted one could get it pretty easily.

Who knows, maybe Mars Toys will take a stab at Stamp’s Zod since they are in the business of making characters from older films and we’ll see how popular he really is at this scale.

52ddadd8aa1c65b99b048f2eaee37cf086e8a8b0c2a2100c802a37d668dcb21e.jpg

Nothing yet.
But got confirmation from the company on their Instagram that the body in the photos will be the actual body.
Will swapp for a MOS body as Shannon was not as bulky.
If the suit fits well this is probably the best option. If this is a BvS-type Superman body I fear it will be too slack on a MoS Superman body.

If the suit fits well this is probably the best option. If this is a BvS-type Superman body I fear it will be too slack on a MoS Superman body.
Usually warming up those suits make them tighter.
We'll see 😉

Back