1/6 YanToys - Ed from Shaun of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
e1.jpg

e2.jpg
e3.jpg
e4.jpg
e5.jpg
e6.jpg
e7.jpg
e8.jpg
e9.jpg

YANTOYS 1:6 Ed
Specification description:
Model: JR05
Size ratio: 1/6
Accessories list:
Simulated head sculpture * 2
movable body * 1
hand * 8
watch * 1
shoes * 2
shovel * 1
handle * 1
mobile phone * 1
shackles*1
platform*1
T-shirt*1
pants*1

Order cut-off date: September 30
Shipping date: 4th quarter of 2023 (subject to the actual shipping time of the manufacturer.)

Last edited:
The normal headsculpt definitley looks off, its like his facial features are all too small for his head, like someone minimised the middle of his face on photoshop. The zombie Ed looks great though, I'll probably pose him like that with Shaun. It's a shame he doesn't come with the Winchester rifle

Pretty big miss on the sculpt, its like the face is all scrunched up into the center of the head

ISP5UWd.png

Zombie one looks better, or at least better hidden under all the blood. I don't really want a figure just for that look though

What does that noob know anyway?!

I’ve been waiting for this since Shaun went up and have a fun display planned.

Will likely use the zombie face as it’s the clear winner of the two.

The light in this figure for me is Dead Ed. When it was initially teased that was the draw. Do wish the normal sculpt was better. Enough time to fix it, but will they? Probably not.

I kind of forgot about Shaun. Never pre-ordered but now with Ed coming too maybe..

Are these licensed or does this company just not care? It shows Shaun of the Dead on the pictures but I assume they’re not actually licensed.

I kind of forgot about Shaun. Never pre-ordered but now with Ed coming too maybe..

Are these licensed or does this company just not care? It shows Shaun of the Dead on the pictures but I assume they’re not actually licensed.

:dunno
It does state "PENDING LICENSOR APPROVAL."

There's been some strange things like this in the past. Like when Great Twins recast the HT Terminator and shrunk it down, which apparently was licensed and approved by Studiocanal. I was amazed that they got away with that. Also, many years ago, a company called Fire Figures was going to make an Assassin's Creed figure, they were using official logos and everything, but Ubisoft shut them down. That was funny because it was obvious they were making a joke on Hot Toys. Hot Toys ... Fire Figures ... :hammerhead:

But I think this is just a company pasting in the licensor text when they don't know what it actually means, chalk it up to the language barrier. They just put that text on the images because Hot Toys does it. I think if it actually was licensed it would have a TM or R symbol next to the Shaun of the Dead logo, and it would probably have the copyright text indicating that it's licensed by Studiocanal, who I believe is the license holder.

Back