YanToys 1/6 Man of Steel - Zod (Black Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
“Soon! Brand new Body, silicone printed”
-YanToys

EDIT: update with Higher Res photos
YT Zod1.jpg

YT Zod4.jpg

YT Zod2.jpg

YT Zod7.jpg

YT Zod3.jpg

YT Zod5.jpg

YT Zod6.jpg

Updated looks at the heads

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpeg
    IMG_0415.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0417.jpeg
    IMG_0417.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 6
  • YT Zod1.jpg
    YT Zod1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The body looks too bulky, and appears to be a copy of BvS/JL Superman. Strange that they would make a new specific body but not copy the physique from the movie. Gauntlets look good! I wonder how sheer the suit is.

The body looks too bulky, and appears to be a copy of BvS/JL Superman. Strange that they would make a new specific body but not copy the physique from the movie. Gauntlets look good! I wonder how sheer the suit is.
Yea, I agree the body is too big. The original MoS body would’ve worked better.

I think the gauntlets are screen printed on the suit like the later Superman suits rather than a separate piece like the original MoS figure. I wonder if the “silicone printing” will mean it won’t stick to itself like other Superman suits did? 🤔

Overall, not too bad though IMO. Especially considering all we’ve had was the HT with the one expression.

If this is successful, I wouldn’t mind seeing them make an updated MoS Superman figure with the update suit tech since it seems HT isn’t going to.

Last edited:
You know, I was thinking about it and I think this guy, black suit Superman, and Black Adam will look fun together for a Men in Black team up.

I just don't see it. Maybe I am comparing Brando to Crowe....but nothing Crowe said really will stand the test of time. Nothing memorable.

"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders"

One of many.

"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders"

One of many.
That's the first time I have ever heard it repeated.
Curious you think his performance and that line is better than Brandos?

Wish I was able to get the HT Brando. That needs a third party .

I would struggle to compare them. I haven't watched Superman (1978) for at least 10 years. I did watch it on repeat when I was about 4. I do know Christopher Reeve complained about him phoning in his performance.
All I can say regarding Crowe is I really like what he did with the part.

Last edited:

Brando was good, but he wasn't at his peak. To me, Brando seemed sleepy most of the time when delivering his lines, especially in the fortress scenes. That's not to say I don't like the movie. I love it for what it is. But, there are ton of things I dislike about it if I were to actually pick it apart as a comicbook Superman fan first and foremost. The quote that @T8OO posted above is not only from Jor-El/Russel Crowe in the movie, but is also taken directly from All-Star Superman.

Brando was good, but he wasn't at his peak. To me, Brando seemed sleepy most of the time when delivering his lines, especially in the fortress scenes. That's not to say I don't like the movie. I love it for what it is. But, there are ton of things I dislike about it if I were to actually pick it apart as a comicbook Superman fan first and foremost. The quote that @T8OO posted above is not only from Jor-El/Russel Crowe in the movie, but is also taken directly from All-Star Superman.
I never knew that.

I would struggle to compare them. I haven't watched Superman (1978) for at least 10 years. I did watch it on repeat when I was about 4. I do know Christopher Reeve complained about him phoning in his performance.
All I can say regarding Crowe is I really like what he did with the part.
The script was better in Superman 1 and 2 than MOS. the acting was better. Just compare Lois to Lois, Perry to Perry, JorEl to JorEl and so on. Compare Zods...no contest.

I have never heard anyone repeat any Zod lines or lines from JorEl from MOS.

You can practically quote Terrance Stamp. Sadly the best line from Brando's Superman was in Superman 2 Donner cut, "The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son," I think was his best speech.

The script was better in Superman 1 and 2 than MOS. the acting was better. Just compare Lois to Lois, Perry to Perry, JorEl to JorEl and so on. Compare Zods...no contest.

I have never heard anyone repeat any Zod lines or lines from JorEl from MOS.

You can practically quote Terrance Stamp. Sadly the best line from Brando's Superman was in Superman 2 Donner cut, "The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son," I think was his best speech.
I disagree with pretty much every point you made here. I think the biggest surprise here is you even think Perry is better.

Man of Steel's Zod is like a soundboard of great lines!

"You... you believe your son is safe... I will find him. I will reclaim what you have taken from us! I will find him. I will find him, Lara. I WILL FIND HIM!"

"I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?"

"Tell me, you have Jor-El's memories; his conscience. Can you experience his pain? I will harvest the codex from your son's corpse, and I will rebuild Krypton atop his bones."

"There's only one way this ends, Kal. Either you die, or I do."

Back